• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Sausage Christ

lordmongrove

Justified & Ancient
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...ping-jesus-for-sausage-roll-in-nativity-scene

Greggs the bakers has apologised for swapping Jesus for a sausage roll in a promotional image for its advent calendar.

It shows a nativity scene with three wise men gathered around a pastry instead of Christ.

Christian Twitter users said the advert was disrespectful to their religion.

"I'm glad Christians kicked off and Greggs apologised," wrote one Twitter user. "No other religion would stand for that nonsense."

Other people joined in calls for organisations to "respect all faiths equally".

Greggs has apologised for the image, saying it hadn't planned to upset anyone.

"We're really sorry to have caused any offence, this was never our intention," the firm said in a statement.

The image was issued to promote a £24 advent calendar which has vouchers to spend in its stores behind each door.

The UK Evangelical Alliance tell Newsbeat it is "not too outraged" about the Greggs nativity scene, but that it does raise issues of companies using the Bible story to sell products.

"Every year some company creates a Christmas controversy for commercial gain. It seems to get earlier each year," says Daniel Webster, spokesperson for the organisation.

He says Jesus is what should be the focus of Christmas celebrations, not advent calendars and marketing to sell sausage rolls.

"That's the scandal that should be talked about this Christmas, not processed outrage to sell processed food.

Susej ... someone else on the internet pointed it out .. Jesus spelled backwards sounds a bit like like sausage .. so Greggs are probably something to do with the Illuminati and Paul/Faul McCartney did the backwards recording stuff I reckon. Probably.

Susej ... someone else on the internet pointed it out .. Jesus spelled backwards sounds a bit like like sausage .. so Greggs are probably something to do with the Illuminati and Paul/Faul McCartney did the backwards recording stuff I reckon. Probably.

Pad that theory out a bit and you could have a bestseller on your hands

I thought it was going to be an artwork like the infamous 'Piss Christ' - but made out of pork products.

Hold on. The artist who created Piss Christ was called Serrano!

No, really - he was.

I thought it was going to be an artwork like the infamous 'Piss Christ' - but made out of pork products.

Hold on. The artist who created Piss Christ was called Serrano!

No, really - he was.
EXACTLY!! .. wake up sheeple !

You do know that the Porkocols of The Elders of Pie On is a fake though?

To be honest, though, Greggs sausage rolls probably are a sin against God - the 'meat' contained therein is like something you'd use to grout a bathroom tiled with pigs.

It should at the very least have been a steak slice.

If I remember rightly, one of the 'broadsheet' papers (I think the Times) did a roundup of Christmas sandwiches and snacks last week and - to my surprise - they really rated the Greggs Festive Bake. I've never eaten at Greggs in my life, though I may, perhaps after a Christmas glass of wine, give this a try (in disguise of course, I have my social standing to think of!!)... anybody tried one?

If I remember rightly, one of the 'broadsheet' papers (I think the Times) did a roundup of Christmas sandwiches and snacks last week and - to my surprise - they really rated the Greggs Festive Bake. I've never eaten at Greggs in my life, though I may, perhaps after a Christmas glass of wine, give this a try (in disguise of course, I have my social standing to think of!!)... anybody tried one?

Now we need a volunteer to try the ASDA Christmas pizza

Now we need a volunteer to try the ASDA Christmas pizza
I love pizza, I love a Christmas turkey meal, but a mash-up of the two doesn't appeal. Pizza, if you have meat on it, needs something salty/smoky like ham/speck/bacon/salami rather than turkey, which has a less powerful flavour. And I'm guessing that stuffing or cranberry sauce may be involved, which would also be every shade of wrong. Or perhaps it's sprouts, roast potato and gravy. Niiiice...!

I love pizza, I love a Christmas turkey meal, but a mash-up of the two doesn't appeal. Pizza, if you have meat on it, needs something salty/smoky like ham/speck/bacon/salami rather than turkey, which has a less powerful flavour. And I'm guessing that stuffing or cranberry sauce may be involved, which would also be every shade of wrong. Or perhaps it's sprouts, roast potato and gravy. Niiiice...!

It's described in all its glory here http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ws/asda-christmas-dinner-pizza-price-13903297

Sadly (or maybe not in this case) due to an allergy to tomatoes I won't be able to sample the delight of this culinary treat.

It's described in all its glory here http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ws/asda-christmas-dinner-pizza-price-13903297

Sadly (or maybe not in this case) due to an allergy to tomatoes I won't be able to sample the delight of this culinary treat.
That's so many shades of wrong but part of me (the part that's just finished two thirds a bottle of Soave) thinks that doesn't look so bad. Ditch the sprouts and replace with peppers and chili/tabasco sauce and it might - just might - be palatable after another load of wine. I'm reckoning a Greggs Festive Bake starter and the Asda Christmas pizza main course. Yum, yum!*
*Possibly. No guarantees

That's so many shades of wrong but part of me (the part that's just finished two thirds a bottle of Soave) thinks that doesn't look so bad. Ditch the sprouts and replace with peppers and chili/tabasco sauce and it might - just might - be palatable after another load of wine. I'm reckoning a Greggs Festive Bake starter and the Asda Christmas pizza main course. Yum, yum!*
*Possibly. No guarantees
we expect a full review.

To be honest, though, Greggs sausage rolls probably are a sin against God - the 'meat' contained therein is like something you'd use to grout a bathroom tiled with pigs.

I really like 'em to be honest. Greggs' salty pink slurry quickly satisfies between meals, and lacks the gristly bits found in those posh sausage rolls from Waitrose etc. with their nasty chunky textures.

But I only have maybe three or four per annum, and even then in secret. :oops:

Back