Royal News

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Kate makes her own birthday cakes for her kids, and she made her 40th birthday cake herself.

According to the royal watchers, the Queen wants to celebrate William’s 40th birthday with her own birthday in summer.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
The lesson to learn here Charlie is don't ever ever f**k with The Queen of England .. she'll even kick her own son out. She's hardcore. :salute:
He'd always been her favourite too. The dim but beloved son for whom Mummy makes everything right. We all know the type.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Kate makes her own birthday cakes for her kids, and she made her 40th birthday cake herself.

According to the royal watchers, the Queen wants to celebrate William’s 40th birthday with her own birthday in summer.
I'm sure she does...

I know where the toenail is, in that last cake!.jpg

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
The Queen certainly IS hardcore. She might be a fragile little old lady now but at 18 during WW2 she joined up and served her country in the Auxiliary Territorial Service. This involved training as a mechanic and truck driver and she carried out full duties.
It all stayed with her and she could still diagnose and fix engine problems in later life.

Anyway... of all her children, Andrew is the only one who's actually gone to war for her. He served in combat in the Falklands as a helicopter pilot helping guard the Navy and participated in search and rescue operations.

To quote myself from last November -

Andrew helped save many British servicemen's lives in the Falklands, both in rescue and evacuation missions and actual combat.

If he hadn't shown himself up so badly he'd've been a hundred times more worthy of laying the Cenotaph wreath instead of the Queen than Charles.

I bet there were sailors whom HRH helped drag from a watery grave thinking this about Andrew yesterday.

So this scandal must be particularly galling for 'er Maj. Andrew has let everyone down and her most of all.
Having his honours withdrawn was probably nothing compared the personal bollocking she'll've delivered.

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score
The Queen certainly IS hardcore. She might be a fragile little old lady now but at 18 during WW2 she joined up and served her country in the Auxiliary Territorial Service. This involved training as a mechanic and truck driver and she carried out full duties.
It all stayed with her and she could still diagnose and fix engine problems in later life.

Anyway... of all her children, Andrew is the only one who's actually gone to war for her. He served in combat in the Falklands as a helicopter pilot helping guard the Navy and participated in search and rescue operations.

To quote myself from last November -

So this scandal must be particularly galling for 'er Maj. Andrew has let everyone down and her most of all.
Having his honours withdrawn was probably nothing compared the personal bollocking she'll've delivered.

Charles did command a ship during the Cod War with Iceland!
Surely that merits some sort of medal?

41intm4tQDL._AC_.jpg

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score
I know 'innocent until proved guilty' and all that. But if you come out with excuses like this then a) your solicitor is surely tearing out his hair and b) you are becoming a public laughing stock.

Prince Andrew claims Virginia Giuffre 'may suffer from false memories'​

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...stion-virginia-giuffres-husband-psychologist/

I wonder if he is sweating now?

Also, seriously, there is insanity in the family and he is beginning to sound deranged.

Tunn11

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I know 'innocent until proved guilty' and all that. But if you come out with excuses like this then a) your solicitor is surely tearing out his hair and b) you are becoming a public laughing stock.

Prince Andrew claims Virginia Giuffre 'may suffer from false memories'​

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...stion-virginia-giuffres-husband-psychologist/

I wonder if he is sweating now?

Also, seriously, there is insanity in the family and he is beginning to sound deranged.
There's always that hidden room at Glamis Castle....... Just an idea.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Anyway... of all her children, Andrew is the only one who's actually gone to war for her.
Yeah, we can't take that away from him to be fair, he did frontline it at the Falklands war to his credit. People (including me) are making nonce jokes about him, I just see him as a sad desperate mid life crisis case regarding this 17 (at the time) year old. He just forgot the 'when in Rome ..'/obey the local laws thing.

I was talking with the Mrs about him last night, she admits she used to think he was hot when she was 17 and she would have done him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Its all pretty lame and yes, I would have done him too.

(I have zero taste in men, but then men seem to stay away from me, thus proving they have some taste...)

I'm partially thinking HM is overreacting...but he does seem lame, and she needs to protect the reputation of the whole family.

Would that all matriarchs treat black sheep the same way.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score

Prince Andrew ‘shell-shocked’ as Queen strips him of titles and ‘fears financial ruin’

a source close to him has said.

The duke is understood to have no discernible income and will soon own no property once the sale of a £17 million chalet in the Swiss Alps goes through.

He is now said to be fearing ‘financial ruin’, as he faces a potential settlement of £10million with his accuser Virginia Giuffre and lawyers’ fees of at least £2million.
‘Now the bills are mounting up and the possibility of a settlement, or even worse a judgement against him, is being widely discussed; he fears complete financial ruin.

‘Andrew thought, indeed he was advised that this would all go away in time and neither has happened, leaving him facing an extraordinary uphill battle to even salvage any crumb of his reputation. There is a very real prospect of him being completely broke.’

However, despite being set adrift, sources have said the Queen would privately meet the cost of her son’s £300,000 annual security if he does end up broke.

Min Bannister

Possessed dog
Reaction score

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Yeah, we can't take that away from him to be fair, he did frontline it at the Falklands war to his credit. People (including me) are making nonce jokes about him, I just see him as a sad desperate mid life crisis case regarding this 17 (at the time) year old. He just forgot the 'when in Rome ..'/obey the local laws thing.

I was talking with the Mrs about him last night, she admits she used to think he was hot when she was 17 and she would have done him.
Can remember reading about him leaving the military around the time he was getting married and thinking he should have stayed in. He seemed unsuited to regular life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Isnt he pretty much of retirement age?

(If he has no money then how can he be sued?)

Victory

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I'd go with Prince Louis.
If the title is continued, then he'd be well in with a shout.

If Charles becomes Monarch, Harry would be the traditional choice, but I suspect he'd by skipped over and instead the George II and Queen Victoria precedent would be followed and it would go to the "second son of the eldest son" Prince Louis.

From Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_of_York

Duke of York is a title of nobility in the Peerage of the United Kingdom. Since the 15th century, it has, when granted, usually been given to the second son of English (later British) monarchs.

However, King George II and Queen Victoria granted the second sons of their eldest sons the titles Duke of York and Albany and Duke of York respectively.

Last edited: