• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Secret Societies

Justin_Anstey

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Does anybody know of any good secret societies they would like to recommend?

-Justin.

How about the Reformed Columban Church. We are not exactly secret. But we are very exclusive (ie there are very few of us).

Actually the Reformed Columban Church is a non-church since we have no hierarchy or buildings. We don't even have very many rules (for a full list e-mail me). In fact in just a few short weeks you could be a fully non-ordaned non-minister of the Reformed Columban Church.

Cujo
(Of course if you're that desprate you could start your own secret society)

I once formed a Secret Society. It was a Discordian Cabal called the Knights of the FNORD Cabal and we sat around blatently not trying to take over the world. This annoyed people. We were forcable disbanded after we were discovered not being a party to a sinister plan to replace Tony Blair with a hastly drawn matchstickman. Our membership was slaughtered to the last pope by a CAK (Condensed Anti-Kipple) bombardment. I only escaped decaffination by running away backwards (which :confused: them). As far as I'm aware the sinister plan was 100% successful and the covert coup'detat took place. :eek:

This would explain a lot. :rolleyes:

I have since considered reforming the KFC, but I've been struggling to do so. Partly because of the obvious copyright problems and partly because I can't rustle up the 5 memeber minimum to form a quorum. :blah:

If anyone is interested they can PM me.

Toodles :D
Niles

Secret Societies may rule the world but it's religions that
get the tax breaks.

Become a Church! Encouraged by Tony Blair, you can then
run schools, teach piffle and influence a generation. :cross eye

Niles Calder said:
I once formed a Secret Society. It was a Discordian Cabal called the Knights of the FNORD Cabal and we sat around blatently not trying to take over the world. This annoyed people. We were forcable disbanded after we were discovered not being a party to a sinister plan to replace Tony Blair with a hastly drawn matchstickman. Our membership was slaughtered to the last pope by a CAK (Condensed Anti-Kipple) bombardment. I only escaped decaffination by running away backwards (which :confused: them). As far as I'm aware the sinister plan was 100% successful and the covert coup'detat took place. :eek:

This would explain a lot. :rolleyes:

I have since considered reforming the KFC, but I've been struggling to do so. Partly because of the obvious copyright problems and partly because I can't rustle up the 5 memeber minimum to form a quorum. :blah:

If anyone is interested they can PM me.

Toodles :D
Niles

Pick me! Pick me!

I've always wanted to be a pope!

Cujo
(To many !, I know)

Niles Calder said:
I have since considered reforming the KFC

Think you'll find it was reformed at least once before you ate it.

Alas, not as secret as the Secret Society I belonged to. It was so secret no-body ever knew who the other members were.

:D

Yes, I've played The Game, but didn't understand The Game. Will have to watch it again, and not on a Sunday afternoon as before when my brain is struggling with Dumb&Dumber let alone the complex plot of this one.

So I guess many of us would sign up for 'Majestic' if it was launched in the UK?

dead flag said:
So I guess many of us would sign up for 'Majestic' if it was launched in the UK?

Too expensive for me. I like the idea though.

Cujo

Thanks to you all for your e-mailed responses, I'll get back to you if I am interested in finding out more.

-Justin.

No, not "The Game", The Game. With apologies to any other players out there.

If you've got an elderly Vespa or Lambretta, you can join The Bagsnatchers of Rome Scooter Club. But you can't tell anyone, except your boyfriend or girlfriend. And to those you can't talk about anything else.:madeyes:

A Friend of mine had a grand-father who was a member of the 'Masons' (Freemasons?! i can't remeber) Anyway, at her house she has one of his canes. Its big and black with a gold top and when you un-screw the top a sword is revealed:eek:
Its pretty cool, and secretive ;)
I was wondering if any one knew if the Masons were still around?

Just think, if one became a church, if you were really sucessful, you could get over a thousand years of wars,genocide, slaughter and suppression. And thats just between different factions of the adherents. Just imagine what other wonders could be wrought on those infidels who don't believe...more genocide, forced conversions...

Actually thinking on it, its already been done...

How about we try and be nice to each other?

8¬)

The Freemasons are of course still around, you just have to spot them. Look up Monty Python for ways of doing that. But they have lodges in many places. Is it called lodges?

My grandmother was a member of something called the Rebecca Sisters. They were a bit secretive at least.

If your Grandmother was Welsh, Xanatic, the secret could be
a big one. The Rebecca Riots was an outbreak against toll-roads
in which the Rebeccas were men in female dress!

The annals of Piffle are less helpful about any Danish sisterhood
of Rebeccas. :(

is there anywhere to get a copy of these annals of piffle? they sound like a facinating read

back to the topic-

not exactly on thread but there was a small yorkshire village where you had to cross a small toll bridge, if you werent local then you had to pay a fee for using the bridge but there was a small number of people who used to shout "local" as they went across so as they didnt have to pay it was rumoured they were some sort of a clan who lived near each other and looked oot for each other kinda like the league of gentelmen with their
"local shop for local people"

i'll see if i can extract some more info about these

cas

Masons and Freemasons

Masons and Freemasons are the same afaik. They are still going strong and have quite an effect on the UK police force according to a friend of mine who just got promoted to CID as a DC

Hermes said:
Alas, not as secret as the Secret Society I belonged to. It was so secret no-body ever knew who the other members were.

I almost joined a society so secret, no-one knew where or when the meetings took place.

I could tell you it's name, but no-one knew because it was a secret.

Okay I'll stop now :rolleyes:

I know someone who is in the Masons. A friend of a close realative.

luce

Masons are weird. They have all these secret Masonic symbols - which everyone recognises. Then they plaster these 'secret' symbols all over their 'secret' meeting halls so everyone knows where they meet. And wear masonic jewlery so that eveyone knows who they are.

What's the point?

Cujo

Well, what is the fun of being in a secret society if you can't tell people about it. And as long as people don't know what they do at the ceremonies, it can be considered a secret society. But it seems they have even lost that, because of all the rumours about strange things, they had to make them more open.

There is a building in the city where I am from, that I have never found out what is for. It has a picture of a pyramid with an eye in it right under the roof. And another house has those things sailors use to measure with on maps in different places. Does anyone know who uses these symbols?

Flaunting secret societies

I dont go boasting about my membership of MI7

Oh bugger !!

How do I edit a post ? *Click* :spinning

The pyramid with the eye is one of the Freemason symbols. It is also on the American dollar bill. It's also related to the Bavarian Illuminati, but if we crack open -that- can of worms we'll be here all day. Which in net time can translate to years of real time! :D

If I remember correctly, a susbstantial number - if not the majority - of the signatories of the American Declaration of Independence were Freemasons.

Yes, it's members are known as judges, police chiefs and prince Philip.;)

Xanatic said:
And another house has those things sailors use to measure with on maps in different places. Does anyone know who uses these symbols?
Those are compasses (tho' sailors often call them dividers) and they are also masonic symbols, together with a set-square. (Being 'on the square' is also a Masonic reference.)

A book I mentioned on another thread, called 'The Second Messiah', has a lot of interesting history of the Masons, including what was lost from their rituals and why in (I think) Jacobean times.

Back