• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
How big is that EMP?
Probably not enough to fry a robot, I suspect.

I ran into this tidbit of info yesterday. I haven't done any further research. Get busy...I only have so much time and energy.

I don't know, but it's interesting no? You're probably some loaded dude anyways so just go send the staff to collect a few hundred pounds/stones of the mercury, then have them go collect a couple large insulated containers of liquid nitrogen. Simple, just start with a bowl full and super-cool it, then wait for it to defrost. Keep repeating until the lights in the neighborhood go out. Personally I'd stop once the fridge stops running, but this is for science right?

Nope. Not loaded. The investigation ends here, then.
Ho hum.

OK, but you get the gist. I'm going to have to look into this more myself.
There's eagles currently that have been trained to bring down drones .. I find that comforting .. my money's on the eagles, armed drone or not, every time the eagle's going to win.

There's eagles currently that have been trained to bring down drones .. I find that comforting .. my money's on the eagles, armed drone or not, every time the eagle's going to win.
Some birds (and humans) have been mangled a bit by the rotating blades. Quite bad injuries, too.

A robot snake climbing a tree, this link's 7 years old so apologies if it's been posted before, I've just found it ..

Y2nMzvob

Full cartoon at: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...en-collins-on-robots-cartoon?CMP=share_btn_tw

Sexbots could have drawbacks. You might get more than a petite mort.

Your future sex robot could be hacked and programmed to murder you
September 11th, 2017 at 5:31 PM

It’s the year 2097. There you are enjoying the 84th season of House of Cards on your Wi-Fi enabled neural implant when your significant other walks into the room. Sure, she isn’t human, but she sure looks like it, and she has that look in her eye that tells you that she wants to get a little freaky. You float to the bedroom on your hoverboard and are beginning to disrobe when — BOOM — she strangles you to death with her cold robot hands. Your sex robot was hacked and now you’re dead. Welcome to the future.

There’s been a lot of talk recently about the dangers of AI, with folks like Elon Musk sounding the alarm and suggesting the very real possibility that we may be on the brink of engineering our own demise. Cybersecurity guru Dr. Nick Patterson of Deakin University in Australia has now jumped into the conversation, warning that it isn’t just artificially intelligent military systems or infrastructure that could pose a threat, but sex robots as well.

Speaking with the Daily Star, Patterson notes that the potential for hackers to target robots designed for intimacy could put users at risk.

“Hackers can hack into a robot or a robotic device and have full control of the connections, arms, legs and other attached tools like in some cases knives or welding devices,” Patterson says. “Often these robots can be upwards of 200 pounds, and very strong. Once a robot is hacked, the hacker has full control and can issue instructions to the robot. The last thing you want is for a hacker to have control over one of these robots. Once hacked they could absolutely be used to perform physical actions for an advantageous scenario or to cause damage.” ...

http://bgr.com/2017/09/11/sex-robot-hack-security-cyborg/

I've heard so many of these 'X could be hacked to kill/maim/ruin you' stories. Too much paranoia!

Yeah but the hacked sexbot is the one we should all be worried about.

I feel technology has needlessly complicated masturbation. Why make it the be all and end all of your life that you* go to such ludicrous lengths for an orgasm?

*Not "you" in particular, NF!

I feel technology has needlessly complicated masturbation. Why make it the be all and end all of your life that you* go to such ludicrous lengths for an orgasm?
Isn't the alternative even more complicated? For men anyway.
Having to wine and dine, woo, dance around and huff and puff for a few moments of bliss. Barmy.

Isn't the alternative even more complicated? For men anyway.
Having to wine and dine, woo, dance around and huff and puff for a few moments of bliss. Barmy.

To be honest I prefer a nice chat to sex anyway.

How can I like that a million times?

Strewth!

A sex robot needs a little downtime after receiving a bit too much attention from randy “barbarians” at an Austrian electronics fair.

The ersatz lover — an interactive silicone doll named Samantha — was the star attraction at the Ars Electronica Festival in the city of Linz, where sex-crazed men mounted her and groped her bulbous breasts.

“She was heavily soiled,” Samantha’s developer Sergi Santos told the Daily Star.

“People can be bad. Because they did not understand the technology and did not have to pay for it, they treated the doll like barbarians,” said Santos, who runs Synthea Amatus, a company based in Barcelona.

Samantha has been sent back to Spain for repairs – and plenty of sanitizing.

Even though the robot’s body parts were badly damaged, the software still worked.

“Hi, I’m fine,” she told Santos after he asked her how she was doing after her ordeal. ...

http://nypost.com/2017/09/27/sex-robot-heavily-soiled-by-barbarians-at-tech-fair/

Last edited:
Saudi Arabia has just granted a robot, Sophia, citizenship .. it's also given her a synthetic 'attitude' .. I'm not convinced, when she can create her own dick and fart jokes, when she can cry and care about humans with passion? .. then I'll be impressed .. she's the best yet though .. not better than a bucket of water thrown over her ..

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/27/robot-becomes-first-in-the-world-to-be-given-citizenship-7031214/
Wow, that robot has more rights than the actual women...

I'm also not convinced that the Saudis, even if they have got bottomless resources, have managed to create an AI bot that can quickly pick up on sarcasm Blade Runner references .. and also smile at the appropriate put down moment .. that thing's being remotely controlled on some level ..

Robot animals - some interesting beasties but in their right mind wants a robotic tarantula - especially a room full of the buggers!

Back