• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
And some robots are already lashing out at people; For example:

10 Scariest A.I. Robot Moments

And some of the younger robot attackers are probably gaming addicts. playing some games where
a robot or robot army has to be beaten to win.

Then again maybe some are afraid of what is already happening........

KILLER ROBOTS ARE COMING: Google & Tesla Beg Awareness
I'm fond of this vid when someone decided to see what would happen if Will Smith tried to chat up Sophia

And some robots are already lashing out at people; For example:

10 Scariest A.I. Robot Moments

And some of the younger robot attackers are probably gaming addicts. playing some games where
a robot or robot army has to be beaten to win.

Then again maybe some are afraid of what is already happening........

KILLER ROBOTS ARE COMING: Google & Tesla Beg Awareness

The SJWs will take the side of the Robots.

The following is not only informative, speculative and interesting - but near the end mystical and postulates
some really interesting possibilities........

THE AI MIND IN THE CLOUD

HAS THE SINGULARITY ALREADY HAPPENED?
Sophia the AI Robot Says The Darndest Things! HAS THE SINGULARITY HAPPENED? Artificial Intelligence

"
“I believe that at the end of the century the use of words and general educated opinion will have altered so much that one will be able to speak of machines thinking without expecting to be contradicted.”
― Alan Turing, Computing machinery and intelligence

“People worry that computers will get too smart and take over the world, but the real problem is that they're too stupid and they've already taken over the world.”
― Pedro Domingos

Cassie the robot loves snow!

THIS IS NOT a story about how the polar vortex is bad—bad for the human body, bad for public transportation, bad for virtually everything in its path. This is a story about how one being among us is actually taking advantage of the historic cold snap: Cassie the bipedal robot. While humans suffer through the chill, this trunkless pair of ostrich-like legs is braving the frozen grounds of the University of Michigan, for the good of science.

“When we saw the announcement for the polar vortex, we started making plans to see how long we could operate in that kind of weather,” says roboticist Jessy Grizzle. “We were going to tie a scarf on her just so it looked cute, but we decided people would think that was keeping her warm and affecting the experiment, so we didn't.”

Scarves aside, this is vital research for a future in which robots tackle not just polar vortices but any number of other brutal environments. ...

https://www.wired.com/story/the-pun... NL 013119 (1)&utm_medium=email&utm_source=nl

I just had to prove to Twitter that I wasn't a Robot. Fooled them!

Anyway, in this case the doctor using the robot lacks human empathy.

A doctor in California told a patient he was going to die, using a robot with a video-link screen.

Ernest Quintana, 78, was at Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Fremont when a doctor - appearing on the robot's screen - informed him that he would die within a few days. A family friend wrote on social media that it was "not the way to show value and compassion to a patient".

The hospital says it "regrets falling short" of the family's expectations. Mr Quintana died the next day.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47510038?ocid=socialflow_twitter

I just had to prove to Twitter that I wasn't a Robot. Fooled them!

Anyway, in this case the doctor using the robot lacks human empathy.

A doctor in California told a patient he was going to die, using a robot with a video-link screen.

Ernest Quintana, 78, was at Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Fremont when a doctor - appearing on the robot's screen - informed him that he would die within a few days. A family friend wrote on social media that it was "not the way to show value and compassion to a patient".

The hospital says it "regrets falling short" of the family's expectations. Mr Quintana died the next day.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47510038?ocid=socialflow_twitter

Like so many stories today that are meant to trigger outrage (OUTRAGE! :willy:OUTRAGE!), there's more to the story, and it turns out the story is not really outrageous. Other reports are that this family had already had a face-to-face conversation with a real live doctor about their grandfather's imminent end-of-life. Just another bunch of self-absorbed drama queens craving attention. I despair.

Like so many stories today that are meant to trigger outrage (OUTRAGE! :willy:OUTRAGE!), there's more to the story, and it turns out the story is not really outrageous. Other reports are that this family had already had a face-to-face conversation with a real live doctor about their grandfather's imminent end-of-life. Just another bunch of self-absorbed drama queens craving attention. I despair.

That is all very well but what about Twitter thinking that I was a robot?

SEE THE ROBOT HEAD THAT MIGHT INTERVIEW YOU FOR YOUR NEXT JOB

tengai-robot-head-interview-next-job-1200x630.png

See whole article here:
https://futurism.com/the-byte/tengai-robot-head-job-interview

The trick here is to have a few robot jokes - If you can get the robot face to smile - Your hired !

Warehouse robots from Boston Dynamics and not wearing high vis jackets I see .. sack em!

Here's a bit more of that job interview robot being used for different social interactions

Last edited:
The robots will also use their death rays on apple scrumpers.

YOUR APPLES MAY SOON BE PICKED BY LASER-SHOOTING ROBOTS

A BOWL OF salad is a beautiful collection of human ingenuity. The lettuce requires its own specialized agricultural process, as do the tomatoes, as do the garbanzo beans. Then comes the simple act of pulling these ingredients out of the ground, a challenge our dextrous human hands complete with ease. As for robots? Not so much.

This is why roboticists are creating crop-specific machines to harvest fruits and veggies. There’s the robot that harvests lettuce with a knife made of water. Now comes the apple-picking robot, a metallic farmer that just graduated from R&D and won a job in a New Zealand orchard. Its deployment may be limited at the moment, sure, but it’s a glimpse at a future in which hyper-specialized robots help feed our growing species.
The robot (it’s thus far nameless, in case you were wondering), developed by a company called Abundant Robotics, navigates the rows between apple trees using lidar, which paints the world with lasers, and images the fruits with machine vision.

https://www.wired.com/story/apple-r... NL 032719 (1)&utm_medium=email&utm_source=nl

I see that those warehouse robots will apparently still need people around to put the labels on things and paint lines on the floor, oh and to use those pump-up pallet trucks to move the stuff around too.

Thankfully they haven't given them guns yet.
What's that?.....They HAVE?!
We are indeed doomed, lol.

Do you really want to be up to date on what's happening now?

First this published last year in Inventions World:

Notice the video said the robot is powered by a battery?

Most robots are still so powered - But the in crowd secret is a group of 'underground scientists'
working in the sex bot industry have almost perfected robots, both male and female, that are