• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

seriously curious - have you been fighting this week?

have you noticed and increase in baseline arsiness over the last week or so

• YES! Now that you mention it - Uncanny!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cannot say I have, it\'s been much worse at other times

• Actually - my life is always serene and calm

• ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME? DID YOU SPILL MY PINT?

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Hello :) I can see I am going to have a lot of fun reading in here :D

but I am curious about something (good place to come to then eh ;))

OK this may sound stupid, but hear me out ok?

I am really curious - everyone I know seems to have had a fight this week! All over the world - people are squabbling!
I myself have been involved in several altercations and
misunderstandings over the last week , and it seems that most if not all of the other people I have talked to over the last few days have had difficult days tinged with ill tempers. So I was wondering - is it just me - or is this a global phenomenon?
And if it is everyone - then why?
Something Lunar or Stellar? or what? Sunspots?? :confused:

muses: I hope it doesn't have any effect on the England team :(

only evidence I have found so far: from http://www.astrorx.org/

"May 19: Venus-Jupiter 15° apart and 1° closer each day. See June calendar! Saturn is gone soon, leaving three planets.
May 31: Venus-Jupiter 3.2° apart and still closing! Venus forms
isosceles triangle with Twins.
From June 2002 Sky Calendar:
The year's brightest planet pairing, Venus-Jupiter within 1.7° apart on Monday, June 3, gleams in WNW for over two hours after sunset. Watch Jupiter (and Mars) sink lower each evening, owing to Earth's faster revolution around the Sun"

OK.... there's an astronomical oddity... hmmm... I don't normally hold any faith in astrology - but I had a little dig about....

right then - Jupiter and Venus together - from http://astrology.com

"Jupiter is the thinking person's Planet. As the guardian of the
abstract mind, this Planet rules higher learning and bestows upon us a yen for exploring ideas, both intellectually and spiritually. Intellectually speaking, Jupiter assists us in formulating our ideology.
In the more spiritual realm, Jupiter lords over religions and
philosophy. A search for the answers is what Jupiter proposes, and if it means spanning the globe to find them, well, that's probably why Jupiter also rules long-distance travel. In keeping with this theme, Jupiter compels us to assess our ethical and moral values; it also addresses our sense of optimism.
Luck and good fortune are associated with Jupiter for good reason. This is a kind and benevolent Planet, one which wants us to grow and flourish in a positive way. Jupiter may be judge and jury, but it's mostly an honorable helpmate, seeing to it that we're on the right path. While our success, accomplishments and prosperity are all within Jupiter's realm, this largesse can, at times, deteriorate into laziness and sloth (Jupiter, at its worst, is associated with weight gain!). More often than not, however, Jupiter will guide us down the primrose path.

Leisure time is also one of Jupiter's pastimes. Sports of all kinds,
games of chance, and a stroll in the park with the family pet (Jupiter loves animals) are all ruled by this Planet. Finally, Jupiter often presages great wealth, material and otherwise. This is a good friend in the heavens!

