• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Satanism

Anton LaVey passed on in 1997, but he formed The Church of Satan, in case anyone is interested. He was a strange person with quite a bit of celebrity interest, lots of photos here:

Everything to know about Anton LaVey and the Church of Satan​

Formed by occultist Anton LaVey in 1966, The Church of Satan, or LaVeyan Satanism, was created not to worship Satan. Actually, LaVey didn’t believe he existed. But he uses his name to represent their values: rejecting the idea that religion is key to the world, and letting science and fact rule.

Over the years, the Church of Satan has broken off into over versions of Satanism, but the values, for the most part, remain the same. LaVey may have died in 1997, but his views live on, in the form of The Satanic Bible.

What The Satanic Bible believes in​

Published in 1969 and never going out of print, The Satanic Bible is the magnum opus of LaVey. Combining all of his teachings and putting them in one book, it preaches the values that have become the basis for every version of LaVeyan Satanism, especially the Church of Satan.

https://filmdaily.co/news/church-of-satan-anton-lavey/

Anton LaVey passed on in 1997, but he formed The Church of Satan, in case anyone is interested. He was a strange person with quite a bit of celebrity interest, lots of photos here:

Everything to know about Anton LaVey and the Church of Satan​

Formed by occultist Anton LaVey in 1966, The Church of Satan, or LaVeyan Satanism, was created not to worship Satan. Actually, LaVey didn’t believe he existed. But he uses his name to represent their values: rejecting the idea that religion is key to the world, and letting science and fact rule.

Over the years, the Church of Satan has broken off into over versions of Satanism, but the values, for the most part, remain the same. LaVey may have died in 1997, but his views live on, in the form of The Satanic Bible.

What The Satanic Bible believes in​

Published in 1969 and never going out of print, The Satanic Bible is the magnum opus of LaVey. Combining all of his teachings and putting them in one book, it preaches the values that have become the basis for every version of LaVeyan Satanism, especially the Church of Satan.

https://filmdaily.co/news/church-of-satan-anton-lavey/

I have a copy laying around somewhere. It does make for an interesting read.

Wow - Anton LaVey founded The Church of Satan in 1966, the film 'Rosemary's Baby' was a major hit in 1968, the Manson murders took place in 1969.
Seems like LaVey really started something, and I had no idea The Church of Satan was still in existence!

All the satanists I have known were self-proclaimed and had no formal affiliations with an organized church. Free-range satanists.

Most of them were harmless; most were young men who wanted to argue about religious philosophy. They would get together in a somewhat organized fashion and do volunteer work at the food bank, soup kitchen, cleaning hiking trails, etc. WTF.

All the satanists I have known were self-proclaimed and had no formal affiliations with an organized church. Free-range satanists.

Most of them were harmless; most were young men who wanted to argue about religious philosophy. They would get together in a somewhat organized fashion and do volunteer work at the food bank, soup kitchen, cleaning hiking trails, etc. WTF.
Odd, really. The very few 'satanists' I have met seemed to be good people.

In real life, the various Satanists I've met were rhe peaceful, philosophical sort. The Discordians I've met however were reprehensible and the most casually cruel grouping of humanity I've yet encountered.

Every time I watch 'Rosemary's Baby', my mind immediately goes back to the parties I used to go to in Greenwich Village in New York City. The old apartments are exactly like in the movie - high ceilings, but with old Gothic hanging lamps, Victorian trim around the doors and windows and along the walls, large rooms with fireplaces, tapestries hung on the walls, dark old wooden furniture, it all gave me the creeps.
I loved it!

That Time a Python Hunter Found a Satanic Ritual Site in the Florida Everglades

Mike Kimmel is known as the “Python Cowboy” for a reason. He puts food on the table by wrangling gargantuan invasive predatory critters every day. His expertise doesn’t stop with pythons, though: it includes iguanas, feral pigs, and the occasional problem alligator.

