• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Scott Wolter Claims U.S. Government Approached Him To Aid UFO Disclosure

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Moving on from Templars and Vikings, Wolter is now the government's go to guy for UFOs.

Scott Wolter Claims U.S. Government Approached Him to Aid UFO Disclosure
11/18/2020
23 Comments

In an interview last week with radio host Jimmy Church, which stretched into hours of familiar conspiracies, former America Unearthed host Scott F. Wolter claimed that an agent of the United States government had contacted him to help publicize the disclosure of UFO secrets. “We want to talk to people who are considered credible,” Wolter alleged that a government agent told him. “That’s why they reached out.” Wolter said that over the past five years he has become convinced that space aliens are visiting the earth, that they walk among us, and that the government knows about it. He declined to provide details about what “the military and the government” want him to disclose, but he said that the military’s disclosure plans have been put on hold due to Pres. Trump’s erratic behavior and domination of the news cycle. “The government is frustrated by that,” Wolter claims. “There’s a reason they want people to know.” Therefore, they logically chose a failed former cable host with a third-rate blog to reveal the most momentous story of discovery in human history. ...

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/s...vernment-approached-him-to-aid-ufo-disclosure

Meantime, I'm reminded of something else I must now get around to further researching.
I've ran a search through the extensive newspaper.com archives and excepting a couple of brief mentions regarding Mrs Gleason's impending anecdote, there's seemingly nothing at all published after the book's release.

However..... if you search online....what a mess of claims and counter-claims, to the extent I can't cite one of them as reputable.

I shall leave this intriguing case here, for, now, with the earliest mention of same I can locate and attached as a pdf file.

Attachments

• Detroit_Free_Press_Fri__Nov_25__1983_.pdf
    268.6 KB · Views: 19
I read that as Scott Walker - pity. I've watched the Wolter guy's TV shows and he is full of crap. He makes George Tsoukalos look like Richard Dawkins.

I've ran a search through the extensive newspaper.com archives and excepting a couple of brief mentions regarding Mrs Gleason's impending anecdote, there's seemingly nothing at all published after the book's release.
I have now rediscovered a 1998 article, which is a lengthy obituary and includes the following:

"Mrs Gleason remembers with amusement a joke between her husband and Gerald Ford. While Ford was on a visit to Florida to play in the charitable golf tournament that Gleason organized for years and which bore his name, the comedian pressed the former president for the truth about UFO activity reported near a Florida air force base. 'Do you think there really are men from outer space in those aircraft?' Gleason asked. Says Marilyn, "Ford gave exactly the right answer. 'Look at it this way,' he said. 'We should pay far more attention to determining if someone from the other side of Earth is hovering over us and spying on us. That would be a much more likely -- and potentially frightening -- event'."

Given that Ford succeeded Nixon, it does seem to cast doubt on Mrs Gleason's subsequent account re Nixon.

Wolter strikes again. From Jason Colavito's email newsletter, 14 March 2021 (it has more detail than the blog entry):

As I wrote on my blog Saturday: On Friday, The Atlantic magazine informed me that they would not be going forward with a planned article in which I would report on the influence QAnon conspiracies have taken from conspiracy theories airing on cable television shows like Ancient Aliens. The piece’s news peg, which the editors loved, revolved around the recent arrest of a man for vandalizing America’s Stonehenge with a QAnon slogan and a note referencing drinking child blood. The man, Mark Russo, had tweeted a shout-out to former America Unearthed host Scott F. Wolter, and journalistic due diligence required asking Wolter for comment. Wolter immediately contacted the editor-in-chief of The Atlantic and angrily demanded to speak with a different writer, claiming bias on my part. This prompted a review. Although The Atlantic found no ethical concerns with me writing the piece, they elected not to go forward with the article for reasons that I fully support but which are not mine to share. They invited me to write something else for them in the coming months.

I have now rediscovered a 1998 article, which is a lengthy obituary and includes the following:

"Mrs Gleason remembers with amusement a joke between her husband and Gerald Ford. While Ford was on a visit to Florida to play in the charitable golf tournament that Gleason organized for years and which bore his name, the comedian pressed the former president for the truth about UFO activity reported near a Florida air force base. 'Do you think there really are men from outer space in those aircraft?' Gleason asked. Says Marilyn, "Ford gave exactly the right answer. 'Look at it this way,' he said. 'We should pay far more attention to determining if someone from the other side of Earth is hovering over us and spying on us. That would be a much more likely -- and potentially frightening -- event'."

Given that Ford succeeded Nixon, it does seem to cast doubt on Mrs Gleason's subsequent account re Nixon.
I never could figure out why that yarn about Gleason and Nixon got any traction at all. I haven't read about it in years, but I have a mental image of Nixon showing up at Gleason's house in a loud print shirt and Bermuda shorts, alone, driving a Ford station wagon. Then the two of them drive over to some air base where the guard sees Nixon and waves them through the gate. It's beyond silly. I'm sure they stopped by Gleason's favorite watering hole on the way back to the house.

Its the Scott & Jason Show - Again!

Scott Wolter Attacks Me in Epic Rant: "The Guy Got What He Had Coming to Him"

Apparently, the only thing that onetime America Unearthed host Scott Wolter hates more than me criticizing his work is me ignoring him. I’ve been too busy working on serious, important things to care about the former TV star’s frequent radio rants, so Wolter went on The Family with Tom Barnard to spend 15 minutes badmouthing me. Lest anyone be confused, at one point he slipped and said my name instead of “the blogger.” Odd, though, that he calls me “the blogger” since my publication history, in national magazines, university press books, academic journals, etc., far outstrips his self-published books and freebie Blogspot blog. ...

https://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/...ic-rant-the-guy-got-what-he-had-coming-to-him

Vatican & CIA in cahoots to hide UFO evidence. From Jason Colavito's email newsletter • Vol. 19 • Issue 9 • August 29, 2021 •

In an interview on Jimmy Church’s radio show this week, former America Unearthed host Scott Wolter claimed that the Vatican and the CIA are suppressing UFO evidence, resulting in the recent government UFO report from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence lacking strong evidence. He also claimed one percent of Americans are extraterrestrials. He made a number of other bizarre claims, including more special pleading to excuse the misidentification of lead as silver in Pirate Treasure of the Knights Templar and the UNESCO condemnation of that show’s ethically dubious practices. He also says that the government agent who recruited him to disclose alien secrets works for the National Air and Space Intelligence Center, a division of the Air Force, and spent a recent week at Wolter’s home. I wonder how long it will be before Wolter turns the NASIC crest, which features the Great Sphinx, into some proof of his ancient Egyptian-Templar-Freemason conspiracy.

Back