• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Seriously Bad Taste Merchandise

Gary Holt, guitarist from thrash band Exodus and latterly a (poor) replacement for Jeff Hanneman (RIP) of Slayer, recently brought out a range of guitar picks (plectrums) with photos of serial killers on them. Now, Slayer have always been somewhat controversial, but I thought guitar picks with photos of people who murdered folk was way too much - there will still be family members of the victims around FFS.
As for Garbage Pail, I had those stickers plastered all over my bed as a child!

Attachments

• 169541016_1944926309013171_6729976623855556279_n.jpg
    169541016_1944926309013171_6729976623855556279_n.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 9
Why would you have your name tattooed on you? Is it so you don’t forget it? Or is it helpful when trying to pick up potential partners in noisy bars?
A colleague's slightly less than bright son decided, after a serious drinking session, he'd tattoo his name on his fingers with a pin, ink, pain and swearing. He started on his forefinger, then his middle finger, then his ring finger and his pinkie...

Then he realised his name was Kevin.

A colleague's slightly less than bright son decided, after a serious drinking session, he'd tattoo his name on his fingers with a pin, ink, pain and swearing. He started on his forefinger, then his middle finger, then his ring finger and his pinkie...

Then he realised his name was Kevin.
People just call him 'Kevi' now.

Gary Holt, guitarist from thrash band Exodus and latterly a (poor) replacement for Jeff Hanneman (RIP) of Slayer, recently brought out a range of guitar picks (plectrums) with photos of serial killers on them. Now, Slayer have always been somewhat controversial, but I thought guitar picks with photos of people who murdered folk was way too much - there will still be family members of the victims around FFS.
As for Garbage Pail, I had those stickers plastered all over my bed as a child!
Wouldn't it be a huge and entertaining coincidence if Holt were noticed by an up-and-coming serial killer who felt a need for attention?

On that basis you’d need to have it done in a few places. What would be the minimum do you think? Torso, each leg, each arm, neck, maybe each foot? Down your nose?
Obviously not worth tattooing fingers or toes as these will be removed with secateurs and disposed of separately - ditto tongue and dental work. I would agree with about half a dozen tats as a minimum, really depends on the size of the duffle bag.

Why would you have your name tattooed on you? Is it so you don’t forget it? Or is it helpful when trying to pick up potential partners in noisy bars?

The SS used to make all their recruits have their blood group tattooed in their armpit, to make it easier to get medical aid to injured or unconscious men.

Actually not the worst idea ever, (and I hope no-one misinterprets that as being praise for the SS!)

The SS used to make all their recruits have their blood group tattooed in their armpit, to make it easier to get medical aid to injured or unconscious men.

Actually not the worst idea ever, (and I hope no-one misinterprets that as being praise for the SS!)
On that theme, there have been convictions at the war crimes tribunal made on the evidence thst the defendant was a member of the SS rather than a conscripted soldier, based on his blood group being tattooed on him.

"They all positively identified him as the guard in charge of pushing people into gas chambers. The accused, for his side, denied the allegations. During his testimony, he told he was once checked for blood group by Nazi officials for putting a tattoo. The entire courtroom fell silent.

The defendant’s lawyer’s jaws dropped to the ground. The accused was John Demjanjuk, whose trial became a vital trial in Israel. His mention of the blood tattoo changed the course of the trail."

https://medium.com/lessons-from-history/schutzstaffel-ss-blood-tattoo-a97c6177e868

I was watching Peter Crouch's 'year late Euro show' last night, it showed a picture of a fan at one of the games with a football shirt on with
'COVID
19'
printed where the players name and number would normally go, i cant find the photo but i did find a number of similar items for sale online.

ssrco,slim_fit_t_shirt,two_model,101010_01c5ca27c6,back,square_three_quarter,1000x1000.jpg

Gary Holt, guitarist from thrash band Exodus and latterly a (poor) replacement for Jeff Hanneman (RIP) of Slayer, recently brought out a range of guitar picks (plectrums) with photos of serial killers on them.

The dude is 57.

I got over my serial-killer obsession when I was 17.

The year I lost my virginity. I don't think that's a coincedence.

I was watching Peter Crouch's 'year late Euro show' last night, it showed a picture of a fan at one of the games with a football shirt on with
'COVID
19'
printed where the players name and number would normally go, i cant find the photo but i did find a number of similar items for sale online.

