• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Russian Armored worm?

MercuryCrest

The Severed Head of a Great Old One.
Staff member
http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/ru-it/

From the site:

Could the following images be a clever hoax? A discarded body part? A species unknown to most? Or an unknown species?

What are your best guesses?

"Olesja encountered this on a meadow path near a pond in Bashkiria, Russia. It was about 5 cm long, and had no discernible eyes, legs, or head. It moved in a jerky, almost caterpillar-like motion. She thought it might be a severed lizard tail, but it stopped moving when she touched it, and it resumed moving in the same direction about a minute later. The underside is smoother and darker than the topside."

Images on the site.

It would be excellent indeed, if it were genuine. As it happens, there's not even the remotest mention of any analysis on the creature, let alone what she did after the encounter. Would you just take a couple of photographs? Hmmmm.

Interesting. Though my immediate thought would be an arthopod rather than a worm.

Indeed, I take things like this with a grain of salt, but I'm going to see where this goes.

If we didn't check on the veracity of these types of things, we'd have never discovered the okapi.

I guess that means they breathe through that tail, cool.

Xanatic_ said:
I guess that means they breathe through that tail, cool.

Indeed they do.

Incidentally, who the hell are these people on that Cryptomundo thread ('joe levit' and 'stingerbrg') arguing about what size they think the thing is because they've decided the piece of glass is a certain size?! For pity's sake. Do you think they imagine people take their animal identification skills seriously? I wouldn't trust them to tell me what size an inch was, even if they had a ruler to measure it. :p

Remember, guys on here gave us a rubber werewolf doll, a dead raoon and a monkey costume filled with animal guts.

IMG_20160716_145057.jpg
IMG_20160716_145028.jpg

I reckon someone had just watched Star Trek The Wrath of Khan, as that beastie is a dead ringer for the Ceti Eel.
Here is a juvenile one crawling into Checkov's ear:

3-ceti-eel.jpg Chekovs_ear-ceti_eel.jpg

I have seen this creature for real i created an account because i ran accross this post by accident i can upload images and i have the video of it moving i just need help because i do not know how to post a video
That is a weird thing!
StodOne, you can post a link to a video by clicking on the little filmstrip icon, and then pasting the link in the pop-up window. This should be a link to a compatible hosting site, such as Youtube.

StodOne, it is a strange looking thing. But as was pointed out earlier in this thread, it is a fly larvae.

Back