• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Sanctuary Church / Rod Of Iron Ministries (Moonies 2.0 With Guns)

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
If you could have brought together Vivian Stanshall and Hunter Thompson, then gotten them rip-roaring wasted out of their minds, I doubt they could have sketched out a sect as weird as this one. A son of the late Sun Myung Moon has founded a derivative sect called the Sanctuary Church - aka the Rod of Iron Ministries - which blends survivalism, extremist conspiracy theory, and guns prominently displayed during services.

SanctuaryChurch-A-1.jpg
Gun Church That Worships With AR-15s Bought a 40-Acre Compound in Texas for Its ‘Patriots’

A religious sect known for worshipping with AR-15s and its ... politics has purchased a sprawling, 40-acre compound in central Texas, which it hopes will offer a safe-haven for “patriots” from what they believe is an imminent war brought by the “deep state,” VICE News has learned.

The property, located in the small community of Thornton, 40 miles from Waco, was listed at just under $1 million. It’s been dubbed “Liberty Rock'' by its new owners, the Sanctuary Church aka Rod of Iron Ministries, led by Pastor Hyung Jin “Sean” Moon. Members of the congregation often refer to him as “King.” ...

While Moon’s congregation, estimated to number in the hundreds, is relatively fringe, it’s a direct descendant of the much larger Unification Church, founded by his father, Rev. Sun Myung Moon, a self-proclaimed messiah and accused cult leader whose adoring followers became known to outsiders as “Moonies.” ...

The younger Moon, who set up shop in 2017 in Newfoundland, Pennsylvania, follows the doctrine of his late father—with a twist. Moon says he was inspired by a biblical passage in the Book of Revelation that talked about Jesus using a “rod of iron” to protect himself and others. He concluded this was a reference to AR-15s, and integrated high-powered firearms into regular church services, including wedding ceremonies. He founded the church with the support of his brother, Kook-jin “Justin” Moon, the CEO of Kahr Arms, a gun manufacturing company headquartered nearby. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3d...-a-40-acre-compound-in-texas-for-its-patriots

Last edited:
If you could have brought together Vivian Stanshall and Hunter Thompson, then gotten them rip-roaring wasted out of their minds, I doubt they could have sketched out a sect as weird as this one. A son of the late Sun Myung Moon has founded a derivative sect called the Unification Church - aka the Rod of Iron Ministries - which blends survivalism, extremist conspiracy theory, and guns prominently displayed during services.

FULL STORY: https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3d...-a-40-acre-compound-in-texas-for-its-patriots
How long before the ATF go in 'Wacko' style on this compound? :(

Fetch the Holy Hand Grenade

"And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin. And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'

This organization - Rod of Iron Ministries - has now purchased a large tract of land in eastern Tennessee to serve as a key facility for their activities.
MAGA Gun Church That Worships With AR-15s Has Bought a Giant Mountain Property in Tennessee

Rod of Iron Ministries has been on a property-buying spree and says it plans to build a training center and spiritual retreat. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.vice.com/amp/en/article/4avkdw/rod-of-iron-ministries-purchases-property-in-tennessee

Personally I am concerned over the pink

They can’t even issue their celebrants with a consistent type of AR-15:

a) Her majesty in the foreground: Bull barrel; probable optic; backup iron sights (BUIS).

b) Princess “Doesn’t the priest look dreamy?”: M4 profile barrel; probable optic; BUIS

c) Santa with Tiara: M4 profile barrel; A2 iron sights

At least they’ve all removed their magazines and inserted breech flags.

maximus otter

Back