• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Rude & Suggestive Place Names

stolen-road-signs-11.jpg

0401527323d955bd46a57d0544d78dfd.jpg

e5844e086814db0afb77653c9c65edce--funny-names-funny-signs.jpg

There's a Butt Road in West Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada. I haven't been able to find out how the name originated. It's wine producing country, so maybe . . . . . ?

These two guys visited a number of UK places that have naughty names and took photos at each site.
Rude Trip: Two Brothers Go On a Naughty Place Name Tour Across UK

Andy and Magnus Tait embarked on an epic “Rude Trip” of Britain, and over four days visited places across the country with rude and naughty names. Their 2,000-mile journey took them on a loop from Edinburgh down the west coast, along the south coast and back up the east coast of England. Here are the lads at all the funniest named places that they visited.

https://www.sadanduseless.com/rude-trip/

Well, the first one has been altered, I think by hand rather than Photoshop, as you can just see the left-hand part of the T's crossbar and the lower bar on the F is too high! Tuckahoe is in New York I'm guessing this gets done regularly to the sign. I'm guessing the latter involved computer manipulation, as it looks very neat.
Dont shoot the messenger :fire:

There are definitely many ruder ones out there, but 'Six Mile Bottom' (a hamlet near Cambridge) has just been on Escape to the Country. :p

Bog Stank

If you wander through Cumbernauld towards the glen you might come across the Bog Stank. No, it’s not a filthy midden. In fact it’s a beautiful little stream that emerges from a spring north of Eastfield. Stank comes from the old French word ‘estanc’ meaning pond or lake. The water creates pools as it winds slowly through the bogs and the glen.

Lots of Wallops near me in Hampshire, Nether Wallop, Over Wallop, Middle Wallop, Farleigh Wallop, Wallop Brook, a whole fist full of Wallops :p
Oh, is it Hampshire? I always assumed it was Wiltshire because of its proximity to Salisbury. My bad.

My ex-boyfriend was posted to Middle Wallop when he joined the Army fly boys.

Oh, is it Hampshire? I always assumed it was Wiltshire because of its proximity to Salisbury. My bad.

My ex-boyfriend was posted to Middle Wallop when he joined the Army fly boys.
Its pretty close to the Hants/Wilts border

Man City wanted to name a stand after a famous player. Colin Bell was refused as nobody wanted to sit in the Bell End.

Back