• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Schumann Resonance (Organisms & Earth In Electrical Frequency Synch)

The following excerpts are copied here to illustrate the Fortean connection of the Schumann frequency and the notion that we and all biological life are affected by the frequency of the earth's innate geomagnetic / electrical fields.

Saturday 8 November till 28th November +=Planet Earth will go through a Dimensional Shift.
This is caused by the EXCESSIVE TILT in the Earths axis plus EXTREAM FLUCTUATIONS on the Earths geomagnetic field.
The Earths GEOMAGNETIC FIELD AFFECTS THE MENTAL STATE OF EVERY HUMAN BEING on the planet. ...

... The Geomagnetic Field on the other hand KEEPS THE HUMAN RACE IN state of ,how chall i put it--SANITY.
At the moment the Geomagnetic Field is under great stress and so is the human race.
Stress can be both positive and negitive for the human race.
There is one other thing you might like to check out ... the Schumann Frequency. ...

Dimensional Shift Imminent; Risk of Mental Changes (Nov. 2003)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...minent-risk-of-mental-changes-nov-2003.11628/

Newly published research suggests that earth's organisms are tuned or synchronized to the frequencies of the planet's geomagnetic / electrical fields. In effect, we evolved so as to be synched to the lightning ...
The electric hum of life may have originated with primordial lightning

There's an electrical hum in most animals, including ourselves. No one knows where it came from or why exactly it exists. Now, new research suggests this electric hum came from primordial lightning.

In most vertebrates and invertebrates, there is constant background cellular electrical activity, often coursing through the nervous system, with a small frequency range from 5 to 45 Hertz — well below the range of human hearing for sound waves. A new study, published in the journal International Journal of Biometeorology, notes this extremely low frequency (ELF) range overlaps with natural vibrations in the atmosphere caused by lightning. ...

"About 20 years ago, we started to discover that many biological systems, from the simplest of organisms like zooplankton in the ocean to our brains, have electrical activity in exactly the same frequency range as that produced by global lightning activity," Colin Price, lead author on the new study and researcher at the Porter School of the Environment and Earth Sciences at Tel Aviv University in Israel, told Live Science. "We think that on evolutionary timescales, over billions of years, life-forms may have used what nature has given them and have somehow either synchronized to those frequencies or adapted to them."

Around the planet, flashes of lightning strike the ground 50 to 100 times per second. These strikes have been known since the 1960s to create extremely low frequency waves of electromagnetic energy that resonate around the planet's atmosphere t. Known as Schumann resonances, these ELF waves have encircled the planetor billions of years — ever since Earth has had an atmosphere. While the strongest resonance is at a frequency close to 8 Hz, several others occur between 3 and 60 Hz.Today, Schumann resonances can be measured anywhere on Earth that is electrically quiet, such as in a desert, far from electrical grids.

The new theory proposes primordial cells may have somehow synced their electric activity with these natural atmospheric resonances, particularly the peak resonance near 8 Hz. ...

Today, not all life vibrates at exactly the Schumann resonance. The researchers suggest that while early life was synced at around 8 Hz, the cellular activity in animals slowly drifted to other frequencies as the animals evolved, with different frequencies being used for different types of activity in the brain. For example, specific frequencies in human brain waves have been linked to specific mental states such as alertness, dreaming and deep sleep. The Schumann resonance is closest to frequencies found in humans' deep relaxed state, suggesting primordial life could have been in a state similar to deep relaxation. ...

The researchers are continuing to look at possible mechanisms as well as extending their work into the botany realm, looking for effects of these atmospheric resonances on photosynthesis.

"There's more and more evidence that there does appear to be links between these natural atmospheric frequencies and biological organisms," Price told Live Science. "But we don't understand it ⎯ what the connections are and how it's working, so it's just a start. We just published this to kind of put it out there. Hopefully others can advance it and go further on it."

FULL STORY: https://www.livescience.com/life-electrical-hum-from-lightning.html

Here are the bibliographic details and abstract for the newly published research paper.

Price, C., Williams, E., Elhalel, G. et al.
Natural ELF fields in the atmosphere and in living organisms
Int J Biometeorol (2020).
https://doi.org/10.1007/s00484-020-01864-6

Abstract
Most electrical activity in vertebrates and invertebrates occurs at extremely low frequencies (ELF), with characteristic maxima below 50 Hz. The origin of these frequency maxima is unknown and remains a mystery. We propose that over billions of years during the evolutionary history of living organisms on Earth, the natural electromagnetic resonant frequencies in the atmosphere, continuously generated by global lightning activity, provided the background electric fields for the development of cellular electrical activity. In some animals, the electrical spectrum is difficult to differentiate from the natural background atmospheric electric field produced by lightning. In this paper, we present evidence for the link between the natural ELF fields and those found in many living organisms, including humans.

SOURCE: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00484-020-01864-6#citeas

I am very (very) skeptical about the genuine capabilities of this company's advertised Schumann Wave generating device, both in terms of it being able to generate 7.83Hz as an electromagnetic field (I mean at all, since the pseudomillimetric wave printed circuit board antenna will have a resonant frequency very-much higher than that), but also in respect of the claimed health benefits.

I really wish I was wrong (I often in life hope I am wrong.....) but I suspect I'm right.....DOUK AUDIO EBAY LONG YU, SHENZHEN China

Further interesting Wiki article (though worthy of cautious confirmation I suspect....) is available here: https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonances

Incidently.....if this device actually worked as stated (which is conceptually-attractive but so unlikely) wouldn't it be terrifying if it acted as a lightning attractor? It might reduce the potential sales potential for the device (unless it was bought as an assassination device).

ps the company's product-range is fascinating.......but....I'm really-doubtful about their wooden and mineral blocks attached to golden wires, to act as floating earthing-points to avoid static electricity affecting hi-fi quality. Or bizarre electricity filters, in order to maintain sound quality from digital audio devices. This is feng shui meets fibre optics, physics lightly-mixed with fantasy....

pps note that the single integrated circuit chip (I'll predict either an NE555 multivibrator or a generic 741 op-amp) has had its type-number Dremelled-off.....in order to taunt teccy doubters like me

ppps I apologise for my poor attendance again, recently, on the forum. However, I've maintained my studies in the face of adversity (as I've had rather a lot of IRL recently) and will report my findings whenever I get the chance.... :-/ )

pppps Umm....... to quote a certain US Govmnt civil servant "I Want To Believe", but.....
Screenshot 2021-11-22 220125.jpg

Last edited:
ppps I apologise for my poor attendance again, recently, on the forum. However, I've maintained my studies in the face of adversity (as I've had rather a lot of IRL recently) and will report my findings whenever I get the chance.... :-/ )
Keep going with your studies...they take priority over the forum.

Back