• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

School Ghost Picture

Yeah. Not convinced.
Sorry.

Yeah. Not convinced.
Sorry.

What a pointlesss post that is. The concept here is not to 'convince' you or anyone else for that matter. It's to discuss.

Dismissing stuff so easily is self aggrandising, (I know better than you etc) ignorant, and, as said, pointless. This is a discussion forum. Tell us why you are not convinced maybe?

*Rant over*

Did the guy who took the pics return and take some more? Because if I`d caught something like that I`d want to try and capture more - including new shots of that doorway.

Ultimately, I`m not convinced. If its a trick of the light someone could easily manipulate the image, even add features to make it look more like a figure.

I'm a firm believer in the existence of ghosts, but you do have to be careful these days with images posted online.

Did the guy who took the pics return and take some more? Because if I`d caught something like that I`d want to try and capture more - including new shots of that doorway.

No, read the comments on the youtube vid, apparently the school had long since been demolished by time this image was discovered.

What a pointlesss post that is. The concept here is not to 'convince' you or anyone else for that matter. It's to discuss.

Dismissing stuff so easily is self aggrandising, (I know better than you etc) ignorant, and, as said, pointless. This is a discussion forum. Tell us why you are not convinced maybe?

*Rant over*

WOAH..... the man said what he felt, don't see why that is pointless or self aggrandising. The forum is what people want it to be, whether you agree with what they say, or the way in which they say it. You might have started this thread, but I'm not sure that that means you can police it and only make people use it in the way you want.

On the close up it looks like there is the top of a child's head in front of the figure.

Good image, and the point at the end of the video about a hoaxer's motive is valid - but it would be unwise to rule out the idea that someone had put the picture out there as a fake just waiting for someone to spot it but knowing they may likely never see it. I did this myself on one family holiday where we stayed somewhere that had a weird vibe to it. While taking some photos of the apartment we were staying in I set up some items to look like a hooded figure reflected in the corner of a mirror. When we looked at the photos nobody spotted it and in the end I had to point it out, but that is not to say others wouldn't be happy to wait it out.

For me it looks too perfect an image. It could be a simulacra but it really does look very much like an olden days gentleman. Leads me to believe it is a Photoshop job, reminds me of those ghost image apps on smart phones but obviously before the era of smart phones.

Unconvinced it is genuine but willing to remain open minded.

EDIT: Having zoomed right in on a crop of the 'ghost' the girl I saw is formed by the leaves from the bush in the foreground.

Last edited:
WOAH..... the man said what he felt, don't see why that is pointless or self aggrandising.

I stand by my gripe. There's an old addage - if you have nothing to say, say nothing. Best policy for sure.

The video is quite good, and an interesting view of a derelict place. The ghost itself shows clearly, especially when you view in full screen mode.

But the addition of the music does make rather a production of it, and the lack of specific information, like the name of the school, makes me feel that the video makers are not being entirely open with us.

Although it is a video presentation, the original pictures were ordinary photos, which may, I suppose, still exist somewhere. I'd like to see that version of the ghost pic!

Define irony.
The video is quite good, and an interesting view of a derelict place. The ghost itself shows clearly, especially when you view in full screen mode.

But the addition of the music does make rather a production of it, and the lack of specific information, like the name of the school, makes me feel that the video makers are not being entirely open with us.

Although it is a video presentation, the original pictures were ordinary photos, which may, I suppose, still exist somewhere. I'd like to see that version of the ghost pic!

Agree, I' d also be interested in viewing the original pics.

One more thing that makes me doubt the honesty of the video producers is that they present two other 'odd' photos, and claim that one is down to camera shake, and the other (with orbs!) is down to dust. To my mind, this is trying to convince the viewer that the producers are fully sceptical, so that when they hit you with the pic of Mr. Chips you're more likely to believe it real. (I use that name because of a suspicion that computer chips were involved in his creation!)

But funnily enough, although I'm happy to go with the 'Orbs/dust' theory, I don't think the other picture is camera shake! Shake should affect the whole photo, not just the more distant parts of the scene. If anything, that pic is more paranormal than Mr. Chips! I think the producers over-reached themselves in presenting their sceptical credentials.

Anyway, more chip action - I've photographed the ghost off my computer screen with my digital camera, and later I'll process and analyse the image again, to see if there's anything I missed first time round. :D

Might have been created by one of those Ghost in photos apps on smart phones.

Might have been created by one of those Ghost in photos apps on smart phones.
Were they around in 2004?

My attempt at re-analysing the photo didn't get far - my reflection in the computer screen messed up the pic! (And my screen shot widget doesn't work.)

Were they around in 2004?

My attempt at re-analysing the photo didn't get far - my reflection in the computer screen messed up the pic! (And my screen shot widget doesn't work.)

There were around 2004 also, on Symbian phones I think. Neither iPhone or Android existed at the time.

I have searched for a similar ghost on Google, but haven't found anything yet.

<snip>Good image, and the point at the end of the video about a hoaxer's motive is valid </snip>
Except, is there anything other than the testimony in the presentation itself that supports the idea this image had existed for a long time before the video was uploaded to YouTube?

The link was corrupt - didn't work very well anyway.

Try this:

Bn7o0Bn.jpg
It's getting late - in fact I've just realised I've missed Hignfy! :mad:

I may play with the image again tomorrow.

*Rant over*
Sorry, I posted in such a terse manner because I was about to go out. Didn't have time to write a ream.
No need for you to take offence - I'm just a random guy at the other end of the Internet connection.

It's not a very big photo, so it's not very clear. Also, it is a still image. The Youtube video did not show the 'ghost' moving - so a still picture is very easy to fake up.
The school didn't look all that old, yet the apparition looks 1950s. It also looks bleached of colour, like a black and white photo. I'm not saying it is faked, but anybody could have cut and pasted a black and white image into the colour picture if they had the skills to do so.
If it had been a moving image, I'd have been more cautious in the forming of my opinions.

The building with the ghost looks like a pretty new edition to the school, looks a lot like a sports hall that was built in the very early 80's in a nearby school to ours when I was growing up.

The guy looks like he's wearing Edwardianish clothes so seems a little out of place as does his size and shape.

To locate the area is it possible to get info from the white sign on the wall?

To locate the area is it possible to get info from the white sign on the wall?
No. it's illegible. It seems that that picture has been cropped from a pic which showed the whole of that side of the building, so it wouldn't capture the finer detail. Maybe Mr. Chips somehow 'fitted' better in that view...

But in my experience of schools, the notice probably said something boring like,

"No skateboards, ballgames, or sexual intercourse allowed in the playground.
Please go behind the bike shed." o_O

I'm baffled. Is the ghost the thing that kinda looks like an old Commodore 64 sprite, with a bent right arm?

Back