• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Satanic' murder thread

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
I'm not sure where to post this, so Mods please move if appropriate.

There was evidence of "devil worship and things of that nature" at the Reyes family home I guess Death Metal albums and black clothes would count as Satanic to fundamentalist cops and prosecutors. From the quotes in the story below they have already convicted the accused.

Two teenage boys charged in US 'satanic' ritual murder
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/26150547

Jose E Reyes, 17, is accused of the killing of Corriann Cervantes in Texas

Two teenage boys have been charged in the US with the sexual assault and ritual murder of a 15-year-old girl.

Jose E Reyes, 17, and a 16-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, are accused of the killing of Corriann Cervantes.

Prosecutors in Texas said the pair believed they were doing a deal with "the devil" when they killed the girl.

They are also accused of disfiguring the girl's body, including carving an upside down crucifix on her stomach.

Officials say that the boys lured Miss Cervantes to an empty apartment in Houston, Texas, on 5 February.

Apartment building Corriann Cervantes' body was found in an empty flat in a block in Houston

Harris County prosecutor John Jordan said the younger boy had heard Reyes say that he had sold his soul to the devil and the 16-year-old wanted to do the same.

He added: "The juvenile inquired... that if he committed a murder, would that basically initiate him into being able to sell his soul to the devil, of which Mr. Reyes said, 'Yes.'

"What happened in that vacant apartment was sadistic. What will eventually happen in the... courtroom will be justice".

Authorities are still trying to determine how Cervantes died, he said.

Police said the Miss Cervantes' body was discovered early Saturday when someone who lived in the block of flats noticed the door to the empty apartment was open.

'Devil worship'
Jose Reyes, who was arrested Sunday, made a brief court appearance on Tuesday. He is being held without bond in the Harris County Jail.

His lawyer, Jerald Graber, said he could not comment on the case because he had just been appointed by the court and knew few of the details related to the charges.

The 16-year-old boy is in being held in a juvenile detention facility.

Prosecutors say Jose Reyes' family first went to authorities after the 17-year-old made "some admissions" to them about what had happened.

"They did the right thing. Clearly they were offended by his conduct," Mr Jordan said.

There was evidence of "devil worship and things of that nature" at the Reyes family home, he added.

No decisions have been made by prosecutors on whether the 16-year-old will be tried as an adult.

Follow @BBCNewsbeat on Twitter

Edit to amend title.

Miranda Barbour claims satanic killing spree across US
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-26219461

Miranda Barbour is led out of the courthouse after her preliminary hearing in December

Lawyers for Miranda Barbour and her husband, have sought psychiatric evaluations of their clients

A Pennsylvania woman jointly charged with murder with her husband has claimed she has killed at least 22 other people.

Nineteen-year-old Miranda Barbour made the claims in an interview with a newspaper while in prison.

Miranda and Elytte Barbour are currently charged with killing Troy LaFerrara after meeting him online.

As well as admitting that murder, she also claimed a six-year killing spree around the US.

She claimed it was part of an involvement in a satanic cult, that began in Alaska when she was 13, before moving to North Carolina.

Elyette Barbour, 22, is taken into a courthouse, on 20 December 2013 in Sunbury
Police allege Elyette Barbour told them the couple wanted to kill together
Police say they are investigating the 19-year-old's claims and have contacted both the FBI and police forces in other states.

The couple, who married in North Carolina and moved to Pennsylvania about three weeks before the crime, are accused of murdering Mr LaFerrara after placing an ad in classifieds website Craigslist, offering companionship for money.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for both defendants.

Lawyers for Ms Barbour and her husband, 22-year-old Elytte Barbour, have sought psychiatric evaluations for their clients.

Police claim Mr Barbour told investigators they committed the crime because they wanted to kill someone together.

The couple reportedly told police that Miranda Barbour stabbed LaFerrara in the front seat of her car while her husband held a cord around his neck.

Claiming responsibility for the 22 additional deaths, Ms Barbour told Sunbury's The Daily Item that "I feel it is time to get all of this out. I don't care if people believe me. I just want to get it out."

