Royal News

Sid

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Yeah! Nuke the Mouse House!
That would Minnie-mise the Mouse House for sure!
1639737496144.png

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
The Queen cancels the traditional Tuesday Family Lunch over covid.

The Queen now turns her attention to Christmas at Sandringham.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
The Queen cancels the traditional Tuesday Family Lunch over covid.

The Queen now turns her attention to Christmas at Sandringham.
But what will the Queen have for lunch?

images-26.jpeg

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I can't imagine that a swan would taste very good. Maybe greasy and fatty like a goose?

Bad Bungle

Tutti but not Frutti.
Reaction score
You are what you eat - if it's mainly weed and river mud then I've been told by people who have eaten swan that you have to remove the fat layer, else it tastes rancid.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Reaction score
You are what you eat - if it's mainly weed and river mud then I've been told by people who have eaten swan that you have to remove the fat layer, else it tastes rancid.

sounds a bit like pike. You have to keep that in clear water for a wee while but then it's fab!

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Reminds me of the story about the bloke who got prosecuted for killing and eating a swan, despite pleading that it was all a misunderstanding and he accidentally killed it but thought it best to take it home and cook it instead of just leaving it there, but to no avail, and after the judge had dealt with him and issued him with a fine, he then asked the chap "By the way, I was wondering, what did it taste like?"
And the bloke replied "Well....very much like Golden Eagle"

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Reminds me of the story about the bloke who got prosecuted for killing and eating a swan, despite pleading that it was all a misunderstanding and he accidentally killed it but thought it best to take it home and cook it instead of just leaving it there, but to no avail, and after the judge had dealt with him and issued him with a fine, he then asked the chap "By the way, I was wondering, what did it taste like?"
And the bloke replied "Well....very much like Golden Eagle"

l loved the apocryphal story concerning the US state of Washington’s survey of bird migration. They would ring birds, and ask for the public to contact them when those metal rings were found. The rings, being small, bore the abbreviation WASH. BIOL. SURV., and a unique reference number.

The story goes that they received a scrawled letter from [insert details of “deprived” area of the USA] which read as follows:

Deer Sur,

Tother day l shot won of yor crows, and folowed teh cooking instrucshuns on yor metal lable. Twas the wust thang i ever ate.

Cletus Smith

maximus otter

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
It has been reported that Prince Charles will spend Christmas with the Queen while Princess Anne’s husband has tested positive for covid.

William and Kate with stay at their country home at Sandringham for Christmas while rumors swirl that William and Kate will come to live at Windsor to help the Queen.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Some woman has been arrested for chasing Randy Andy's car and banging on the window.
How convenient that a photographer was nearby to cop some rather good shots. :chuckle:

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Being a Norfolk girl through and through, the Mrs has been collecting Royal memorabilia since she was a little girl. Being a Midlander with a big Sister, I've got a few patriotic bits and bobs somewhere and that's about it. I've just bought the Mrs this book, not this exact same one but an identical one except mine's/hers is in even better condition. Whoever owned it cherished it clearly, it's hard to believe the Mrs's is almost 70 years old (she doesn't know yet but it's a stocking filler under our tree :)) ..

Slightly different covers were made for different areas in Britain (hers is the Norfolk cover and states so inside), they were mass produced and given away in churches to celebrate our current Queen's coronation in '53. I'm looking forward to seeing if I can find out anything about the local young woman who wrote her name inside the Mrs's copy ..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393811428045?hash=item5bb0fd82cd:g:4D8AAOSwqx1hOcRN

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
American TV had parts of the Queen’s Christmas speech because she talked about her husband.

To me she looks a little on the thin side.