• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Sausage Christ

Following the controversy over the sausage roll ad, Greggs have announce they will drop the current promotion. However, a spokesperson has said they intend to resurrect it at Easter.

I wonder what they have planned for Ramadan.

I wonder what they have planned for Ramadan.
Empty Ramadan ramekins ?

ramekins.jpg

Just before tea I couldn't help thinking how wrong it is to use food as a way of blaspheming. My tea was very nice by the way, a lovely piece of halibut that was good enough for Jehovah.

Like the phrase 'processed outrage to sell processed food'
Wonder to what extent the 'nuttiness' of religious groups is manufactured enhanced or coaxed by secular interests simply to grab headlines?
Quite like Gregg's Cornish pasties, though don't think they're called that anymore. They're hot 'n greasy :)

I don't mind people having jokes at my God's expense. At least it means they still have some inkling of what God is about. It sometimes reminds me of kids making jokes about particularly feared teachers.

When I was a child our home nativity scene was made up of figures from two different sets that had been made to two different scales. It did look a bit odd -- the wise men were considerably larger than the camels -- but it held sentimental value for my mother so we kept it. I used to remove baby Jesus from the manger and put a donkey in it instead. Mother was not amused.

Like the phrase 'processed outrage to sell processed food'
Wonder to what extent the 'nuttiness' of religious groups is manufactured enhanced or coaxed by secular interests simply to grab headlines?
Quite like Gregg's Cornish pasties, though don't think they're called that anymore. They're hot 'n greasy :)

Me too.

You're right; they were obliged to rename them 'Beef and Vegetable pasties' a few years ago in line with EU regulations...

1oc7fd.jpg

...which is actually perfectly reasonable, as the use of mince, peas and carrots and the absence of swede makes them unarguably unCornish.

As the masterbakers' own website has it (Trigger Warning - grammar fans may not enjoy the following copy):

"Our beef and vegetable pasty is a thing of beauty.

Our take on this delicious West Country classic is packed with chunks of prime steak and mince* (sic) beef, with potato and onion. Plus, to give it our own touch we add carrots and peas. Controversial, we know. But we like a few colourful veggies in there. Then lightly seasoned and wrapped in delicious, golden puff pastry."

* I think they mean MINCED beef.

Jesus spelled backwards is susej.
Yes.

But would that make him the Son of Dog?

(ps We all must remember that he died for our sins*, in a totally-standard method of judicicial execution used by Imperial Rome upon many tens/hundreds of thousands of selected prisoners over centuries....not any unusual arrangement in the least, despite all attempts by the Christianity cult to make his death seem somehow unique.

*Yes, those sins. That he "died for". The ones that look very like standard extratemporal human behaviours. What is that actually all about, in all seriousness? This is the kind of question I ask Christianed people, especially when I'm eating sausage rolls.

They're always able to give me confident, clear, logical answers to such questions. Sorry, I actually meant to say "never", not 'always'.

Hopefully I'll be forgiven by him...you know, Him Upstairs (in the flat above).

Back