• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Rosslyn Chapel

TRIBUTES have been paid to a renowned Capital musician whose groundbreaking work helped unlock secret musical code hidden in the walls of Rosslyn Chapel. Tommy Mitchell passed away at the age of 85 after a year-long battle with bowel cancer less than four months after son Stuart also passed following a similar illness.

Stuart passed away in August at the age of 52 after a short fight with lung cancer.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman....decoded-rosslyn-chapel-musical-code-1-4841551

Scott Wolter is back, this time about the Sinclair journals. Jason Colavito writes:

I don’t want to beat a dead horse by continuing to examine the case of the so-called Sinclair journals, but I am rather perplexed by some of the claims that Scott Wolter is making for them, and I shudder with dread at the upcoming discussion of more Templar “secrets” Wolter promises for “the coming days.” On his blog, Wolter replied to questions from the regular reader of this blog who posts under the name “An Anonymous Nerd” with some baffling claims revolving around the question of the Templar interest in Jerusalem vs. their supposed centuries of secret missions to the middle of America:

Of course they went there for a reason, it is clearly stated in the journals which you obviously have not read yet. It is also obvious Earl Henry wrote his entries as it was his obligation that becomes apparent upon reading them. Fugitive Templars that survived after 1307 and fled to Scotland were protected by the dominant clans after serving in Bannockburn. However, since they had been outlawed the order began to evolve into something different. For example, celibacy demanded by the Church was no longer necessary and to continue they had to procreate. ...

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/m...us-freemasons-and-templar-worship-of-baphomet

Wolter is back again, this time hunting evidence of Templars in cave graffiti.

Two different correspondents reported to me recently that America Unearthed host Scott F. Wolter was in Scotland this past week filming a new episode of his onetime H2 series, which now airs in reruns on the Travel Channel. While no formal announcement has been made about where or when the new episodes will air, it’s unlikely that the show’s production company, Committee Films, would foot the bill without an agreement in place. I asked the Travel Channel for information about their plans for the series and about some of the controversies associated with its past episodes, but they did not respond to my emailed request for comment and did not return a voice mail left with their public relations coordinator.

Wolter and his crew were shooting at Well Cave in East Wemyss in Fife. The caves contain ancient carvings of Pictish origin dating back as far back as the Bronze Age. Wolter was filming in a location known for its extensive nineteenth century graffiti. Well Cave, which was thought to contains no Pictish carvings, had previously been featured in a 2004 episode of Time Team.

Among the hundreds of nineteenth century carvings in the cave, Wolter is particularly interested in a carving he told locals that he will link to the Knights Templar. The carving, showing a straight line crossed by three perpendicular lines beside a curved line all enclosed in a circle, cannot be absolutely dated. Local heritage experts who examined the carving in 2012 suggested it could be medieval in origin, perhaps from the twelfth century. Based on reports that Knights Templar had been in the area in the Middle Ages, one suggestion is that the carving was intended as Cross of Lorraine. However, there is no proof that the symbol was carved by the Templars. ...

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/s...ottish-cave-graffiti-for-planned-return-to-tv

The Edinburgh Skeptics Society are producing a daily sceptical fact of the day on Facebook. Today it is about Rosslyn Chapel. They set out some of the myths and stories and then cut through it all with an insight that has never been used before and will really stick it to the Da Vinci Code crowd “Of course all of this weird history is bunk”. Glad we have such intellects and powerful rhetorical scientific arguments being put forward!

The Edinburgh Skeptics Society are producing a daily sceptical fact of the day on Facebook. Today it is about Rosslyn Chapel. They set out some of the myths and stories and then cut through it all with an insight that has never been used before and will really stick it to the Da Vinci Code crowd “Of course all of this weird history is bunk”. Glad we have such intellects and powerful rhetorical scientific arguments being put forward!
So... they're starting with the position that anything they find will be complete tosh, even stuff that's true?

and then cut through it all with an insight that has never been used before and will really stick it to the Da Vinci Code crowd “Of course all of this weird history is bunk”. Glad we have such intellects and powerful rhetorical scientific arguments being put forward!

skewered!

I've visited twice over the years.
Both times it was shut. :doh:

Went there on our honeymoon in 2013.
Though under renovation, it was still a special experience.

