• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Sarah Jane Adventures - starts New Years Day

zarathustraspake

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Okay, it's a children's show, but I think I might watch it anyway.

You know, for her age, she's still quite hot. ;)

According to Radio Times It's a one off special -the series starts later in 2007 but yeah - She looks good as ever.

-

Did anyone here watch it? I totally forgot about it.

gncxx said:
Did anyone here watch it? I totally forgot about it.

Not sure I could sit through it all - too many meddling kids - but I saw some special effects - it did look like it had relatively high production values for a childrens afternoon programme.

-

My kids enjoyed it, but I recorded it on the computer and the audio has strayed by several seconds...

Looks good. Sarah Jane seems just a bit too wistful and dotty spinsterish. However, she ends the episode adopting a son.

This episode's plot may prompt feelings of deja vu.

I rather enjoyed it, it was much better than I expected it to be and certainly better than Torchwood! A bit mushy in places but hopefully they won't do too much of that.

I enjoyed it, my kids thought it was great so it worked out better than the time they stayed up late to watch that other Dr Who spin off, and yeah she's still quite hot, more 1850 than 1665.

Ravenstone said:
I forgot all about it. Is there going to be a repeat?

Probably a few hundred times. I imagine it will be on BBC3 a few times over the coming days.

Gordon
(f not drop me an email)

Torchwood is on BBC2 on Wednesday and on BBC3 every other night but I can't see a sign of a repeat of Sarah Jane.

Gordon

Quite fun, actually better than a lot of Torchwood episodes.

D'you think Samantha Bond's going to be a recurring villian?

gordonrutter said:
Torchwood is on BBC2 on Wednesday and on BBC3 every other night but I can't see a sign of a repeat of Sarah Jane.

Gordon

Thanks, Gordon. I'll keep checking.

Was a hoot! Poor K9.

Sarah Jane...ringading!

Pretty good, I thought. Thought that girl's parents must be wondering about her.

All those dungaree dresses and leggings. Her mum and dad will be thinking, "Hmmm, she's clearly going to turn out THAT way when she gets older."

Wasn't there a Futurama episode where pretty much the same happened? With a drink called Slurm?

Somehow I kept getting déjà-vus.

The series starts proper in a couple of hours...

The Sarah Jane Adventures
Mon 24 Sep, 5:00 pm - 5:25 pm 25mins

CBBC. 1/2. Revenge of the Slitheen: Sarah Jane, Maria, Luke and Clyde discover the monstrous Slitheen are hiding in a school.

Well those crappy Slitheen costumes must have cost the props Dept something - at least the cost of a sandwich - so they might as well use them again.

Rrose_Selavy said:
Well those crappy Slitheen costumes must have cost the props Dept something - at least the cost of a sandwich - so they might as well use them again.
Particularly since, in Who itself, most of the Slitheens' shots were CGI work. The difference was most noticable yesterday when the creatures were chasing the kids. And they seem to be a much more virulent green colour now! Who cares, though? It's a children's show, and I for one enjoyed it immensely.

I do kind of wonder, though, who this show's aimed at. Most kids, surely, will be watching Dr Who or Torchwood (the latter until they're old enough to know better, anyway!). I can't help thinking that most of Sarah Jane's viewers will be saddos like me who had a bit of a crush on Liz Sladen in the 1970s. I mean, for heaven's sake, she hasn't changed a bit! Mmm...

I believe the Slitheen are quite popular with younger kids and the show's aimed at the younger end of the audience.

Though I suspect there will be a lot of Dads watching who fancied Liz Sladen back in the 70s.

BlackRiverFalls said:
i was thinking that too... it's probably all the farting...

I didn't hear Elizabeth Sladen farting.

I didn't see the pilot, but this first episode was fine. A bit of fun, but no subsitute for the real thing and I wonder what they're trying to say about fat people? Will there be a token nice fatty later on in the series?

Hey, this was back today and it had a Sontaran in it, hooray. Just the one, though, because this is the cheapo version of DW. Seemed much the same as before, though.

Hey, seventies Doctor Who fans! According to the trailer for next week's episode, the Brigadier himself will be in it! Which will be completely lost on the kids watching, but the fans from way back will appreciate seeing him again. Next Monday, BBC2, 4.35pm.

gncxx said:
Hey, seventies Doctor Who fans! According to the trailer for next week's episode, the Brigadier himself will be in it! Which will be completely lost on the kids watching, but the fans from way back will appreciate seeing him again. Next Monday, BBC2, 4.35pm.
Just caught the latest episode on iPlayer. Is this show great fun, or what? Sarah Jane, now the Brigadier as well, a Sontaran... a thoroughly entertaining half-hour, and I'll be looking out for the next one eagerly.

I think they've struck a good balance with this show - even the stories with Russ Abbott and Bradley Walsh have been good!

Back