• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Searl Effect Generators (S.E.G.)

Electric_Monk

Abominable Snowman
Just out of interest, I wonder if anybody had ever heard anything of the "Searl Effect Generator"? It sounds like nonsense, which was the general consensus when I told some people about it in the FT chat room, but it would be quite groovy if it worked ;)

Basically, it's meant to pull energy out of a quantum thingy wotsit("technical" names are on http://www.sisrc.com/) but it can supposedly also generate antigravity. So, anybody ever heard of it? :) If so, what do you think? ;)

Arthur C Clark is a great fan of Zero Point energy.

An odd half remembered 'free lunch' energy theories :-I seem to remember that there was a cosmological theory that if space-time tends towards being flat, the energy potential of the area increases exponetially, until there is a huge spontaneous blast of energy from a mathematical point on the space-time 'plain' nearest the 'flat' area, although I *think* that the actual flatness is asymtotic. The interesting thing about this theory was that is spontaeously generats a 'bubble' of highly curved expanding space time containing the engergy, coalesing into matter from the quantum level up. Basically the birth of a new universe. Don't remember where I read it but its been one of those things I've 'known' about for twenty odd years...Anyone else out there know where or what the source of this is?

8¬)

Hi.
I remember a little about this Searl Effect . It was supposed to extract Zero point Energy Which If successful would be groovy. And is another avenue that Nasa is exploring for propellantless propulsion along with others such as the Gravity modification which they tasked Dr Ning Li with. Some people who know of these things say a Cubic Centimeter of Space ( Whatever that means) Contains more Zero point energy than that being produced by all the stars in the Milky way. But I think their maths is incomplete. But if anyone and I think someday someone will, extract usefull amounts of energy from a Fluctuating Vacuum ( Zero Point Energy) then everything may well get very Groovy. However it could destroy civilisation as we know it so it probably will not happen or be let to happen. Also until it is understood properly it will upset alot of Scientists as it would appear to get something for nothing, as if we can visualise the Energy transfers of the Universe. I think not.

[T]he "Searl Effect Generator" ... was an arrangement of rollers that went around a core (which then had another "core" outside the inner rollers, with more rollers on that, twice, so you had 3 sets of rollers separated by chunks of magnet). The surfaces of the rollers and cores were meant to be imprinted with magnetic positive and negative poles using some means that was too hard to do in the home, and so last I heard Searl or a company representing him was asking for money to back the project (seemed a bit iffy to me), but they had 3D animations and such showing how it worked, the rollers were just passed through coils to induce a current like a fairly ordinary generator ;) I also vaguely recall reading that he once claimed to have powered his home from one of the devices he did manage to make at one point, until he got done for not paying his electricity bills. Also claims that it could generate anti-gravity and some photos of half-built flying saucers supposdly based on it were floating around :) Still, be nice if it worked...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of those things that is always 'jam tomorrow'.

If it worked one of the energy, companies would have back engineered it and tweaked it to avoid paying him royalties on the patent. They wouldn't have buried it, fossil fuels are going to diminish in importance, so energy and oil companies will be searching for new energy sources to maintain their income.

BTW It's basically a perpetual motion machine dressed in quantumbabble.

I also vaguely recall reading that he once claimed to have powered his home from one of the devices he did manage to make at one point, until he got done for not paying his electricity bills.

If it worked, why did he have electricity bills ?

INT21

Back