Royal News

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
In other Royal news, HRH Randy Andy is now successfully sweating. Copiously.
It's a miracle! He's cured!

All thanks to a timely bit of reading...

1624986221-41n-nbleizs-sx328-bo1-204-203-200-1624986213.jpg

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Kate Middleton is turning 40.

The news watchers who keep up with these things assume because of covid she will stay home with her family on her birthday.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
To be fair......It's quite unlikely anyway that she will 'go out, on the razz' with a bunch of her mates all in fancy dress as 'bondage playboy models' or similar, wearing large "I'm 40!" badges and holding large inflatable cocks, for a pub crawl around South Shields.
But I 'd like to see it.

Sid

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
To be fair......It's quite unlikely anyway that she will 'go out, on the razz' with a bunch of her mates all in fancy dress as 'bondage playboy models' or similar, wearing large "I'm 40!" badges and holding large inflatable cocks, for a pub crawl around South Shields.
But I 'd like to see it.
More like "anyone 4 T!"

Trevp666

Reaction score
AFAIK 'our Kath', although coming from a fairly well-to-do family before marrying into royalty, was a comparatively 'normal' person, so a visit to the local 'battle cruiser' would not be outside of her life experience, I'm sure.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
But I 'd like to see it.
Fergie on the other hand...

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Harry and Meghan have put their California home up for sell.

A few years back they paid 14.5 million, and now asking 29 million.

Royal watchers claim that Harry wants to move closer to Highgrove Garden, Tetbury, UK.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Harry and Meghan have put their California home up for sell.

A few years back they paid 14.5 million, and now asking 29 million.

Royal watchers claim that Harry wants to move closer to Highgrove Garden, Tetbury, UK.
Oh, they want to come back over here now?
Wonder why.

Trevp666

Reaction score
No, just closer.
So maybe a move from L.A. to Jackson Hole - they'd like it there.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
The non-sweating royal has sold his Swiss chalet after he finally coughed up to pay for it, having missed the final payment of £5m plus interest. He paid £18m for it (finally, anyway) but now needs the dosh to cover some costs relating to a legal case of some sort. I'm not sure what...

How the flip does a minor royal have that sort of money?

That's just one of the many reasons I'd have done with the royal family (not in the French way...) or scale them back to a much, much smaller European model. I resent every penny that goes on supporting them. Every cent. Every sou.

Yep, we even paid £368m for the recent revamp of Buckingham Palace. Considering the royal family was worth £65billion in 2017 according to Forbes, you'd have thought they could have stumped up the cash, perhaps by flogging some of the 10,000 artworks most of us will never be lucky enough to see.

I'm not exactly a royalist, in case you hadn't guessed...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/11/prince-andrew-sell-swiss-chalet

And relax. And relax...

Last edited:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
The non-sweating royal has sold his Swiss chalet after he finally coughed up to pay for it, having missed the final payment of £5m plus interest. He paid £18m for it (finally, anyway) but now needs the dosh to cover some costs relating to a legal case of some sort. I'm not sure what...

How the flip does a minor royal have that sort of money?

That's just one of the many reasons I'd have done with the royal family (not in the French way...) or scale them back to a much, much smaller European model. I resent every penny that goes on supporting them. Every cent. Every sous.

Yep, we even paid £368m for the recent revamp of Buckingham Palace. Considering the royal family was worth £65billion in 2017 according to Forbes, you'd have thought they could have stumped up the cash, perhaps by flogging some of the 10,000 artworks most of us will never be luckily enough to see.

I'm not exactly a royalist, in case you hadn't guessed...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/11/prince-andrew-sell-swiss-chalet

And relax. And relax...
Esteemed investigative journalist John Sweeney does a podcast about Ghislaine Maxwell et al and goes into some some detail, with the help of a financial expert, about the Yorks' monetary arrangements.

Seems Epstein baled out Fergie at some point, hence Andy's unnecessarily conspicuous visit to Epstein in New York and their well-photgraphed stroll in Central Park.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Didn't some Kazakh 'businessman' pay the non-sweaty one substantially more than the asking price for his former home? I should think it's easy to amass money with friends like that.
So we hear. That's a dangerous game to play.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Oh dear, Andy didn't get the result he wanted from the US courts - case not dismissed.

He may need to dip into his - admittedly large - wodge of cash! And he may be called to testify. My feeling is there will be a very hefty payment to keep a lid on things, but who knows?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-case-court-trial-testimony-what-happens-next
Yup, I reckon he'll pay her off handsomely rather than let it drag on. Michael Jackson did that to shut up some young men he abused as children. $200 million/£134 million went to about 20 victims.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
But theres lots who have done far worse and get completley away with it.

Why should he be victimised just because hes rich?

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

I don't think he's being victimised at all. In fact, just the opposite.

If he is guilty of the accusations levelled against him, if he weren't rich I think he might have actually been charged with some criminal offences years ago.

Endlessly Amazed

Endlessly, you know, amazed
Reaction score

I suspect you are making a distinction between specific justice and the general sum of justice aggregated for a society. If Andrew is tried and found guilty (or found not guilty), then that is specific justice to a specific individual. This specific justice relies on evidence and so on for the specific case.

If Andrew is found guilty, while others are not prosecuted or prosecuted and found not guilty, then your comment makes sense. The general sum of justice is not large if many perpetrators are not held accountable for their crimes.

Kondoru, I think that to let Andrew get off without a trial just because some others “have done far worse and get completely away with it” is very unjust. By this logic, everyone would get away with everything, because somewhere, someone has gotten away with something. Impossible to prove.

As for Andrew, I don’t have any idea if he is guilty or not. I do think he should stand trial for his alleged crimes. He seems to me to be a very unpleasant person. Fuck ‘im. I freely admit I have resentment against rich, entitled, unpleasant persons. Like him :)

Trevp666

Reaction score
It is a civil case now, not a criminal case, so Andrew has 3 options.
Ignore it.
Settle out of court.
Make a representation and fight the claim.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Exactly, no crime, just someone grubbing money.

There are lots of distasteful sorts in the world...yes.

But we shouldnt discriminate against the rich for being rich.

Ive heard too much of this talk recently...Does anyone even remember Communism?

And we shouldnt discriminate against someone for having a title. Old fashioned, yes maybe. Should we give up on old fashioned things in the name of modernity?

I agree that maybe the Royals should change...the continental ideas seem sensible enough.

But lets face it the Media (Heck, even the US media who should know better) seem to love them.