Royal News

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Being an outsider, it seems the real question is how truthful is the TV show The Crown or is it all “ Hollywood “ ?

I am still puzzled why William and Harry don’t get along.

Their mother would come after them with a paddle from the grave if she knew what was going on.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Being an outsider, it seems the real question is how truthful is the TV show The Crown or is it all “ Hollywood “ ?

Their mother would come after them with a paddle from the grave if she knew what was going on.
People argue about how true it is but we'll never know. :)
Doesn't worry me. My interest lies in the way the big news stories of the time are portrayed.

As for William and Harry; my take on it is that William, as the heir, would have a lot to lose by turning his back on the monarchy.
Harry, being the spare, doesn't feel this pressure. He blames his mother's death on her position as the most famous woman in the world and has not forgiven anyone who had a part in it.

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Anything Royal always is always big news in the U.S. and sells a lot of magazines.

True, besides Harry telling the world about his mental problems, he has displayed a strong dislike for the gossip news media.

When I see Harry on TV , to me, he comes off as being a friendly “ good Joe “, like the type of guy you really want to be with.

Bad Bungle

Tutti but not Frutti.
Reaction score
He has worked hard doing what he does, lots of charity stuff and a genuine theatrical interest.

Yes the papers would have tried to make him a laughing stock, but a few well placed interviews would have endeared him people and done something to reduce the "Slightly stuffy" image the Royals had at that time.
Edward's greatest achievement was to bag Sophie Rhys-Jones, who is patron of 70 charities and organisations (including Childline) and undertakes over 200 engagements a year (Wiki). I like Sophie, her face isn't all shiney in photos.

sophie-wessex.jpg

Cloudbusting

I still dream of Orgonon
Reaction score
Edward's greatest achievement was to bag Sophie Rhys-Jones, who is patron of 70 charities and organisations (including Childline) and undertakes over 200 engagements a year (Wiki). I like Sophie, her face isn't all shiney in photos.

View attachment 48245

If the media is to be believed, apparently the Queen is very fond of her too.

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Prince Charles touring Jordan and Egypt tells the press his mother is doing OK.

Charles added it is a little harder at age 95 years.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Prince Charles touring Jordan and Egypt tells the press his mother is doing OK.

Charles added it is a little harder at age 95 years.
He then had to make it about himself by adding that it's hard at his age too. :rolleyes:

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Probably not so fond of the California wildfires when they happen though. Keeping their fingers crossed that they don't happen in their neighbourhood.

Sogna

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score

They seem to be fine until William had kids. They were always a unit, and then Harry was no longer the spare and no longer in the middle of things, The dynamics changed and he was sidelined.

I think Harry’s wife was disappointed as well, I think she didn’t realise that he was no longer going to be in the limelight. I wonder if it’s a deliberate policy to make Prince George visible but to keep the other kids in the background to avoid the same problem.

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Dr Jay Verma at Shakespeare Medical claims the published photo of the Queen meeting General Sir Nick Carter shows her hands purple.

The doctor says this shows deoxygenated blood or maybe Raynaud’s disease.

The Queen could have circulation problems.

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
Reaction score
Camilla disagrees i bet, she finds the guardsman behind the stables to be much harder then charlie, its an age thing.
They're ****ing guards at Buckingham Palace
******* went down with *******
******* is ****ing one of the guards
A soldier's **** is terribly hard
Says ******

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I came across this post of mine from 2003.
It's about St Baglan's Church where Lord Snowdon is buried.

I took my children there specifically to discuss the sea-ghosts legend and inspect the skull and crossbones gravestone.

There's a church which faces the sea near Caernarfon Castle in north Wales which has several interestingly Fortean features.

(Lord Snowdon's father is buried there. Plus the Welshman who invented the Welsh Rope Trick- 'Sir, would you please hold this end of the rope and I'll pop round the corner with the other end so we can do some measuring....... Ah, sir, would you be so kind as to hold the end of this rope for me? Thank you!' (runs off, leaving 2 strangers holding the ends of a rope in different streets, looking like idiots.) Didn't catch his name. But his mate who was visiting his grave told me that!)

The church has a gravestone on which is carved a very fine skull and crossbones, which we saw.

It is also the site of a spectacular alleged haunting. In years gone by, many ships were wrecked nearby and unidentified bodies would be buried in the churchyard.

Once a year, possibly Midsummer evening, the ghosts of these unclaimed shipwreck victims are reputed to walk from the churchyard and along the road to the shore, where they wade into the sea.

Plenty of people have claimed to witness this procession in broad daylight and sober. I'd love to see it myself.

Last edited:

Lobeydosser

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Dr Jay Verma at Shakespeare Medical claims the published photo of the Queen meeting General Sir Nick Carter shows her hands purple.

The doctor says this shows deoxygenated blood or maybe Raynaud’s disease.

The Queen could have circulation problems.
As it happens I have Raynauds - first ever time it was noticed I was coming of a night shift and the chap replacing me thought I had spilled ink on myself - I got the shock of my life, my hand was bright purple. Doc's seem to think it's related to the heightened Bilirubin in my system (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gilberts-syndrome/).
Other than showing up in blood tests anyone medical I've talked to seems to think it's fairly benign. I've always hoped it meant I would be immune to the zombie plague - perhaps it just means I should be in line for the throne ?

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
As it happens I have Raynauds - first ever time it was noticed I was coming of a night shift and the chap replacing me thought I had spilled ink on myself - I got the shock of my life, my hand was bright purple. Doc's seem to think it's related to the heightened Bilirubin in my system (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gilberts-syndrome/).
Other than showing up in blood tests anyone medical I've talked to seems to think it's fairly benign. I've always hoped it meant I would be immune to the zombie plague - perhaps it just means I should be in line for the throne ?
You'll end up looking like the guy on the left!

mighty-morphin-power-rangers-the-movie-2.jpg

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
They're ****ing guards at Buckingham Palace
******* went down with *******
******* is ****ing one of the guards
A soldier's **** is terribly hard
Says ******
In a pub when much younger I heard someone spontaneously sing
They're changing guards at Buckingham Palace
Christopher Robin went down on Alice

and everyone else laughed.
I had no idea what they meant. :dunno:

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
In a pub when much younger I heard someone spontaneously sing
They're changing guards at Buckingham Palace
Christopher Robin went down on Alice

and everyone else laughed.
I had no idea what they meant. :dunno:
On your wedding night, however...

b6759c83b89cec57a29b4c154a6f63e8.gif

Lobeydosser

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
You'll end up looking like the guy on the left!

View attachment 48373
My hand actually was that purple - maybe even a bit darker - very , very surreal and more than a little alarming. It's never been quite as bad since. I'm more likely to have pale white\blue hands and feet from lack of circulation - I think it's natures way of saying that if I wont hibernate I should at least stay in bed in the morning (employer won't have it though) :(

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
My hand actually was that purple - maybe even a bit darker - very , very surreal and more than a little alarming. It's never been quite as bad since. I'm more likely to have pale white\blue hands and feet from lack of circulation - I think it's natures way of saying that if I wont hibernate I should at least stay in bed in the morning (employer won't have it though) :(
The Raynaud's & Scleroderma Association used to send out knitting patterns for those fingerless gloves with a flap you can tuck over the open end. I have some, they're brilliant. :)

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
The Queen has indicated that she will be definitely at Sandringham for Christmas.