• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Sensing the recent past

pandacracker

Justified & Ancient
I've been a lurker on this board for years, only made a few posts but realised afterwards that I hadn't properly introduced myself (that was back when there was a new member forum) felt embarrassed and haven't posted since!:oops:

Anyway, this is something that happened to me that I think should be shared with people like your good selves. About 20 yrs ago I was in an old house (Elizabethan/Jacobean) and I was allowed by the owner to walk around and see if I could sense anything. I started in the kitchen at one end of the building, walked along the downstairs hallway, up a flight of stairs to the upstairs hallway, then along to the second landing and stairs back down to the kitchen, looking into various rooms as I went. To be honest I was hoping to see a "white lady" or hear children's laughter or something of that ilk, the house was beautifully atmospheric and lent itself to such imaginings but, of course, nothing.

At the top of the second landing there was a door that lead to a short flight of stairs going up into the roof/attic. I opened the latch and went about halfway up, marvelling at the great ancient wooden beams above me and the handmade red bricks in the wall beside me and how long they had been there. It was the last place to check out so I thought I'd spent enough time snooping and it was time to rejoin the gathering of people in the kitchen below.

I went down the few steps, went to open the door to return to the second landing when I sensed blood on the latch. I didn't see it, I just knew there was blood on it. As I opened the door and stepped onto the landing I was overwhelmed by a feeling of great anger and violence. I tried to stay with the feelings to see if I get get more info but it was very uncomfortable so I decided to close off and end the experiment.
Back in the kitchen the owner asked me if I'd managed to pick up anything, I said I had on the upstairs landing so we both went back up and I told her what I had sensed. She went ashen and with great urgency and agitation in her voice said "When? When did this happen?" I told her I didn't know, only that there was blood on the latch and the feeling of anger and violence. She calmed a bit and then told me that a year or so ago her son (early 20's) had been living with her. He was going through a bad time (she didn't say how or why) only that it was a very difficult time for both of them. One day/night they were having yet another terrible row in the kitchen and she decided the only thing to do was to walk away. As she went up the stairs her son came up behind her shouting stuff like "don't you walk away from me" and as she reached the landing he pushed her. She fell forward and hit her head on the door leading to the attic, badly cutting her head on the latch.
In parapsychology terms would that be considered a "hit"? If so, what could be the explanation? If not, then what was happening?

That's pretty good for a blind reading. Have you had any other similar successes?

I'd make it a hit. I've always thought that if there were anything to sightings/readings, it would relate to strong emotion between folks. The argument and injury you mentioned being a prime example.

Myth - Not really had anything like it since. The closest would be about a year ago at work. I knew one of my young colleagues had a brother at the same company but I had never met him. The first time I saw them together in the canteen I had a feeling of Hansel and Gretel, two orphans clinging on to each other. A few weeks later their father murdered their mother, it was quite unpleasant. However that seems to be sensing the future. In the details that came out in the trial the father had been acting out of character so I could have been picking up on their body language.
Cult - I agree about strong emotions, like the Stone Tape theory. Also the most recent strong emotions, being "fresher", would more likely to be picked up, rather than something 100 yrs previous.

I wonder if the walking into a room and knowing there has just been an argument, or that someone has been there and left type feelings are related.

Back