• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Scandinavian Ghost Rockets / Bombs (Sweden; 1946)

I seem to recall accounts of these happenings in Finland, so not just Sweden. Maybe it was all over Scandinavia?

Yes ... The 1946 Ghost Rocket sightings were reported from multiple Nordic countries surrounding the Baltic, most of which (or a least most of those widely mentioned) were from Sweden. It's common to find these incidents grouped under the label Swedish Ghost Rockets.

The monument I mentioned looks nothing like a rocket.

The monument I mentioned looks nothing like a rocket.

Right ... Here's one of the pictures of the monument posted to another thread:

index.php

Monuments Commemorating Fortean Phenomena & Incidents
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...memorating-fortean-phenomena-incidents.63715/

My money is on it being a military artefact such as a wing tank from an aircraft but would love to be proven wrong

The latest from the team:

This could either be the biggest breakthrough in Ufology ever, a military artefact or a lump of rock but I am quite excited to find out what might have been at the heart of the ghost rockets wave seventy years ago.

Latest on the ghost rocket retrieval project:

"Last year (June 2023), a team headed by Rune Røstad decided to try again, with modern technology, like sidescan sonar. They were able to locate an unknown object, and got a 3D-picture from the sonar data. This February 20th the team is back, the plan is to saw thru 65cm thick ice and send down divers with metal detectors, mud removers, etc. – to finally retrieve and identify the object (“Operation Arctic Seals”)."

https://mufon.com/2024/02/17/a-1947...al-attempt-code-named-operation-arctic-seals/

Latest from the ghost rocket retrieval:

Video: Norwegian Researchers Search Frozen Lake for UFO Spotted 77 Years Ago​

March 05, 2024

By Tim Binnall
Researchers in Norway are searching a frozen lake for an apocryphal UFO that was said to have plunged into the water 77 years ago. According to a local media report, the legendary sighting occurred in the village of Roros back in 1947 when the town's mayor reported seeing an unidentified object plummet from the sky into Lake Djupsjoen. "It looked like a rocket and it made a lot of noise," photographer Rue Rostad recalled of the puzzling incident, "it turned 180 degrees and landed in the lake." In the ensuing decades, attempts to locate the mysterious object have proven futile, however a new effort is currently underway after a sonar search of the site detected a rather intriguing anomaly.
Rostad, who is spearheading the endeavor, indicated that the oddity measures a whopping 46 feet long and around 10 feet wide. Although the sonar return, which can be seen in the video above, is undoubtedly tantalizing, divers deployed at the site have yet to locate the peculiar object. Be that as it may, Norwegian ufologist Arnulf Loken marveled that "it's really exciting. It is one of the largest UFO search operations in Norway's history." Time will tell whether or not the effort is successful, though the researcher offered something of a measured response to what the mysterious anomaly might be, musing that "I think it's something known, not something unknown from space. Something earthly, but who knows."

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/arti...rch-frozen-lake-for-ufo-spotted-77-years-ago/

Back