• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Robert Bigelow, NIDS & Ongoing UFO Evidence Collection

Robert Bigelow and the NIDS investigation of Skinwalker Ranch. This is Part 2 of the presentation.
Part 1 is also interesting, but focuses on the Sherman family's experiences.

...Spectroscopy was attempted during the Hessdalen project, with inconsistent results ..

I still have the original Hessdalen Report.

At the time, Phillip Mantle of YUFOS went to Sweden to meet with the Swedish UFO people. I was also in YUFOS back in those days, so I was particularly interested in this phenomena.

What I found interesting in it is that, as mentioned above, it was pretty non committal on the source of the lights.

But, right at the end of the report it is mentioned that the observers fired a laser light beam at on of the lights...

And it went out.

But there was no follow up.

Why ?

I mean, there you have it, cause and effect.

The questions should start with 'what frequency was the laser ? what power/ was it pure or modulated ?

But nothing happened.

INT21.

it seems like bigelow, along with other skinwalker ranch ex-employees have joined tom delongues's TTSA thing

it seems like bigelow, along with other skinwalker ranch ex-employees have joined tom delongues's TTSA thing

So what's that then?

Some of us here don't follow certain areas of Forteana closely and only have a passing interest in certain subjects. So it's always better to post a link/explain what you are on about so the rest of us know erm what you are on about.

So what's that then?

Some of us here don't follow certain areas of Forteana closely and only have a passing interest in certain subjects. So it's always better to post a link/explain what you are on about so the rest of us know erm what you are on about.
long history and frankly the less you know about TTSA the better

So what's that then? ...

That is the To The Stars Academy (of Arts and Sciences) - the corporation founded in 2017 as the holding company for the To The Stars media / entertainment whatever-it-was DeLonge founded in 2014.

On the ranch tale...I did enjoy The Hunt For The Skinwalker book by Colm Kellerher.....an entertaining read even if it didn't really settle the issue of that ranch's alleged paranormal activity.

This seems as good a place as any to post the reaction by Jason Colavito to Garry Nolan’s latest ideas about getting to yes on the UFO issue.

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/g...ls-update-and-shares-his-postmodern-ufo-views

Note what Nolan assumes about the “mysterious” metal pieces found in the desert. This is also a main thread in the recent book American Cosmic where Nolan is pretty obviously one of Pasulka’s pseudonymous guides.

It appears this stuff is just waste product but those too wrapped up in fantastic ideas see it as a deliberate “gift”. It is a bit jarring to see such obviously shoddy thinking. Ufology as religion continues to evolve.

That is a profoundly depressing read. Thank you.

I was watching the 'Unexplained files 'again a couple of night ago.

This time it was partly on the cattle mutilation. I don't have any particular interest in this subject as it seems to be a mostly American phenomena. We don't have anything here to relate it to.

One thing did strike me though.

It seems, according to one observer, that there is a strong correlation between mutilation cases and ufo sighting right across America on the 37 North parallel.This parallel also crosses the countries on the north side of the Mediterranean then on through Turkey, Northern Iran, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Northern China. south Korea and Japan.

We don't hear of many mutilation cases from any of these countries.

Odd, don't you think ?

INT21

Some well documented sheep mutilations here in the UK, Dartmoor and Wales in particular.

Mike Freebury’s book ‘Killers on the Moor’ is worth checking out if you can find a copy, otherwise you can find him on YouTube. He did a lot of onsite research into Dartmoor sheep and pony mutilations, very interesting reading and a lot of unanswered questions (although Mike is an avowed ETH believer, which has resulted in some confirmation bias in his work).

Some well documented sheep mutilations here in the UK, Dartmoor and Wales in particular.

Mike Freebury’s book ‘Killers on the Moor’ is worth checking out if you can find a copy, otherwise you can find him on YouTube. He did a lot of onsite research into Dartmoor sheep and pony mutilations, very interesting reading and a lot of unanswered questions (although Mike is an avowed ETH believer, which has resulted in some confirmation bias in his work).
The "Terror of Guerande" 1800.
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/147267979?searchTerm=terror guerande
"About one o'olockin the morning he went out into the back yard,-and was about to cross to the rude mud-built cow-ho,use, when ho : dropped .the flint ; arid steel , whorowith ho had intended to: : light a small lamp which he carried; He
stooped down to seek.for them, : assisted by the clear starlight, and! was in this position when he suddenly, heard a loud , noise overhead, and the next moment he > felt himself nearly caught by two laroe I Iron clasps. Horrified, he looked up
saw some great hlack object hovering' in ■ the air,'and then, deadened by a sudden | spasm of fear, he fell fiat and rolled oyer : into a gutter leading from the cowhouse, [ where he lay insensible. Whervhe came
to himself it was two o'clock; lie was cold and wet, but otherwise unhurt. Ho entered the nouse, awoke his two sons, and with them sat up during the might; for no one of them dared to sleep,"

^That sounds more like one of Fort's inter-dimensional gods here for a snack on their farm planet than an actual alien.....

