• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Seriously Bad Taste Merchandise

But people wouldnt have walked around with a shirt with
'Nazis world tour'
'Poland '39'
'France '40'
'Russia '41'
'England TBC'

They might do nowadays though.

hitlertee.jpg

I'm going out on a limb here but I think it counts as not exactly bad taste but certainly dark humour.
I'm a fan of a You Tube channel called "The Chieftain" He's a serving tanker, advisor for World of Tanks game and a serious historian. You can guess the subject. He's done many videos and Q&A's, has a great sense of humour and can be sensitive on the subject of war and the armoured development.
I'd recommend his videos on historic museum pieces (inside the Chieftains hatch) and in every video his ... humanity is shown. This has developed several catch-phrases. One is "if this gun sends a shell into your vehicle ... then I can say it will be a significant emotional event!"
One test he performs in his videos, when featuring a historic tank, is when he (6 foot-ish) is in the driver's 'hole' - how long is the time it takes for him to get outside.
It's called "Oh bugger! The tank is on fire!"
He's done it for WW1 tanks, WW2 and even Cold war. But he always does it.

I admit I've just purchased a t-shirt with that very phrase printed on. Now, that is merchandise but ... bad taste?

I'm going out on a limb here but I think it counts as not exactly bad taste but certainly dark humour.
I'm a fan of a You Tube channel called "The Chieftain" He's a serving tanker, advisor for World of Tanks game and a serious historian. You can guess the subject. He's done many videos and Q&A's, has a great sense of humour and can be sensitive on the subject of war and the armoured development.
I'd recommend his videos on historic museum pieces (inside the Chieftains hatch) and in every video his ... humanity is shown. This has developed several catch-phrases. One is "if this gun sends a shell into your vehicle ... then I can say it will be a significant emotional event!"
One test he performs in his videos, when featuring a historic tank, is when he (6 foot-ish) is in the driver's 'hole' - how long is the time it takes for him to get outside.
It's called "Oh bugger! The tank is on fire!"
He's done it for WW1 tanks, WW2 and even Cold war. But he always does it.

I admit I've just purchased a t-shirt with that very phrase printed on. Now, that is merchandise but ... bad taste?
Strait jacket sefinitely requires dark humour but I used to know a few" precious" people who would get upset at it! Lol!

I sort of wanted the Pompeii giftshop to have a Pompeii snowglobe with volcano and ashes. No such luck.
Was watching a TV documentary years ago that had animated sections, one of which showed two terrified Pompeiians running into each other in panic.

I knew my sister was watching so immediately rang her to say 'They just showed me knocking you down and trampling you!' but couldn't get through, because she was also on the phone to say that to ME!

Back