View attachment 41166
There were crappy t-shirt companies doing band-style shirts with "COVID-19 World Tour" shirts last year at the very height of the pandemic. Lots of people on Facebook ads for them thinking it was hilarious and ordering them. Bizarre behaviour.
As if a deadly disease is funny! And yes, I do realise it's kinda ironic that I've been listening to Anthrax all night.

There were crappy t-shirt companies doing band-style shirts with "COVID-19 World Tour" shirts last year at the very height of the pandemic. Lots of people on Facebook ads for them thinking it was hilarious and ordering them. Bizarre behaviour.
As if a deadly disease is funny! And yes, I do realise it's kinda ironic that I've been listening to Anthrax all night.
I wouldn't buy one either but at the same time, I think 'gallows humour' can be beneficial .. we don't laugh because of it, we laugh despite it .... for example, and I know we're not at war (yet) .. "Hitler, he only had one ball, the other, was in the Albert Hall, his Mother, the dirty bugger, cut it off when he was small." .. in other words, its a 'blitz spirit T Shirt' ..

I wouldn't buy one either but at the same time, I think 'gallows humour' can be beneficial .. we don't laugh because of it, we laugh despite it .... for example, and I know we're not at war (yet) .. "Hitler, he only had one ball, the other, was in the Albert Hall, his Mother, the dirty bugger, cut it off when he was small." .. in other words, its a 'blitz spirit T Shirt' ..
But people wouldnt have walked around with a shirt with
'Nazis world tour'
'Poland '39'
'France '40'
'Russia '41'
'England TBC'

That's the wrong lyrics anyway. Should be:

"Hitler has only got one ball.
Goering has two, but very small.
Himmler has something sim'ler
But poor old Goebbals has no balls at all."

"They all positively identified him as the guard in charge of pushing people into gas chambers. The accused, for his side, denied the allegations. During his testimony, he told he was once checked for blood group by Nazi officials for putting a tattoo. The entire courtroom fell silent.
So that means his blood group was checked for the purpose of applying a tattoo? Like a clumsy translation?
I get the meaning from the context but that bit doesn't read well.

We were taught* the 'Albert Hall' version at school, like Swifty. Maybe it's a West Mids version?

*not by the teachers, obviously. They were all Hitler fans.

Wouldn't it be a huge and entertaining coincidence if Holt were noticed by an up-and-coming serial killer who felt a need for attention?
I like (not really, but, y'know) the notion of an up and coming serial killer. Like he'd be the support act to the main show

I've heard that version as well but there are at least two versions of it..
Several variations of the Nazi leaders' testicle song were performed as consecutive verses in the antepenultimate episode of The Man in the High Castle, appropriately titled "Hitler Has Only Got One Ball". Then again, it is a show about alternate realities.

BTW, do we have a thread about the possible truth concerning Hitler's ball(s)?
Edit: Never mind, I found it - the thread, not the ball.

I like (not really, but, y'know) the notion of an up and coming serial killer. Like he'd be the support act to the main show
Some enjoy the notoriety. One of the cliches about them is that they collect newspaper clippings about themselves!

There is certainly scope for interaction. Dennis Rader (the Kansas self-styled 'BTK Killer') for example wrote letters to the local press bragging about his crimes. This eventually got him caught.

I'd never heard of it until I met the ex. At any mention of Hitler or the war or anything even vaguely related thereto he'd sing 'Hitler has only got one ball' and giggle. I had no idea what he was on about as that was the only line he seemed to know.

Hitler has only got one ball!
The other is in the Albert Hall.
His mother, the dirty bugger,
Ate the other, when he was just small.

Southport version, 1960s.

If you spot the Opies, tell them! :)

But people wouldnt have walked around with a shirt with
'Nazis world tour'
'Poland '39'
'France '40'
'Russia '41'
'England TBC'
I remember seeing those T-shirts on sale at a market stall in the 80s. Seemed to be popular with some of the local punks.

I'd never heard of it until I met the ex. At any mention of Hitler or the war or anything even vaguely related thereto he'd sing 'Hitler has only got one ball' and giggle. I had no idea what he was on about as that was the only line he seemed to know.

The long winter evenings must just have flown by!

Back