;)

^That sounds more like one of Fort's inter-dimensional gods here for a snack on their farm planet than an actual alien.....

;)
That's a weird one, eh?! Even has the ringing noise.. The part about the villagers attacking a strange balloon unlike any the mayor had seen before in woodcuts, is really odd too. :oops:

That's a weird one, eh?! Even has the ringing noise.. The part about the villagers attacking a strange balloon unlike any the mayor had seen before in woodcuts, is really odd too. :oops:
Yes....many of these 'ufo' cases have some very odd aspects to them which seem to not fit an alien examination of earth flora and fauna....at least they seem pretty bizarre to me.

I've spent the last several years going through Trove, LOC newspapers, and CA digital newspaper collections, and I have found some very interesting articles!; they are spread out through a thread at Historum history forum. I am going to create an index of the article snips, and when that is done I will provide it so you folks can go through it too. :)

I haven't read any good ufo books for a very long time. I wish an open minded , fair... yet skeptical person, would spend some time investigating modern field cases, both weird ones and more prosaic cases, and then write an entertaining book about their experiences and an honest appraisal of what they did or did not find.

I haven't read any good ufo books for a very long time. I wish an open minded , fair... yet skeptical person, would spend some time investigating modern field cases, both weird ones and more prosaic cases, and then write an entertaining book about their experiences and an honest appraisal of what they did or did not find.
I read bits and pieces of a fair number, but am usually around a good collection at my job. I only became deeply interested in the topic in 2010 after my own experience. The newspaper articles really opened my eyes though. Eventually I'll describe my experience, and a corroborating sighting I only discovered a few years ago, by accident.

An interview from Vice Magazine with the new owner of Skinwalker Ranch:

This Is the Real Estate Magnate Who Bought Skinwalker Ranch, a UFO Hotspot

Brandon Fugal bought the infamous Utah ranch from aerospace billionaire Robert Bigelow in 2016.

The person who owns the infamous Skinwalker Ranch, a supposedly haunted UFO hotspot in Utah, has decided to come out of the shadows.

Twenty-two stories up in a striking glass building in downtown Salt Lake City, I sat down with Brandon Fugal, a Utah-based real estate mogul and tech investor. Overlooking the city’s skyline, the 46-year-old business leader pointed out Utah’s most famous landmarks: Temple Square, the global headquarters of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, also known as the Mormons, and only two blocks north of it, Utah’s State Capitol Building. Surrounding these thrones of Church and State, two ideals that are not totally separate in Utah, were half a dozen commercial buildings and skyscrapers that Fugal has represented. Fugal was cofounder and owner of Coldwell Banker Commercial Advisors before it merged with Colliers International. His name seems connected with nearly every commercial real estate deal in the Intermountain West. He is also a tech investor, venture capitalist and entrepreneur.
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/m7qxyx/brandon-fugal-owner-of-skinwalker-ranch

Interesting article.....seems like Fugal is playing his cards close to his vest.

If he is involved with Hal Puthoff then he is an idiot.
Do you think Mr Puthoff is a fraud or just fallen down the rabbit hole a few years ago?

;)

A self-deciever. He is one of those few people who have tried to amend their own wiki page to remove the richly-deserved label 'pseudoscientist', and he was taken for a ride by Uri Geller with hilarious results.

This may or may not be a significant development. Bigelow Aerospace is laying off its entire workforce. The company's announcement ascribes "at least part" of the reason to coronavirus lockdown measures. However, Bigelow Aerospace declined to submit any proposal in response to NASA's latest relevant call for proposals, leaving the company in limbo with respect to its most obvious if not sole customer / sponsor.

Given the high incidence of conspiracy theorization associated with Bigelow's recent efforts and interests one would be forgiven for wondering if he (Bigelow) is cashing out and moving on. Other aerospace companies are continuing to operate as "essential", so it's not clear this shutdown is mandatory. Circumstances may be favorable to quietly abandoning Bigelow's aerospace work and aspirations.
Bigelow Aerospace lays off entire workforce

Bigelow Aerospace, the company founded more than two decades ago to develop commercial space habitats, laid off all its employees March 23 in a move caused at least in part by the coronavirus pandemic.

According to sources familiar with the company’s activities, Bigelow Aerospace’s 68 employees were informed that they were being laid off, effective immediately. An additional 20 employees were laid off the previous week.

Those sources said that the company, based in North Las Vegas, Nevada, was halting operations because of what one person described as a “perfect storm of problems” that included the coronavirus pandemic. On March 20, Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak signed an emergency directive ordering all “nonessential” businesses to close.

A company spokesperson confirmed March 23 that the company laid off all its employees because of the governor’s order, and that it faced “fines, penalties and threats of having our business license revoked” if it remained open. The spokesperson added that the company planned to hire workers back once the emergency directive was lifted, although other sources interpreted the layoffs as a permanent measure.

