• Server Outage Announcement

Hello, Everyone.
    We will be installing an update to XenForo (the forums software), and doing some server maintenance.
    Consequently, the forums will be unavailable from about 12 - 2 MDT / 2 - 4 EDT / 6 - 8 GMT on Sunday 9th May 2021.

Royal News

Ogdred Weary

Very Naughty Boy
Reaction score
There were points when I was fully expecting to see an interview with the bloke that runs his local Pizza delivery company and a discussion about what his favourite toppings were.
The Pizza Express manager only comments on matters relating to Prince Andrew thanks to his regular patronage.

charliebrown

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Prince Philip can not be buried until the queen dies.

He will be placed in the royal vault at Windsor waiting for the queen.

I guess this true ?

It seems there are other people in the vault waiting to be buried ?

charliebrown

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Well, Prince Philip will not be alone and with a lot of company.

It seems the royal crypt is connected to St.George’s Chapel at the Windsor Castle.

There are all kinds of royals waiting around from since 1813 that have never been buried or forgotten.

When the queen dies, then both will be buried in the royal gardens.

This is from U.S. news so I could be wrong ?

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

It seems the royal crypt is connected to St.George’s Chapel at the Windsor Castle.

There are all kinds of royals waiting around from since 1813 that have never been buried or forgotten.

The prince with be placed in the royal vault in St. Georges Chapel until the queen dies, they will then both be placed in King George VI chapel.

When the Queen dies, Philip will be transferred to the gothic church's King George VI memorial chapel to lie alongside his wife of 73 years.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...philip-buried-queen-dies-final-resting-place/

Last edited:

WeeScottishLassie

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

I think it's rather sweet that they will be buried together.

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
Reaction score
The prince with be placed in the royal vault in St. Georges Chapel until the queen dies, they will then both be placed in King George VI chapel.

When the Queen dies, Philip will be transferred to the gothic church's King George VI memorial chapel to lie alongside his wife of 73 years.
Thanks souleater.
Yes, nice of you to arrange that.

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Reaction score
Right.
Think on this.
Prince Philip has to wait to be interred. They're not leaving him, hanging around to smell a bit until QE pops her clogs.
Regardless of their personal relationship, it all goes back to that pain-in-the-ass ... tradition.
Regardless of his own abilities etc. he was the Queen Consort. An addition. Thus, there is a set series of conditions that will be met for a reigning monarch but not actually a monarch. There's a tranche of wealthy upper class blokes who are given an annual stipend to do all this crap.
If you think all the traditions, and 'technical' situations are being unearthed now, you wait 'til QE2 dies!
And as far as Prince Chuck is concerned?
It's not a feckin' talent contest, or a 'phone in for the public to choose who next wears the fancy jewel-encrusted hat!
It's Charles! Get over it!
You want a monarchy, where the pointless person sits on the throne just because they were born lucky? Fine. You got Prince Charles. Get over it! You can't pick and choose, deciding that "the people" prefer Saint Diana's children - or rather only one now, 'cause one of them pissed off the Royal Parasites.
I have a grudging respect for The Queen. I understand that she's going to be hurting, in genuine mourning, for a bloke who stuck with her and did "the right thing" by her. I never liked Prince Phil ... but that's by-the-by.
But this country is forced to accept that while it may have the longest-surviving monarchy in the world ... why? A combination of bleeding-gum refusal to accept change and the acceptance that while (technically) the Queen is in charge ... she's isn't. Really. No, get over it. Seriously.

charliebrown

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
The American press is noting that cousin Peter Phillips will stay between Harry and William.

Surely not Harry and William would try to argue at the funeral with the world watching ?

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Reaction score
I got to admit a sneaking admiration for the Landrover. "No bloody glass 'n' brass horsedrawn thingie for me!"
I love the media obsession with seeking overt signs between the brothers of dissent. Like they haven't been in communication with each other and putting any argument to one side - either out of respect or not to give the press anything to chew on; both good reasons in my mind.

I love how Uncle "randy" Andy has demanded his right to wear an Admirals uniform (an honourary rank, mind) at the funeral. Now, I know Phil was a serving officer, so a naval theme is expected. But doesn't this show Andy's stinking personality?
I mean ... Harry wanted to wear his honourary uniform of Captain General Royal Marines and this was nixed on the grounds that "well, you sodded off to America and you and your wife bad-mouthed us, so we took away your Royal duties, so ner!" while, on the other hand, Andy wants to wear his fancy-dress even after he "decided to take a semi-retirement from Royal duties" thanks to the Epstein scandal.

charliebrown

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
According to U.S. news, the Palace answered back why Peter Phillips was between Harry and William.

Peter is the oldest grandchild.

I do not know why, but the U.S. press will not let this go ?

Min Bannister

Possessed dog
Reaction score
The funeral was magnificent and very moving.
Surprisingly, Miss Yith was similarly rapt and recognised the chapel from our own visit there.
The Queen sitting with that huge hat covering her face. :tears:

I was quite touched by how upbeat some of the music was
Something I've just found out - now that Philip has died, Charles is now the Duke of Edinburgh as well as being Prince of Wales.
Are you sure? I heard that Prince Edward would take over that title. He had already taken over some duties from Prince Philip.

Beresford

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score

Sgt Girth

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
A topless protester has been detained after running in front of a crowd near Windsor Castle following the minute’s silence for the Duke of Edinburgh.

The woman sprinted on to the road shouting “save the planet” after the crowd began clapping, following the silence.

She jumped onto a statue of Queen Victoria before police officers removed her from the scene on Castle Hill.

Images later showed the police retrieving the woman's clothes.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/topless-...2wboL6_P5DqCJ7flEanakyilSUQ2hMiL-6I2Z8sTZ4Lcv

Climate change nut or not, you have to give her some credit for making a protest seeing as she is obviously about 10 months pregnant!

WeeScottishLassie

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
A topless protester has been detained after running in front of a crowd near Windsor Castle following the minute’s silence for the Duke of Edinburgh.

The woman sprinted on to the road shouting “save the planet” after the crowd began clapping, following the silence.

She jumped onto a statue of Queen Victoria before police officers removed her from the scene on Castle Hill.

Images later showed the police retrieving the woman's clothes.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/topless-...2wboL6_P5DqCJ7flEanakyilSUQ2hMiL-6I2Z8sTZ4Lcv

Climate change nut or not, you have to give her some credit for making a protest seeing as she is obviously about 10 months pregnant!
I probably shouldn't laugh but oh dear :oops:

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Reaction score
Well, she may have the strength of her convictions - which is admirable - but I can't see her actions either a) having any impact or b) helping the climate change activists cause.
Like it or not, the Establishment must be persuaded to change and these shenanigans won't do this at all.

What is this: full-volume virtue signaling? Publicity stunt?

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score