KeyserXSoze

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Wedding on April 6th, apparently.

*puts feather in tin foil hat*
*awaits invitation*

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4252795.stm
Prince Charles to marry Camilla

Prince Charles is set to marry his long-term partner Camilla Parker-Bowles, Clarence House says.
No wedding date has been confirmed at this stage, but reports have suggested 6 April is one possible date.

The Prince of Wales, who is the heir to the throne, was previously married to Princess Diana, who died in a car crash in Paris in 1997.

The couple, who had two sons - princes William and Harry - were divorced when Diana died.

elffriend

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Good luck to them I say. He should have married for love in the first place and not someone who 'fitted the bill'!!!!

We Love Di!

well lets hope she not a barking as the last one. Good luck to em.
How dare you sir! Do not besmirch the name of Fair Diana! I'll run your sidecar off the road! Charles was the only person ever to leave Cinderella for the Ugly Sister!

boynamedsue

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Constitutionally speaking the situation could get complex if she foals.

Heckler

The unspeakable mass
boynamedsue said:
Constitutionally speaking the situation could get complex if she foals.
I think at her advanced years she is closer to the knackers yard and the glue factory.

Stormkhan

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
They only married Charles to Diana for "fresh blood" in an increasingly shrinking and inbred royal and noble elite. He's wanted to marry Camilla from the start.
Frankly, it's about time he formalised the relationship.

Good luck to them - but forget the constitutional crisis of them having a child, what about the result? Have you no pity? A face like hers with his ears?

Heckler

The unspeakable mass
Stormkhan said:
They only married Charles to Diana for "fresh blood" in an increasingly shrinking and inbred royal and noble elite.
I thought that was why Diana had Harry by James "love rat" Hewitt?

A

Anonymous

Stormkhan said:

Good luck to them - but forget the constitutional crisis of them having a child, what about the result? Have you no pity? A face like hers with his ears?
Let's just say that the tampon days are probably over and well on the way to the times of Lady Tena. And, then draw a veil over the rest, shall we? :rofl:

Heckler

The unspeakable mass
AndroMan said:
And, then draw a veil over the rest, shall we? :rofl:
I would describe it less a veil and more a two-bagger, in case one bag comes off...... :D

Stormkhan

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Awwww. Have a bit of kindness. He's no oil painting himself. They're not exactly in the "first blush of youth" are they.
Anyway, his ears give her something to hold on to.
;)

A

Anonymous

Re: We Love Di!

Ramon Mercado said:
well lets hope she not a barking as the last one. Good luck to em.
How dare you sir! Do not besmirch the name of Fair Diana! I'll run your sidecar off the road! Charles was the only person ever to leave Cinderella for the Ugly Sister!

shes dynamite in the sack tho... looks only last for a short time but a goer can be such for ever.

Stormkhan

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
'Ere Jon - bit of respect, you! She's going to be your Duchess, she is. so she might have you flogged or summat for not being respectful.

A

Anonymous

Stormkhan said:
'Ere Jon - bit of respect, you! She's going to be your Duchess, she is. so she might have you flogged or summat for not being respectful.
:hmm: maybe she likes that.....

Mythago

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reminds me of a joke:

Charles and Camilla are driving around Balmoral one day when they have the misfortune to run over the Queen's favourtite corgi.
"Oh dear, what is one to do now?" exclaims Charles. "Mummy will be most frightfully upset."
All of a sudden there's a puff of smoke and a genie appears. "I am here to grant your most fervent wish" he says.
"One is most frightfully pleaesed to see you" says old jug ears "can you possibly make mummys corgi better, one appears to have run it over."
The genie gets down on his hands and knees and looks at the corgi, he winces and stands up carrying it's head.
"Sorry guv, too much of a mess, I mean there are limits to my powers you know, I mean look at it!" he says holding up the head, he flings it away. "Now is there anything else I can do for you instead."
Charlie thinks for a minute and says "perhaps you could make ones girlfriend ravishingly beautiful?"
The genie says "That's more like it, of course I can, where is she?"
Charles points to Camilla.
The genie scratches his chin and looks at her for a minute or two then says. "Hang on a minute, let me just have another look at that corgi..."

EggSucker

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)

[quote="sidecar_jon]

shes dynamite in the sack tho... [/quote]

And how would you know? Something you'd like to share with the group? ;)

James_H

And I like to roam the land
good for them, I really think he should be allowed to marry who he likes.

A

Anonymous

Jolly Jack said:
[quote="sidecar_jon]

shes dynamite in the sack tho...
And how would you know? Something you'd like to share with the group? ;)[/quote]

i think maybe Private eye said she did thing for charles that Diana wouldnt!... prity common knowledge that camilla goes like a train

lopaka

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Semi-serious question, here.

If *everyone* (present company excluded) was so freaked about having a celibate gay bishop in the C of E that the fellow never became a bishop, how the hell can the can the future "Defender of the Faith" commit adultery, divorce, then marry the woman he committed adultery with and still justify becoming head of the church? As far as we know, THE head of the church (y'know, The Big JC) didn't have anything to say about the former but plenty about the latter. (And it weren't too favorable).

I mean, I "know" the answer to this, I guess...but how is this playing out over there? Is it even an issue?

A

Anonymous

lop...seems about right... the heads of the church etc have never been held back by morals that are aplied to their congrigations in the past..

SoundDust

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
AndroMan said:
Just as long as we're not expected to celebrate their nuptials.
I think this time he should just go for the "registry office with bacon sarnies in the pub afterwards"-style marriage ceremony :yeay:

but of course, I expect we'll all have to celebrate this, or else ;) as long as we get a day off i don't really care

A

Anonymous

I think it's about bloody time he married the ugly bitch. It's been nothing but sheer hypocrisy for the last 30 years.

I don't think he should be King, though. At least the last member of the Royal Family to marry a divorcee had the decency to give up the Throne. And the last Royal to marry a Catholic had the decency to give up his succession.

And, I believe, the whole reason Charles couldn't marry Camila in the first place is she's a Catholic.

And I'm pretty sure it's an Act of Parliament that prevents a member of the Royal Family marrying a Catholic and retaining his Right of Accession.

Unless (the cynic in me wonders) they've deliberately waiting until they're both too old to whelp before getting married.

A

Anonymous

well the last one that abdicated was shuffled off for being rather too right wing even for the royals..... the whole abdication thing was trumpt up to get rid of the fearfull old nazie.

A

Anonymous

To be honest, I think he was calling our bluff. He didn't think the British Public would allow him to abdicate. Still, fair do, he did, and he stuck to it.

Only thing he ever did to be proud of, mind.

I would have a lot more respect for Charles if he married the cow and renounced the throne. (well, it would be difficult to have less respect for the git, to be honest.....)

I have no respect for Camilla, for putting up with the situation all these years; it would appear she has no respect for herself either.

I think the whole thing is an insult to our intelligence. After all, quite a lot of British History is based on Royals, Divorces, and Catholics.

But then, I notice no-one's mentioned Camilla Parker-Knowles being a Catholic (not that the Catholics would admit to it ;) )

I wish someone would. Maybe Paisley :D