Space companies in other states have been able to stay open despite similar restrictions on nonessential businesses. In California, aerospace companies have continued operations even after “stay at home” directives because aerospace manufacturing is considered an essential industry by the federal government. ...
FULL STORY: https://spacenews.com/bigelow-aerospace-lays-off-entire-workforce/

This may or may not be a significant development. Bigelow Aerospace is laying off its entire workforce. The company's announcement ascribes "at least part" of the reason to coronavirus lockdown measures. However, Bigelow Aerospace declined to submit any proposal in response to NASA's latest relevant call for proposals, leaving the company in limbo with respect to its most obvious if not sole customer / sponsor.

Given the high incidence of conspiracy theorization associated with Bigelow's recent efforts and interests one would be forgiven for wondering if he (Bigelow) is cashing out and moving on. Other aerospace companies are continuing to operate as "essential", so it's not clear this shutdown is mandatory. Circumstances may be favorable to quietly abandoning Bigelow's aerospace work and aspirations.

FULL STORY: https://spacenews.com/bigelow-aerospace-lays-off-entire-workforce/

Almost certainly a way to ditch the business under the cover of bigger events. According to the site, there's not been a lot going on since 2017. Some press stuff from 2019 defending itself.

http://bigelowaerospace.com/pages/news/learnmore.php?story=charlie_bolden/

Skinwalker show is on History Channel....2 episodes in now...I have taped them going to watch them today....that will kill 2 hrs of isolation time.. ;)
Good interview by Dolan of Travis Taylor, PhD...lead scientist on the show, I like him..seems grounded. Says some strange things happened over the course of the time spent there and he is convinced there is something unusual about the area and though he has some theories he's not saying it's paranormal per se.

Skinwalker show is on History Channel....2 episodes in now...I have taped them going to watch them today....that will kill 2 hrs of isolation time.. ;)
Good interview by Dolan of Travis Taylor, PhD...lead scientist on the show, I like him..seems grounded. Says some strange things happened over the course of the time spent there and he is convinced there is something unusual about the area and though he has some theories he's not saying it's paranormal per se.
Starts in the UK in a fortnight.

Enjoyed the first 2 episodes.....the new guy Taylor is keeping the investigation grounded. He's open to things happening around him on the ranch but he's always looking for the data and science explanation when he can. I hope he maintains his balance through the series.

Here's Robert Shaeffer's take on the Skinwalker show.
https://badufos.blogspot.com/2020/04/microwaves-dead-cows-and-light-pillars.html

Speaking of Fugal's "experts," the one receiving top billing is Travis Taylor, PhD, billed as a "physicist" and "Astrophysicist." However, as Jason Colavito has noted,
We cut back to May 2019 to introduce our investigators, starting with Travis Taylor, who identifies himself as a scientist with decades of scientific and engineering experience. The show omits the fact that he is also a talking head from Ancient Aliens who has spouted inane drivel about aliens’ secret lunar colonies and other nonsense, or that is a former Curse of Oak Island guest looney who imagined the island to be a representation of the constellation Taurus.
and
My first impression after seeing this show is that Fugal is setting up an organization that is in many ways similar to Tom DeLonge's "To The Stars Academy": He gathers a team of supposed "experts" (who seem surprisingly unprepared to carry out serious investigations) to eagerly charge off and investigate supposed "mysteries." But nothing is ever really resolved. Fugal and DeLonge now have dueling "mystery" series on the "History" Channel. May the best man win.

The image included in that article (taken from the show) is self-evidently a light-pillar, a well-known natural phenomenon which the series 'scientists' should have identified easily.

S1E1LightPillar.jpg

The review by Jason Colavito, mentioned in that article, is even more damning.
http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/review-of-the-secret-of-skinwalker-ranch-s01e01
The supposed “mystery” of the 500-acre Skinwalker Ranch is entirely a modern creation, fabricated in the late twentieth century, and as a result, the stories told of the ranch’s supposed supernatural phenomena bear all the hallmarks of the era in which the myth formed—cattle mutilations, UFO sightings, poltergeists—rather than those popular before or after. There is something a little dated about probing “mysteries” that were au courant when the X-Files was still new, but that’s been the History Channel’s schtick for more than a decade now.
Perhaps in our current climate, throwing back thirty years to investigate the popular paranormal “mysteries” of the 1980s and 1990, like cattle mutilation, is TV comfort food. Maybe the sluggish pace of Prometheus Entertainment’s Oak Island clone helps to lull viewers into a cocoon of warm familiarity. Quite possibly, those watching a network whose average viewer is a white man around 60 years old like seeing (very) slightly younger white men pretending to take decisive action and pretending to master supernatural power. But what I see is a slow-paced effort to reproduce Curse of Oak Island by creating another impenetrable “mystery” that can be spun into a male-bonding pseudo-soap opera as tiny crumbs of information play out over endless episodes.

Back