She said she had no remorse and only killed "bad people," although she offered little detail on the murders she claimed to have participated in in Alaska, Texas, North Carolina and California.

Online records for the woman the newspaper identified as Barbour's mother, show her as having lived in both Alaska and North Carolina

‘Serial killer’ stopped counting at 22 victims
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/seri ... 59229.html

A woman arrested in Pennsylvania for murder claims she has killed more than 20 people in several US states.

By Peter Hayes, Washington
Miranda Barbour, 19, told the Daily Item in Sunbury, Pennsylvania, that she fatally stabbed her most recent victim, Troy LaFerrara, 42, in November.

She said she agreed to sex for $100 (€72) with her victim, whom she met online, then killed him with the help of her husband.

“I remember everything,” Barbour said. “It is like watching a movie.”

Barbour and her husband Elytte have been charged with murder and are being held in separate facilities.

She said it was just one of a string of murders she had committed over the years, from Alaska to Texas.

Asked how many deaths she may have been responsible for, she answered that she “stopped counting” at 22 victims, and the number could be much higher.

Barbour said she was introduced to murder at 13, after suffering sexual abuse as a child, by a man who had been a member of a Satanic cult in Alaska.

The police chief of Sunbury, Steve Mazzeo, said authorities are aware of her claims and are “working with law enforcement from various cities and towns”.

Prosecutors say the husband hid under a blanket in the back of the car when his wife picked up LaFerrara near Harrisburg, about 80km south of Sunbury.

Barbour said she would have let LaFerrara go but after telling him she was just 16, he wanted to proceed with the arrangement.

“If he would have said no, that he wasn’t going to go through with the arrangement, I would have let him go,” she told the newspaper.

On her signal, her husband of just three weeks strangled LaFerrara while his wife stabbed him about 20 times, police say.

I fear echoes of Henry Lee Lucas here. Like Lucas she is claiming X amount of victims but is hazy on details, opening the door to sheriffs with unsolved disappearences to show her photos and ask 'did you do this one' in return for priviledges or possibly a plea bargain.

Lucas in the end admitted to something like 300 victims, which is somewhat unlikely even for a prolific disorganised serial killer like him.

The stabbing wasn't fatal, and the "Satanic cult" are all in her mind - but I'll put this tragic story here anyway...

Woman Walks Up to TV News Crew, Admits to Repeatedly Stabbing Mother

A Knoxville, Tennessee news crew was covering the near-fatal stabbing of a 61-year-old woman at an apartment complex Tuesday morning when the victim's apparently disturbed daughter approached them and confessed to the crime, with the camera rolling.

The insane coverage of Katie Nichols' confession was captured by WVLT reporter Hilary Magacs and her crew; Magacs even called 911 to summon police, and the crew televised Nichols' subsequent arrest in real time.

It all started as Magacs interviewed a neighbor of the victim, who said without any doubt that Nichols, the woman's daughter, was the attacker:

"I almost kind of hope that she does come back through here so we can get the authorities to get her," she said.

Not five minutes later, it happened - Nichols walked up to our camera.

"The satanic cult in this city has been casting satanic spells on me for three, four days. I'm exhausted. I came home and found out my mom was the ringleader and was trying to kill my daughter," said Katie Nichols.

Nichols said she had to act because her mom was putting curses on them.

"I had to kill her -she was going to kill both of us. She was so powerful, I had no idea - I had no idea that my mother was that powerful," said Nichols.

Deputies said Nichols' mother was stabbed in the neck, chest and stomach - and was rushed to the hospital for surgery.

"When I left, she was still breathing. I stabbed her three times and she should have died. She was still breathing. I don't know what happened to her afterwards or where they took her, but she was the antichrist - she did not die," said Nichols.

Neighbors conveyed their thanks and relief to the TV crew, but Nichols remained adamant that she'd done the right thing in stabbing her mother: "She had symbolic representations of my death, my daughter's death, every nuclear explosion that was supposed to happen," Nichols said, her voice wavering. "That's not going to happen now. Because all of the satanic cult has been rounded up and killed now."
http://gawker.com/woman-walks-up-to-tv- ... 1527212551

Back