Royal News

Austin Popper

Emperor of Antarctica
Reaction score
Colorado, where the gold is still elusive
Says it was taken at their home in Monticello by their friend and chef.
Assuming the chef did not take the photo with a potato, it has been through the mill at least once. Even if it was taken with a potato, it's been thoroughly thrashed.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
Didn't I read somewhere just a day or two ago that Andrew and Fergie are talking of getting back together?
Or was it another one of my cheese dreams?
You and me getting back together was one of your cheese dreams...
af1096a248c99333bab378ed2c79fdd5.jpg

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Do you want to know what was in Prince Philip’s will ?

You will have to wait 90 years before it is made public.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
AFAIK it became a 'standard' for Royal wills to be 'sealed' (ie - not available to anyone outside of the family) some hundred or so years ago, but previous to that it hadn't been something of any importance as society was different back then, people didn't pry into Royal affairs, them being held in much higher regards.
I believe the '90 years' is actually an increase on the length of time previously used as the 'standard' though, which I think used to be 50 years.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
'The check is in the mail' - someone once told me that was one of the three most common lies, along with 'I won't cum in your mouth!'

Can't remember the third even though I've probably heard it a hundred times. :chuckle:
The classic 3rd one is: "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you."
Actually, the third lie is "It was great for me, too"...

Trevp666

Reaction score
I wonder if he at least, left me a tenner?
Just exactly how many tenners has your continuous mention of same managed to garner for you?

Should I follow the same system by repeatedly mentioning my fifty pound note requirements?

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Just exactly how many tenners has your continuous mention of same managed to garner for you?

Should I follow the same system by repeatedly mentioning my fifty pound note requirements?
So far,- s*d all. PeteS did offer a few Florin, but I suspect with heavy interest- you know what these Northerners are like.

Trevp666

Reaction score
you know what these Northerners are like
Careful with inflammatory remarks like that, casually thrown around, or you'll get a baying mob armed with pitchforks demanding you be punished in some way!

(Warning: Lazy regional stereotype approaching)

You might only be able to placate them with some Kendall Mint Cake, a biscuit for their whippet, or bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale!

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Careful with inflammatory remarks like that, casually thrown around, or you'll get a baying mob armed with pitchforks demanding you be punished in some way!

You might only be able to placate them with some Kendall Mint Cake, a biscuit for their whippet, or bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale!

Don't forget the chip butties.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

I know how to placate people...
maxresdefault-3.jpg

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
A bit mean-spirited refusing Harry's request that a wreath be laid on his behalf at the Cenotaph.

Prince Harry will present awards to service members past and present in New York in a new U.S. military charm offensive on the eve of Veterans Day.

The Duke of Sussex will be the star guest at Intrepid Museum's inaugural Intrepid Valor Awards on Wednesday, November 10.

The 2021 Salute to Freedom Gala comes a day before Veterans Day in the U.S., known as Armistice Day in the U.K., and four days before the Royal Family will gather in London for Remembrance Sunday.

Harry was last year locked in a trans-Atlantic briefing war with the palace over commemorating the country's war dead.

The duke asked for a wreath to be laid on his behalf at The Cenotaph when Britain stopped to remember its fallen last November, but his request was declined on the basis he had quit royal duties.

https://www.newsweek.com/prince-har...ary-awards-wreath-palace-veterans-day-1633269

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
A bit mean-spirited refusing Harry's request that a wreath be laid on his behalf at the Cenotaph.

Prince Harry will present awards to service members past and present in New York in a new U.S. military charm offensive on the eve of Veterans Day.

The Duke of Sussex will be the star guest at Intrepid Museum's inaugural Intrepid Valor Awards on Wednesday, November 10.

The 2021 Salute to Freedom Gala comes a day before Veterans Day in the U.S., known as Armistice Day in the U.K., and four days before the Royal Family will gather in London for Remembrance Sunday.

Harry was last year locked in a trans-Atlantic briefing war with the palace over commemorating the country's war dead.

The duke asked for a wreath to be laid on his behalf at The Cenotaph when Britain stopped to remember its fallen last November, but his request was declined on the basis he had quit royal duties.

https://www.newsweek.com/prince-har...ary-awards-wreath-palace-veterans-day-1633269

He could lay/send a wreath in a private capacity.

This is literally what giving up royal duties means.

He made the decision.