Wikipedia on the Great Tapestry of Scotland - which ties together a lot of my interests and is well worth a look IMNSHO.

I am posting here because of the theft of part of it - and only part of it.

In 2015 the Rosslyn Chapel half-width panel was stolen from Kirkcaldy Museum and Art Gallery.

In 2017 the original stitchers and designer completed a replacement, almost but not quite the same as the original. Enough variation and changes to technique have been included to make sure that the two versions - original and replacement can be told apart.

The original hasn't been recovered, not have the culprits been found so that they can be stabbed with a thousand needles and have tourniquets put on their delicate bits using embroidery threads. Yes, I am volunteering to do this! :mad:

As this is the /only/ section of a huge piece which has been stolen I am wondering if some barmpot numpties, I mean seekers after truth and wisdom, thought that "secrets" were hidden or encoded in the original panel.

Furthermore, as there are now two versions, will the deliberate differences eventually fuel a "hidden in plain sight" legend?

Meanwhile, if anyone can shed light on the theft, Scotland wants it back!

By Margaret Ferguson Burns - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=44960899/w/index.php?curid=44960899">Link</a>

1556896995485.png

Wolter is back again, this time hunting evidence of Templars in cave graffiti.

Two different correspondents reported to me recently that America Unearthed host Scott F. Wolter was in Scotland this past week filming a new episode of his onetime H2 series, which now airs in reruns on the Travel Channel. While no formal announcement has been made about where or when the new episodes will air, it’s unlikely that the show’s production company, Committee Films, would foot the bill without an agreement in place. I asked the Travel Channel for information about their plans for the series and about some of the controversies associated with its past episodes, but they did not respond to my emailed request for comment and did not return a voice mail left with their public relations coordinator.

Wolter and his crew were shooting at Well Cave in East Wemyss in Fife. The caves contain ancient carvings of Pictish origin dating back as far back as the Bronze Age. Wolter was filming in a location known for its extensive nineteenth century graffiti. Well Cave, which was thought to contains no Pictish carvings, had previously been featured in a 2004 episode of Time Team.

Among the hundreds of nineteenth century carvings in the cave, Wolter is particularly interested in a carving he told locals that he will link to the Knights Templar. The carving, showing a straight line crossed by three perpendicular lines beside a curved line all enclosed in a circle, cannot be absolutely dated. Local heritage experts who examined the carving in 2012 suggested it could be medieval in origin, perhaps from the twelfth century. Based on reports that Knights Templar had been in the area in the Middle Ages, one suggestion is that the carving was intended as Cross of Lorraine. However, there is no proof that the symbol was carved by the Templars. ...

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/s...ottish-cave-graffiti-for-planned-return-to-tv

Scott Wolter returns yet again, this time informing us that he's a descendant of Jesus and Akhenaten.

I wonder how much of the time I spent watching Unexplored + Unexplained is just a complete waste since absolutely no one is watching it. According to the Nielsen ratings, just 348,000 people watched the Science Channel’s broadcast of the show’s search for the Ark of the Covenant on Sunday. Meanwhile, America Unearthed host Scott F. Wolter, whose show airs on Science’s corporate cousin the Travel Channel, appeared on the Earth Ancients podcast to promote his new book, Cryptic Code of the Templar in America. (My review: Part 1, Part 2). Honestly, it was more of the same. All his greatest hits were there—Templars, Holy Bloodline Da Vinci Code conspiracies (cited by name as Da Vinci Code ideas), the Kensington Rune Stone, and the Newport Tower. We’ve talked about all of them before, and there is nothing new to say there. Most of the interview was devoted to the imaginary “mysteries” of the Newport Tower, and the “pagan rituals” he pretends were performed there. Instead, I’d like to talk about some of the less repetitive parts of the interview.

First, the big news: Wolter claims to be a member of the Royal Family of Jesus and Mary Magdalene. He modestly says it is “not that big of a deal” because “millions” of people share the same heritage, but he also says that he has ties to the royalty of Scotland and to the heretic pharaoh Akhenaten—a claim that can only exist if you accept the bonkers idea promulgated among fringe types that Akhenaten was the founder of Jewish monotheism and/or was actually Moses. Finally, though, we have proof of what I have long suspected, that extremist views of history are highly personal.

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/i...r-claims-jesus-and-akhenaten-as-his-ancestors

Back