However, his strangest post of all is about the time he came across some peculiar litter around an infamous abandoned Aerojet rocket test facility one night in April of 2019. Kimmel has spent countless hours chasing invasives around this area of the Everglades, and he couldn’t help but investigate.

First, Kimmel says he spotted baby dolls that had their eyes gored out and inverted crosses ashed on their foreheads. Then it turned into Latin graffiti sprayed in red paint and a wooden cross stuck in a giant rock pile. The situation really devolved when he climbed up the rock pile and came across a small scarlet snake wrapped around the neck of a baby doll. The snake was still alive and bleeding from its anus.

ECCC660F-6E0F-4A44-AF10-B997D0E12EA1.png

“As I’m leaving that rock pile, there’s a huge spray-painted phrase on the asphalt, maybe 50 feet long, and it was later translated by an Instagram follower. In Latin it says ‘He’s watching, turn around, run, hide,’ or something like that,” Kimmel says.

He moved further into the main building of the complex. The more he investigated, the weirder it got.

“We found a 50-foot spray-painted Pentagram with a three-legged chair in the middle with a big bloodstain on it, like something was sacrificed there. On the walls there were Latin sayings with upside-down crosses. Further into the building, in another room, there was a little girl’s nightgown, and I’m sure it was red spray paint but it was made to look like it was bloody,” Kimmel recalls. “There were some phrases on the walls basically talking about ‘sacrificing a child to the devil,’ real sketchy stuff. In one of the rooms that I couldn’t gain access to, I could tell through a busted-out window that there was a sleeping bag in there with something stuffed inside and sayings everywhere, and that’s where the gown was.”

Eventually, Kimmel started researching the Aerojet facility. The man who built it was named Marvel “Jack” Whiteside Parsons, a CalTech rocket scientist and cofounder of Aerojet. He was a known Thelemite occultist, meaning he practiced the Thelema spiritual philosophy and new religion founded in the early 1900s. Thelema isn’t directly linked to Satanism, but Parsons was known to conduct rituals summoning Thelemic goddesses with Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard. He was removed from Aerojet and his other rocket science affiliations in the 1940s due to his deep involvement with Thelemite occultism (he ran the California branch from his home in Orange Grove, where he often hosted loud, crazy parties). He died at 37 during a mysterious explosion in his home laboratory that people close to him thought was related to a suicide or murder attempt. After taking all this into consideration, Kimmel isn’t shocked that this abandoned compound (which still houses a massive rocket in a 10-story hole in the ground) would host ritual activity, and he’s currently working on a Youtube video of the experience.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/conservation/satanic-ritual-site-in-everglades/

maximus otter

In real life, the various Satanists I've met were rhe peaceful, philosophical sort. The Discordians I've met however were reprehensible and the most casually cruel grouping of humanity I've yet encountered.

I knew one man who fit this definition; although he thought of himself as a chaos magician. What a fuck-up. Cruel, nasty, vindictive, argumentative, judgemental - unemployed and unemployable. He told me he forced himself to do cruel things to others in order to cure himself of the bourgeois notion of respect and kindness. He decided he was actually a female in a male body, so undertook all the modifications and medications to complete the transition - and then decided he was a male after all...

I don't know if he knew of Jack Parsons, but if he did, I suspect Parsons would have been a hero to him. The last I had heard of him, he had returned to Christianity, but was still nasty, manipulative, and unemployed. He lived off two ex-wives.

... The man who built it was named Marvel “Jack” Whiteside Parsons, a CalTech rocket scientist and cofounder of Aerojet. He was a known Thelemite occultist, meaning he practiced the Thelema spiritual philosophy and new religion founded in the early 1900s. Thelema isn’t directly linked to Satanism, but Parsons was known to conduct rituals summoning Thelemic goddesses with Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard. ...

For more on Parsons see:

John Whiteside Parsons (Jack Parsons) & The Babalon Working
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...rsons-jack-parsons-the-babalon-working.13006/

Back