Royal News

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
Of course, nobody else drinks like a fish. Only them.
Most people don't have access to the opulence they have. I like a drink but don't need 3 people to help me dress in the morning when I've got a hangover or have a Lord Chamberlain of the Offlicense to go and get my booze for me.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
Most people don't have access to the opulence they have. I like a drink but don't need 3 people to help me dress in the morning when I've got a hangover or have a Lord Chamberlain of the Offlicense to go and get my booze for me.
I'm betting you also don't engage in the constitutional process by going through Red Boxes and having private meetings with the leading politicans of the day while hungover or drunk. Or is that only the Prime Minister?

I know/suspect that many of the politicians are also on reality altering substances but the idea of these people ruling over us?

@Naughty_Felid I'd much rather it was YOU doing the constitutional stuff, hungover or not.

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Reaction score
Fair play.
If she is a dog-lover then she mayn't want to get a new pup - or whatever - knowing she'll outlive it. I'm no fan of the Royals but I assume there is a shred of humanity in the privileged old biddy.
It's not as if she can trust anyone, the Firm or their highly-paid not-civil-servants-but-titled-lackeys, to look after a dog.
I don't know about her but I'm a pet owner and have compassion. If I thought I was on my last legs, looking around at an absolute shower of nonsense, I wouldn't choose to get a new pet. Especially if I thought the media would be all over it as news!

Rushfan62

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I'm torn by disgust that they still command such wealth and power and admiration that they had the historical forsite to retain relevance

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I think they are just around due to inertia.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Just entered "royal" in my media player looking for a song with that word in the title, it brought up ten songs one of which was "Royal Rave Up" by Captain Sensible, which I've not listened to in years, the lyrics did have me doing a "WTF!?" when it started:

https://www.shazam.com/gb/track/11256843/royal-rave-up
Someone I used to know in Tamworth (Rick Quay, ex punk and leader of techno band Rhythm Damage) produced this with Altern8 .. he was inside out with excitement when we went round his flat and said he hadn't slept for 3 days because he'd done a load of speed so it was: "Listen to this! listen to this and tell me what you think!, I've done this with Altern8 and Piers Morgan wants to be in the video and they're going to get some tart to mime the vocals and I've been told if we get number 1 in the charts then we can hire a U Boat and take it down the Thames for promotion!!" ..

It didn't get to number one in the charts but I still like it, Rick Quay had the idea to sample the Princess Diana phone hack and turn it into a rave tune.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
As a major transition is inevitable in the next months or years, we can expect a great push of traditional, patriotic guff to ease it.

The heir 'imself does not seem to be much of a figure on social media. Correct me, if I am wrong - I don't go there!

Anyway, I am wondering how well the whole mug'n'tea towel business plays these days, irony apart? :thought:

Ogdred Weary

Noeth Ac Anoeth
Reaction score
As a major transition is inevitable in the next months or years, we can expect a great push of traditional, patriotic guff to ease it.

The heir 'imself does not seem to be much of a figure on social media. Correct me, if I am wrong - I don't go there!

Anyway, I am wondering how well the whole mug'n'tea towel business plays these days, irony apart? :thought:
I imagine international tourists love tat with the royals on looking at the amount of it hawked in Central London, I expect there's a small percentage of Brits who lap that up. Sales of that sort of thing will increase by 10,000% when Her Maj pops her clogs but I dare say will drop even beyond their current inertia under Charlie Boy.

To get people back into the royals one of them should marry Amanda Holden or someone like that, then they should go on Come Dine With Me or I'm a Celebrity.

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score

Better get used to banknotes and coins with King Charles III on them (that's if anyone is still using cash):

coin.JPG

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/king-charles-printed-new-british-21496338

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
He's so well known as Charles, that it would be rather odd if he opts for a different regal name.
There’s a bit of bad history to the name. George VI was actually Albert Frederick Arthur George and Charles is Charles Philip Arthur George so quite a few to choose from for his regnal name. George VI was known as Bertie before he became king.
It’s Charles choice.

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score
There’s a bit of bad history to the name. George VI was actually Albert Frederick Arthur George and Charles is Charles Philip Arthur George so quite a few to choose from for his regnal name. George VI was known as Bertie before he became king.
It’s Charles choice.
Perhaps one of his other names then?

King Phillip's a bit dull, but King Arthur ...?