• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Seeing Numbers And Letters On Your Skin In The Mirror

To return to one aspect of the original post: years ago when I worked in an office, one of my co-workers, a very beautiful young woman with a lovely personality, was distressed at how she looked in the mirror one day. There was a nasty looking crease next to her eyebrow, which made her look mean and tired. It didn't show to look directly at her, but all she could see was her reflection. It was a visual lie that made her feel rather bad. This taught me that ladies' room mirrors can be evil objects that undermine women's self esteem by providing a reflection that appears unhealthy and unpleasant. Perhaps. Red Steel, your mirror was made in the same factory, and is infused with malevolent intentions to undermine your self-esteem.

A more Fortean approach would be to investigate why/how mirrors emphasize such irregularities of light without making the whole image seem distorted.
Or maybe there is some life sapping interaction between fluorescent lights and reflective surfaces?)

Years ago a neighbour had a mirror beside the front door which showed my weathered fizzog in a flattering manner. I always lingered for a moment to admire myself in it. Maybe it was the light, I dunno, but I loved that mirror!

OTOH when my sister said 'Women in our family start going great at 30!' I snorted and said 'Pfft, I'M 30 and I'M not grey!' and looked in HER mirror and saw GREY HAIRS. How very rude of it.

After showering I looked at the injury in the mirror. On the bruised tissue there seemed to be squiggly marks, similar to Arabic writing. Additionally, there appeared to be Arabic numbers, "8251." The markings were not visible to the naked eye, but only in the mirror.
I did a search for that number and found it to be the number of an intel communication chip. Er, any missing time at all?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_8251

Hope the arm healed up okay. Shame you didn't get a better photo although I think I can see the 8.

In other words, the concept of our current numeral system traces back to India, but the set of particular glyphs / symbols we use for the numerals traces back to the western Arabic / Arabic-influenced regions.

We should properly call the numbers Indian numbers. The Muslims adopted the Indian numeral system during their genocide of India and pretended they invented them. Most modern mathematics has its birth in India, but that doesn't stop Islam from trying to claim murderous plagiarism is the same as invention.

I assume the ladder is still broken.
Ok, this is an interesting inference. Might this particular ladder have rejuvinated itself, almost like the eponymous car in 'Christine'? So it's maybe still trying to entice other humans to climb its rungs, thence to again dash them down, like dolls, to the ground, embranded with the mystical numerological constant that is (allegedly) 8251...

I did a search for that number and found it to be the number of an intel communication chip
Wow, that's a very old-and-ceramic-cased UART....I'm old enough to have stepped on one of those in my workshop, and screamed in agony at how cruel the world was, before slippers became available to me (I spent my entire childhood and early adolescence, barefoot, whenever I was at home. No sensible reason, it just seemed faster moving my feet by themselves). 19.2kbps?? I can remember when that used to be superfast broadband.

The Muslims adopted the Indian numeral system during their genocide of India and pretended they invented them.
This has greatly depressed me. Please don't tell me that the famous Arab astronomers also plagerised the work of Indian star-gazers (well, do so, if that is the case)

This has greatly depressed me. Please don't tell me that the famous Arab astronomers also plagiarized the work of Indian star-gazers (well, do so, if that is the case)

The answer is yes, sadly they mainly did steal Indian astronomy. There is a small amount of original work that can be attributed to Muslims building on plagiarized Hindu work but most of it is outright cultural theft. It always saddens me that for all the horror it has brought, Islam has added so very little to the world.

The answer is yes, sadly they mainly did steal Indian astronomy. There is a small amount of original work that can be attributed to Muslims building on plagiarized Hindu work but most of it is outright cultural theft. It always saddens me that for all the horror it has brought, Islam has added so very little to the world.

Come now!
How can even an infidel fail to admire the technological wonder that is the electronic prayer-mat?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world...at-with-navigation-system-lights-way-to-mecca

Come now!
How can even an infidel fail to admire the technological wonder that is the electronic prayer-mat?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world...at-with-navigation-system-lights-way-to-mecca

*chuckle* Well one of my friends gifted me with one of these "lovely" alarm clocks: https://www.friendlytrading.co.uk/mosque-alarm-clocks-79-c.asp
It plays the call to prayer ad nauseum for about half an hour, and every time you think it has finished, it starts up again.
I really turns your thoughts to god... i.e. God I wish it would STFU, God I wanna smash it.
I subsequently used it to totally troll some of my very politically correct friends when they took me to task for telling the truth about Islam. God it was awesome. God it drove them crazy. God it made them look like hypocrites. God I'm glad they never found out it was me.

*chuckle* Well one of my friends gifted me with one of these "lovely" alarm clocks: https://www.friendlytrading.co.uk/mosque-alarm-clocks-79-c.asp
It plays the call to prayer ad nauseum for about half an hour, and every time you think it has finished, it starts up again.
I really turns your thoughts to god... i.e. God I wish it would STFU, God I wanna smash it.
I subsequently used it to totally troll some of my very politically correct friends when they took me to task for telling the truth about Islam. God it was awesome. God it drove them crazy. God it made them look like hypocrites. God I'm glad they never found out it was me.
It's very effective at waking people up, I should think. But...what a piece of tat!

You should take that with you next time you're on a train .. everyone would be too scared to sit next to you, you'd get the whole carriage to yourself :)

I did a search for that number and found it to be the number of an intel communication chip. Er, any missing time at all?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_8251

Hope the arm healed up okay. Shame you didn't get a better photo although I think I can see the 8.

Its a lot better but I still have swelling on the "point" of the elbow. The intel comment is intriguing...

Back