• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ross Bay Cemetery, Victoria, BC

Dr. Porhoët

Devoted Cultist
Anyone read Michelle Remembers?
My wife and I are going to Victoria the weekend after next for her birthday, but I've convinced her to pay a quick visit to Ross Bay Cemetery with me while we are there.

Ross Bay Cemetery is where the author of Michelle Remembers claims to have witnessed horrendous satanic rituals. I'm reading the book at the moment, and while it has been discredited in a million different ways, I'm still pretty excited to visit the site of supposed satanic abuse.

Anyone else been or heard of this place? I'll post pictures after our visit!

Last edited by a moderator:
angel.jpg

This is the Pooley Angel of Ross Bay. It's also known as The Blue Angel. Apparently it started shedding tears every full moon after it was vandalized a few years back.

tree graVE.jpg

I thought this tree growing from a grave was pretty cool.

And this is from the book that made me want to pay a visit to Ross Bay.
mausoleum1.jpg

I also wrote a fairly lengthy blog post about the book that inspired my visit.

Last edited:
I am thinking of taking a trip over to the island this summer, there seems to be some decent fortean type stuff there. I seem to remember Victoria ranks high for UFO sightings, cryptids, and lots of haunted locations. Calgary tears down all our old buildings, not much here.

I love the Island. I'd really like to move there when I have kids. Absolutely beautiful, and Victoria is full of second hand bookshops.

I am thinking of taking a trip over to the island this summer, there seems to be some decent fortean type stuff there. I seem to remember Victoria ranks high for UFO sightings, cryptids, and lots of haunted locations. Calgary tears down all our old buildings, not much here.

While I totally agree that there aren't many good old spooky houses around here, there have been quite a few sasquatch sightings in Kananaskis and south of there. Plus Banff and Lake Louis both have their fair share of haunted hotels, etc.
(That reminds be of a really creepy picture that I will try to post of Lake Louis)

And there's Ogopogo in Kootenay Lake, (I think it's Kootenay?) And the Lost Lemon Mine in the Crowsnest.

So, while Cowtown is a bit of a ghost town (pun intended) for Fortean Stuff, the surrounding areas have some points of interest. :)

But I definitely don't blame you for wanting to go to the Island. I love the entire coast, and would happily visit anywhere, anytime, for any reason!!!

That hotel in Banff could be the set of a bunch of horror movies, I have never stayed there. My sasquatch sightings in K country have so far been zero, but the beer didn't help. All of BC/Alberta is probably an ancient Indian burial ground and if my horror movie education taught me anything......

Back