• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
40% of people would have sex with a robot, study exclaims

"....let me suggest that perhaps one of the jobs that will be ascendant in the near future will be a sexbot maintenance engineer.
Those pleasure-giving robots will surely be too exhausted to fix themselves."

https://www.zdnet.com/article/40-of-people-would-have-sex-with-a-robot-study-exclaims/
In an age when we order hardware and look for compatible partners on the internet, this doesn't seem much of a stretch to believe.

Well, you'd hope it wouldn't be a stretch - could be painful.

It's going to happen and it will be the slow death of the human race.

"I'll be back........for a shag"

Yup, it's the sperminator, and he's not happy with you!

'Randy' sex robots 'could attack owners' who don't consent after advances in AI

dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/randy-sex-robots-could-attack-25042787

"I'll be back........for a shag"

Yup, it's the sperminator, and he's not happy with you!

'Randy' sex robots 'could attack owners' who don't consent after advances in AI

dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/randy-sex-robots-could-attack-25042787
Just a ridiculous idea.
It's the Daily Star, what else should we expect?

I admit they're not well known for their cutting-edge, insightful, investigative journalism.
I dont know what you mean

images (13).jpeg

It's creator taught it to speak and it's first words were "What am I? What sort of monster have you created?".

To be fair, it actually appears to be more intelligent than a lot of the kids at the school I used to work at.

So this thing can only blink and rolls around on wheels, is it like a pet Stephen Hawkings :p
(Too soon?)

Probably too late to get his name right, he'll be past caring.

Anyway, I wonder how many of these robot builders were fans of Toy Story? Specifically, the boy next door character?

Waitaminnit - why is Robbie the Robot saying "Danger Will Robinson"?! Wrong one!

Amazon announces Astro the home robot
Amazon said it was more than "Alexa with wheels" and had been programmed with a range of movements and expressions to give it personality.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58727057
Looks like a mobile printer.

It demonstrated asking Astro to "beatbox" - and the robot bopped its head and made expressions while playing hip-hop beats.
I feel like taking a lump hammer to it already.

I wouldn't let it in the bloody house, it would patrol out side :p
I'd have a T-1000 indoors for security and it could also be used as a coffee table, bookshelf, chair and all manner of domestic jobs when it wasn't keeping the place safe.

Back