Seriously Bad Taste Merchandise

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
Reaction score
I had a Carry on Doctor t-shirt with Harold Shipman on.
From the same store selling the Harold Shipman T-shirt:
1621537122671.png

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd be up for a generic serial killer shirt e.g. I'm only smiling 'cause they haven't found the bodies. They are generic, dark humour.
I have a problem, personally, when it references a case/killer whose victims families are still around.

I have seen someone wearing a John Wayne Gacy t-shirt in Sydney once and a 'Charlie Don't Surf' t-shirt which was an image of Charles Manson superimposed over a beach scene with palm trees. A play on the line from the movie 'Apocalypse Now'

Mikefule

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd be up for a generic serial killer shirt e.g. I'm only smiling 'cause they haven't found the bodies. They are generic, dark humour.
I have a problem, personally, when it references a case/killer whose victims families are still around.
I agree.

In the particular case of the Fred & Rose West, I have only vague memories of the news coverage at the time, but I recently read up on the crimes because I had been looking at the relevant thread in this forum.

It is hard to imagine a deeper level of depravity.

It wasn't "just" killing lots of people, but also the rape, prostitution, systematic physical and mental abuse, premeditated and sustained torture of some of the victims, and — shockingly — the context in which a family background normalised incest and sexual and physical abuse. Fred pimped out the young Rose and her own father was allegedly a client.

The murders, arrests, suicide of Fred, and conviction of Rose, were followed by a series of knock on effects for their own family members leading in some cases to suicide and in others to abuse passing on to the next generation.

And as for the victims and their families, it is unthinkable.

Generic jokes about serial killers are one thing, but I find it impossible to understand how anyone who knows the Fred & Rose West story could find even "dark" humour in it.

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Reaction score
Just build a temporary wall around the whole lot and feckin' fill it in with concrete.
Then we only have to cope with the drips, i.e. "The Elephant Foot".

FunkyTT

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Wee Scots lassie , may I ask which website that is ? I'd like to browse it.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Wee Scots lassie , may I ask which website that is ? I'd like to browse it.
I don't know which website it was that's illustrated above, but ...

Those Kulturmeister card decks are available on Amazon.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
The Serial Killers Top Trumps Family card game is on Ebay UK
Am I correct in assuming this game involves serial killers murdering The Don's family?

Ermintruder

Delineated by a professional cryptozoologist
Reaction score
do wonder whether this ring is entirely suitable (or indeed inspirational) for a girl's 13th birthday!
It's a classic cultural inappropriation.

Context, as ever, is everything.

This is being seen as being a neutral encouragement in Universal Standard English by a non-native speaker (I'll sterotypically-presume mainland Chinese, but quite possibly from elsewhere).

(Maybe it now *is* a neutral incentivising statement, and you @blessmycottonsocks and I are in an ever-diminishing constituency of sociolinguistic stick-in-the-muds)

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score
It's a classic cultural inappropriation.

Context, as ever, is everything.

This is being seen as being a neutral encouragement in Universal Standard English by a non-native speaker (I'll sterotypically-presume mainland Chinese, but quite possibly from elsewhere).

(Maybe it now *is* a neutral incentivising statement, and you @blessmycottonsocks and I are in an ever-diminishing constituency of sociolinguistic stick-in-the-muds)
As ever, you put it so more eloquently than I ever could!

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Reaction score

me three!

Ermintruder

Delineated by a professional cryptozoologist
Reaction score

Mr. Banooka

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
View attachment 41023

Yes.... indeed the ring design does appear to originate from mainland PRC.

But some westerners make bad mistakes in just as much (blind) good faith:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/people-get-bad-chinese-tattoos-and-this-is-what-some-of-the-worst-translated-into-english/

nintchdbpict000279073335.jpg

Think before you ink, or say ta-ta to a tattoo that adds anything meaningful to your misguided majesty....
Friend of a colleague had a tattoo on his neck of his name ‘Kyle’, whilst on holiday in Kavos.

When he looked at it in the mirror it didn’t look right. The tattooist had tattooed ‘KFC’ on his neck.

pandacracker

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
View attachment 41023

Yes.... indeed the ring design does appear to originate from mainland PRC.

But some westerners make bad mistakes in just as much (blind) good faith:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/people-get-bad-chinese-tattoos-and-this-is-what-some-of-the-worst-translated-into-english/

nintchdbpict000279073335.jpg

Think before you ink, or say ta-ta to a tattoo that adds anything meaningful to your misguided majesty....

It would be funnier if we knew what the people thought the phrase was.

JaneD

JaneD
Reaction score
Friend of a colleague had a tattoo on his neck of his name ‘Kyle’, whilst on holiday in Kavos.

When he looked at it in the mirror it didn’t look right. The tattooist had tattooed ‘KFC’ on his neck.
Why would you have your name tattooed on you? Is it so you don’t forget it? Or is it helpful when trying to pick up potential partners in noisy bars?