• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Rottweiler Fights Dog To Save Boy

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Makes a change from the bad press Rottweilers usually get. Although I do remember a case of a Rottweiler saving a child from drowning.

Rottweiler fights dog to save boy

A South African Rottweiler has helped rescue a two-year-old boy who was being mauled by a pit bull terrier.

The pit bull attacked Tshepang Taeli as he was walking with his grandmother in Oakdene, south of Johannesburg.

The dog was dragging the toddler down the road and would not let go, despite being kicked and beaten by residents.

One of the neighbours, Ricky Veludo, came to help and then went to fetch his dog, Blade. "He fought the other dog to free the child," he told a local paper.

"Blade is very protective," Mr Veludo told Die Beeld newspaper.

The boy was then rushed to hospital where he is recovering from bites to his face, legs and stomach.

"I have never felt so much pain in my life. The dog was attacking him and I was trying to release him and I could not," the boy's grandmother told The Star newspaper.

Police have opened an investigation into the attack.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7584063.stm

I have come in close contact with two rottweliers twice in my life. The first one was "Daisy" and she would love to play with my cat, leaving him covered in droll and really pissed, but letting himself being hugged and kissed. The other one is "Nena" (baby girl), a really nice and loving dog who liked to play with kids and be lovely, except when you happen to be a soccer ball. Those dogs are really nice when treated rigth.

Back