Royal News

Sabresonic

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
To be fair......It's quite unlikely anyway that she will 'go out, on the razz' with a bunch of her mates all in fancy dress as 'bondage playboy models' or similar, wearing large "I'm 40!" badges and holding large inflatable cocks, for a pub crawl around South Shields.
But I 'd like to see it.
South Shields just been there for McDonalds and a pint in The Wouldhave,

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Yup.

Should have sticked to folk old enough to marry.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Oh dear, Andy didn't get the result he wanted from the US courts - case not dismissed.

He may need to dip into his - admittedly large - wodge of cash! And he may be called to testify. My feeling is there will be a very hefty payment to keep a lid on things, but who knows?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-case-court-trial-testimony-what-happens-next
From what I’ve read, she’s said she doesn’t want an out of court settlement - she wants a trial. Whether he can be compelled to attend I have my doubts - we’re not going to extradite him are we?..

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I’ve read, she’s said she doesn’t want an out of court settlement - she wants a trial. Whether he can be compelled to attend I have my doubts - we’re not going to extradite him are we?..

She wants a career.

So she'll probably settle for a wodge in lieu of that.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
What is likely to happen if he does that?
Good question, to which the answer is that if Andy tries to make it go away by ignoring it this would constitute a 'default' and an automatic finding against him.

As Trev says,
It is a civil case now, not a criminal case, so Andrew has 3 options.
Ignore it.
Settle out of court.
Make a representation and fight the claim.

So apart from defaulting he can either defend himself in court or pay her off. It might be cheaper to cough up now.

Plus, as @blessmycottonsocks points out*, the Queen's Platinum Jubilee is coming up. It may be that now, as the case is going forward, the Queen's advisers are urging that getting it over with ASAP might prevent a judgment coinciding catastrophically with Mummy's big day.

All this trouble goes back to Epstein. He abused girls and trafficked them to powerful men. He took the photo of Andy and Giuffre together. Without that image her case would be a lot weaker.

The photo was probably meant to incriminate HRH because Maxwell's London house wasn't set up with CCTV as Epstein's various homes were. Andy can't claim it's forged because it was seized by the FBI in 2011 from Giuffre herself. Even someone as thick as he is knows better than to impugn the FBI.
Well, his handlers do. ;)

* with vulgar though understandable relish :chuckle:

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
What is likely to happen if he does that?
The civil case would proceed in the US with any adjudication on it being defaulted against him.
As it is a civil case it does not carry any prison sentence but is likely to result in an amount being awarded in damages.
Any financial penalty applied by the US court would be unenforceable on HRH unless/until he steps foot on US soil.
(That would include any US embassy or military base worldwide which are usually considered US soil).
As it is a civil case there would be no legal route to extradition of HRH other than a representation to the US government to pursue the UK government to act on their behalf, which is about as likely to happen as Elvis Presley landing a UFO on the Loch Ness Monsters head.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
... which is about as likely to happen as Elvis Presley landing a UFO on the Loch Ness Monsters head.

That may be less unlikely than you originally believed, if Elvis partakes of much more yeti yerba ...

Elvis-BF-LNM-UFO.jpg

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Elvis Presley landing a UFO on the Loch Ness Monsters head
*nods sagely* Yup, to be precise that's 14m/1, as offered by your local turf accountant William Hill.

Ashley Davies explained it in 2001 -
(Safe Guardian link)
A short guide to long odds

Just some of the things that are statistically more likely to happen to you than winning the lottery:

Becoming a professional football player.
Being killed in an accident involving your own fridge.
Being rushed to hospital after choking on a fish bone.
Dying in an airline accident.
Appearing on the Jerry Springer Show.
Impregnating a Spice Girl.
Seeing the people who together spend £4.98bn on lottery tickets and scratch cards realise it's a bit of a mug's game.

While that list is rather out of date, the principle remains: the chances of Elvis landing a UFO on the Loch Ness Monster's head are so small as to be unrealistic.
It is as precise and useful as measuring land in terms of the size of sports pitches or Wales though. We know exactly what it means. :chuckle:

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
So there are statistics for this rather odd event?

(How do they come up with them???)

skinny

Porpoise
Reaction score
Marduk and I have your back on that account, Scargy.

Trevp666

Reaction score
That's the difference between 'odds' and 'chance' though isn't it.
'Odds' is the expected probability either way of which of the possible outcomes. Usually a binary choice, either something happens or it doesn't, but weighted more towards whichever of the outcomes is most likely.
Whereas 'chance' is the possibility of a single event occurring. And 'odds' can be applied to the 'chance' of something happening.

So you could say that there isn't a chance of Elvis landing a UFO on the Loch Ness Monsters head, because we can't prove the existence of at least 1 of those, and possibly all 3, but disregarding that lack of proof, the 'odds' of it happening, even if all 3 were proved to be in existence are extremely remote (14m:1), probably as remote as any other 3 unlikely things, such as Amelia Earhardt landing a TR-3B in Atlantis.

Erinaceus

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score

Victory

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I suspect the title The Duke of York will be retired when Andrew dies.

Trevp666

Reaction score
Wasn't Randy Andy once titled "The Duke of Pork"?
Or was that just a newspaper headline?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I was laughing at Randy Andy. :chuckle:

Oooh, he's on again. :rofl:

Edit - this was supposed to go in a different thread but it also works here. :bthumbup:

Last edited: