• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
A load of crap IMHO. The way it was started with LRH saying "I'm going to start a false religion and make a shed load of money too" was incredible :eek!!!!:

Check out the webby here. I tried reading it for longer than 5 mins but couldn't stomach it.

Personally, I have nothing against LRH, he makes money - and has done a good job, but making money from other peoples insecurities is not palatable.
I was in Scientology and read the book - can you read? What contact have you had with the organisation? Get an education or some experience, rather than mouthing off to show off

I was in Scientology and read the book - can you read? What contact have you had with the organisation? Get an education or some experience, rather than mouthing off to show off
AFAIK, Schnor is no longer a member of these boards.

And it was a bit abrasive towards another member, if he was still here.

Could you tell us about your experiences with Scientology, to educate us?,

@paigetheoracle

This place runs on courtesy and careful discussion. Which means that your post is well out of order. If you have a problem with this then address it in the thread General Queries or in PM to me. This thread does not need to be derailed.

Frideswide

LOS ANGELES (June 18, 2019) – Today, attorneys representing Jane Doe, a former member of the Church of Scientology, filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles, Calif., alleging years of heinous abuse, human trafficking, and intimidation by members including David Miscavige, the de facto leader of the Church of Scientology. Jane Doe worked within Scientology for years, including directly for Miscavige.
The complaint filed in the case details Scientology’s disturbing practices including rampant child abuse, exploitative commercial practices, horrific forced labor, and the devastating policies that seek to destroy families and escaped former members. This includes the official “Fair Game” policy which tells members to attack, injure, harass, embarrass, and destroy anyone who chooses to speak out against the Church of Scientology and Miscavige.

https://tonyortega.org/2019/06/18/c...cavige-sued-for-abuse-by-major-legal-players/

Good luck to her, and I hope they don't bankrupt her as she seeks justice. Incredibly brave.

Scientologists at Comic Con. Were they in cosplay?

An anti-cult activist has criticised the presence of the Scientology organisation at a comic convention in Dublin.

The Scientology community centre in Firhouse had a stand at the Dublin Comic Con: Summer Edition in the Convention Centre Dublin over the weekend. Two volunteers from the centre handed out leaflets about a comic art competition the Scientologists are running. Young people were encouraged to enter a competition “for artists to create an Irish drug-free superhero”. The volunteers took the names of attendees visiting the stand, their ages and email addresses.

Dublin Comic Con, which is now in its seventh year, is hugely popular among young people in particular and attracts 20,000 visitors over two days. This year’s event included The Hulk from the 70s TV series, Lou Ferrigno, actress Cordelia Chase who played Charisma Carpenter in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Pom Klementieff from Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Dialogue Ireland Trust director Mike Garde said the event organisers may have unwittingly given a stand to what he described as a “very dangerous organisation”. ...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/criticism-over-scientology-stand-at-dublin-comic-con-1.3983170

Scientologists at Comic Con. Were they in cosplay?

An anti-cult activist has criticised the presence of the Scientology organisation at a comic convention in Dublin.

The Scientology community centre in Firhouse had a stand at the Dublin Comic Con: Summer Edition in the Convention Centre Dublin over the weekend. Two volunteers from the centre handed out leaflets about a comic art competition the Scientologists are running. Young people were encouraged to enter a competition “for artists to create an Irish drug-free superhero”. The volunteers took the names of attendees visiting the stand, their ages and email addresses.

Dublin Comic Con, which is now in its seventh year, is hugely popular among young people in particular and attracts 20,000 visitors over two days. This year’s event included The Hulk from the 70s TV series, Lou Ferrigno, actress Cordelia Chase who played Charisma Carpenter in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Pom Klementieff from Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Dialogue Ireland Trust director Mike Garde said the event organisers may have unwittingly given a stand to what he described as a “very dangerous organisation”. ...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/criticism-over-scientology-stand-at-dublin-comic-con-1.3983170

"Cordelia Chase who played Charisma Carpenter"

Four women who have accused Danny Masterson of raping them filed a lawsuit Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court against the actor; the Church of Scientology, to which he belongs; and the church’s controversial leader, David Miscavige.

The suit accuses Scientology, which has long been accused of illegal and unethical conduct, and Masterson of engaging in stalking, physical invasion of privacy and a conspiracy to obstruct justice, among other allegations detailed in the complaint

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/danny-masterson-scientology-lawsuit_n_5d54774be4b0eb875f1ee362?ti

"Cordelia Chase who played Charisma Carpenter"
It's her own fault for having a silly name... (Seriously though, love her and Cordelia...well in Angel at least. Cordelia was supposed to be a bit unlikable for most of her time in Buffy.)

WorldCon is on in Dublin this weekend. Do we know if any Scientologists are due to turn up there?

[EDIT] Just had a sudden desire to write a comic about an alcoholic, nicotine stained superhero who goes up against a bizarre mind-control cult who tie him to a chair and torture him with a huge e-meter... Just need someone who can draw, I guess.

Great news about Beck.

He says he is no longer a Scientologist, which makes him about a 1000% more palatable. Seems his marriage break up to one of the Ribisis was the final straw. I hope he gets to see his kids. Now I can be a fan of him! Er, because I was never that keen before. Apart from Sexx Laws, that's a proper banger.

Seems his marriage break up to one of the Ribisis was the final straw.
I remember her from Dazed and Confused -

Cynthia-dazed-and-confused-31773016-200-200.jpg

Another angry scientologist.

An employee of the Church of Scientology has been sentenced to 90 days in prison following his conviction for abusive and threatening behaviour towards an autism rights campaigner.

Judge James McNulty told Bantry District Court he would be willing to suspend Nathan Moore’s sentence if a payment of €10,000 was made to the Irish Society for Autism in the next seven days. Judge McNulty heard that Fiona O’Leary, who has two autistic sons, received an abusive phone call from Moore (22), of Allentown Park, Tallaght, Dublin 24.

She admitted making a phone call to Moore on December 4th, 2017, using the name ‘Chloe Smith’, to ask him about the church’s claims in relation to the treatment of autism and about a funfair being held at its community centre.

“I didn’t get through to him and he called me back and we spoke for about 20 minutes about the funfair, about Scientology and other issues,” she said, adding that the discussion was civil.

Ms O’Leary said she later received and recorded a call from Moore in which he threatened her, called her “a spastic geebag” and said he would “box her up and down”. She said the call left her terrified and that she received a number of threatening and abusive calls from blocked numbers in the following days.

Judge McNulty convicted Moore, who now runs the café at the Scientology centre, and asked if there were members of the church present supporting him. Defence solicitor Diarmuid Kelleher said there were. He said his client left school early and was not mature enough at the time to respond to Ms O’Leary’s “interrogation”. Judge McNulty said this was a betrayal of trust and an abuse of power involving a religious group and church who had a duty of care towards Moore.

Judge McNulty said the prison sentence was to mark the court’s “deep disapproval” of what had occurred and that in the event of an appeal, recognisance on Moore’s own bond of €100 would be required, supported by two independent sureties of €5,000.

“The court would expect that those in authority or leadership in the Church of Scientology would go surety to ensure his appeal.”

Judge McNulty concluded by saying that he did not hear in court that Moore’s employers disapproved of what he said to Ms O’Leary.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/cri...onvicted-over-threatening-behaviour-1.4113742

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/cri...onvicted-over-threatening-behaviour-1.4113742

Out of curiosity, how do you box someone up and down?

An employee of the Church of Scientology has been sentenced to 90 days in prison following his conviction for abusive and threatening behaviour towards an autism rights campaigner.

I know Fiona O'Leary!

Ummm so he left school early so that makes him immature? he is 22 FCOL
Fridesy, are you holding back from us? :p And i no trust Fiona

Cedric from avant garde rockers At the Drive In says the Scientologists killed his dog:
Dog killing news

He's been a vocal enemy of the cult for some time, and now says they tried to intimidate him and his wife by poisoning his pet dog to death. They really are vile.

Is this some kind of joke?
News story

Riley Keough, prominent Scientologist (and granddaughter of Elvis Presley) is starring with Dakota Johnson in a new TV show about two friends who hunt down dangerous cults, based on a true story. This a few weeks after her brother committed suicide because of Scientology. Unbelievably offensive.

Last edited:
Is this some kind of joke?
News story

Riley Keough, prominent Scientologist (and granddaughter of Elvis Presley) is starring with Dakota Johnson in a new TV show about two friends who hunt down dangerous cults, based on a true story. This a few weeks after her brother committed suicide because of Scientology. Unbelievably offensive.
There's irony in there somewhere.

I always wondered if they put the celebs thro the same shite that the people without money go thro, i doubt it, and if so why not, surely money doesn't mean everything, everyone should start out as equal, and I wonder how much the big wigs are paying out, and i wonder if it is just a big tax dodge, has the IRS investigated it?

And does it not bother these celebs that people with less money are being treated like this? Cause i am sure they must know

Back