• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Saudi Arabia

'75 mile city' plans scaled back

Original plan was to have enough built to house 1.5 million people by 2030, now scaled down to 300,000 in a 2.4 kilometre long stretch.

Mathematics is not my strongest suit, but...

2.4 km is about 1.5 miles.

I'm not accepting 'scaling back' as a description of a 98% reduction of length!

I told her it was 12 inches, but when we reached the hotel room I 'scaled back' my estimate to just shy of a quarter of an inch.

Mathematics is not my strongest suit, but...

2.4 km is about 1.5 miles.

I'm not accepting 'scaling back' as a description of a 98% reduction of length!

I told her it was 12 inches, but when we reached the hotel room I 'scaled back' my estimate to just shy of a quarter of an inch.
That’s just the forecast for part to be finished & ready to move into by 2030.

I don’t think even in their wildest dreams the full 75 miles was planned to be built by then.

What’s the betting 75 miles will never happen..

I don’t think even in their wildest dreams the full 75 miles was planned to be built by then.

Ah, I took my information from the quotation alone.

Always read the article, Yith...

Here's an interesting (and amusing) take on the city from a respected financier channel on You Tube:

You guessed correctly.

From the biggest structure ever built to history's most epic folly: Mohammed Bin Salman's $1.5tn futuristic megacity... will actually be more like Nottingham. As humiliated Saudi ruler is forced to downsize his dreams, TOM LEONARD looks at what went wrong​

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ty-desert-flying-cars-moon-hit-roadblock.html

Back