Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
You and Yith- bloomin comedians.
Yes, yes we are...

200-3.gif

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Going to see it on Sunday, I'ee arranged a Meet Up. It looks interesting and I like Kristen Stewart.

Spencer: What might have happened at Christmas 1991 at Sandringham, obviously the dialogue and much of the action is imagined but it is informed by events in Dianna's (Kristen Stewart) life and later revelations. Di is under pressure, acting erratically, suffering from Bulimia, stress, depression. To make things worse she becomes aware that the pearl necklace Charles has bought for her is similar to the one he gave to Camilla Parker-Bowles. His philandering is becoming obvious to all. On top of that the paparazzi pursue her rather than Charles and Camilla. Di also has disturbing visions of Anne Boleyn, seeing herself as Boleyn and taking advice from her. Alienated from the adult royals she depends on her sons, especially William for support. She also turns to a maid, Maggie (Sally Hawkins) and the head chef Seán (Darren McGrady) for friendship and advice. Major Gregory (Timothy Spall) appears at first to be a glorified MC/Butler but plays a broader and more enigmatic role. The Queen (Stella Gonet) emerges quite well from this drama though Charles (Jack Farthing) comes across as an insipid Cad. Pheasants and a scarecrow provide apposite metaphors but the Boleyn scenes are a tad OTT imo. An intriguing tale of Dianna's rebellion against the restrictions of royal life and her quest for independence. Impressive performance by Stewart, Spall, Hawkins and McGrady. 8/10.

In cinemas.

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
is Ms. Markle (...) rapidly running out of friends?
For that to happen she would have needed to have had friends to start with.
What she has most likely got (had) is a lot of people pretending to be her friend.

Austin Popper

Emperor of Antarctica
Reaction score
Colorado, where the gold is still elusive
Seems like a good time for yall to just give up on the whole monarch concept.
I can see the value in leaving it with a reliable and long serving Queen. Avoiding the inevitable "King Chuck" parody of Steve Martin's King Tut record by Weird Al might just be just the incentive.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
We dont have trouble with kaiju.

They all get stepped on/eaten/hugged to death before they grow big enough to be trouble.

MorningAngel

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I'm not against change: all the new banknotes released in recent years have looked amazing, but our coins are now flimsy crap.
They might look good but they are awful. They stick together if your not careful, don’t flatten again once they’ve been bent making them likely to spring out of places and they claim they are more resilient but I managed to pull a £5 note apart while trying to straighten it.

MorningAngel

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Didn't I see somewhere that he was planning to use a different regnal name?
George VII or somesuch, Charles not being that lucky for English monarchs.
Charles I ok losing your head is not fun, but Charles II had a jolly good time as King. No official heirs but our Charles is ok on that front.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
They might look good but they are awful. They stick together if your not careful, don’t flatten again once they’ve been bent making them likely to spring out of places and they claim they are more resilient but I managed to pull a £5 note apart while trying to straighten it.

Ah, I haven't handled them.

That's a shame.

Tunn11

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Charles I ok losing your head is not fun, but Charles II had a jolly good time as King. No official heirs but our Charles is ok on that front.
Well we had great fires and a plague so seems appropriate :). I wonder whether Pepys ever found his cheese and wine?

Tunn11

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
True, as Kings go not bad. William may be a bit more unfortunate though........ ( I have to confess a sneaking admiration for Oliver Cromwell though as he banned Christmas; but that'd probably down to me being a miserable old git:omr:)

MorningAngel

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
If she's sprained her back she will be walking like an oak plank, -if at all.

And certainly not able to bend down to place a wreath.

I rather suspect she doesnt want to be seen like that.

Trevp666

Reaction score
Her Maj would not have been doing the wreath laying - Charlie does it on her behalf while she supervises operations from a balconied position.
Anyhoo, I have literally just had this conversation with my brother that this is exactly how our mum ended up carking it last year - once she reached her mid-eighties she started to get a series of health issues that became more and more frequent until it reached the point that she hadn't got over the last one when the next one came along, and ultimately she had too many health issues co-existing at the same time, and that was what finally done for her really, she was no longer able to summon up the wherewithal to fight off the next minor infection that came along.
It seems 'our Liz', at 95, appears to reaching that point in which it's one health issue after another.

Trevp666

Reaction score
However I doubt whether the scrappy would give you £250 for Her Maj (with or without an MOT)