It takes Jupiter about twelve years to circle the Zodiac (the Planet
visits an average of one Sign a year). It is masculine energy and rules both Sagittarius and Pisces and the Ninth and Twelfth Houses."

~~~~~~~

"Venus is all about pleasure, especially pleasure shared with someone else. This Planet concerns itself with love, romance and harmony in our emotional attachments, marriages, friendships and other unions (like business partnerships). Venus is content to spread happiness and tenderness, all the while teaching us how to love and appreciate others and the things that we possess.

We appear attractive -- and we attract others -- thanks to Venus's energy. Socializing with and relating to others are important to this Planet.

Beauty is also strongly associated with Venus. The arts (music, dance, drama and literature, to name a few) and a sense of the aesthetic fall within the ream of Venus. Venus beseeches us to indulge our senses and revel in the beauty of our world. This Planet is inextricably linked to refinement, culture, charm and grace.

Venus also deals with the pleasure we derive from our possessions. Luxuries (jewelry, paintings, expensive cars), good food and drink, a beautiful home and a sense of refinement all please Venus's interests. This Planet asks us to appreciate the exquisite nature of things. It's a sensual -- though not necessarily sexual -- world as far as Venus is concerned.

Venus takes 225 days to complete its orbit of the zodiac; it is never more than 47 degrees from the Sun. It is a feminine energy and rules both Taurus and Libra and the Second and Seventh Houses."

ok - so we have a masculine vs feminine, thinking vs feeling conflict going on here... ;)

:D fascinating!

:eek!!!!:: I will have to avoid all men on Monday I reckon ;)

any thoughts? - or should I just shut up and watch the football? :D

I find that most people get more arsey when I am really tired.

Some would say it is actually me misinterpreting everything because I'm really irritable, but scientists have proved them wrong.

It may be that excitement over the World Cup or Wimbledon or the Heartlands or the Jubilee or the prospect of a shedload of holiday is getting people all het up and more excitable than usual. Perhaps especially if this is working over the deeper concerns about the likely all-out nuclear war between Pakistan and India.

Not really any increase for me, I'm just naturally a stroppy old misanthrope :)

I have noticed an increse in anxiety and arsiness this week, but i think that its more a geographical thing for me.

I left the warmth and comfort of the calm, soothing world of my beloved Yorkshire (had my jabs and passport and everything) and made my way to London. In all seriousness the capital is WAY more stressed than even i imagined. Even got me and my mates a bit bitchy towards one another and had me on the verge of physically thumping someone (anyone, everyone) in the club we ended up in.

So maybe hashberry's theory is true and the fact i was in London was the coincidence....i don't know maybe someone should start a spreadsheet titled "arseness index" :D

--kiel--

Ok, so let's run down the people I come in contact with on a daily basis:

co-workers: No change. The ones that normally drive me batty are at the same level as always (HIGH!)

significant other: work scheduled prevent us from spending any time together during the week, so no contact = no fighting :p

child: I have noticed a slight shortness of patience this week

However, it must be taken into consideration that it's been a stressful week at work (tons to do!) and I think that's the cause of my lack of patience at home.

And there have been many times when it's MUCH more severe than this, when I actually AM cranky with everyone.

Poeple have been much bitchier in the past weak, a girl in my class punched another girl and now half the class are ganging up to beat the hell out her. :rolleyes:

hmm

thanks people :)

Well - no strong pattern emerging yet - but still...
Actually - since posting this I have had a marked downswing in conflict.. so maybe it is just me! :D

kiel - ;) I'll let you do all the work on the arsiness index eh? :D Nice one ;) :D

yeah cheers, now all i've got to do is figure out how to make Excel use pictures of bums to make a bar-chart.
:madeyes:

Originally posted by Adam Rang
...a girl in my class punched another girl and now half the class are ganging up to beat the hell out her.

So, Adam, am I safe to assume you attend the School of Hard Knocks? ;)

TorgosPizza said:
So, Adam, am I safe to assume you attend the School of Hard Knocks? ;)

no the wee nipper goes to hogwarts. where they learn to create potion's that make you go crazy and play quidich in there break. sounds fun to me.

Yes.

Exam season (both personally and professionally).

Credit card company says I'm maxed out, but only cos they've whacked charges on me which actually put me over the limit.

ISP arsing about again, this time e-mail utterly unretrievable, and a nice message from them once you actually get through on the phone saying "E-mail is currently unretrievable. If you are having problems connecting to the internet please go to our website...", a fine example of arsiness.

Bank holiday - always arse, cos kids want to do something ludicrously expensive, everywhere except ludicrously expensive places are shut, and today also happens to be youngest kid's birthday with attendant noise and stress (don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge my children having birthdays, and a fine time therein and lots of pressies and everything, it's just we've forked out for a big party at a nice venue with magician, alright then, conjuror, on Saturday, and will still end up paying for another party here today when people drop in simultaneously at tea time with their hordes of bored children who want to do something ludicrously expensive but instead will come round our house and I'll be despatched to Tesco to spend ££££s we don't have on food to feed them all and we'll be hoovering and washing up at midnight when they've finally all pushed off again). And tomorrow's another bleedin bank holiday.

Wife a bit, erm, hormonal this week. And home all week, too. As are the kids, being half term, and me, ditto. Nice in theory, but after a few days wears a little thin...

Watch this space...

I've been keeping track of people and their "attitudes" myself. Then, I came across THIS, which may have something to do with it:

An acoustic weapon disorients rioters and afflicts an invading army with nausea. It can create ‘ghosts’ and arouse animal passions.
http://www.forteantimes.com/arti...pons.shtml

I noticed that on Friday, May 31, people were especially "crabby".

:spinning

I've been incredibly nasty this week. But I'm blaming it on my arse of ex-husband who cannot understand why I'm just a tad peed off with him.........ex-husbands huh? Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em................

Also my kids are fighting from the minute they open their eyes until the incredibly late hour they finally stop invading each others bedrooms and slamming doors.

This bank holiday is toooooo long, I want normal life back......

I've been pretty horrible this week too.
At one point we had an argument that went on all night about some pate!

Also this week has seen the demise of the relationship between three 'happily married' couples - now all filing for DIVORCE.

It's been a pretty bad week all in all.

I've been feeling arsey for most of last week too. Quite a few of our paying guests are irritating as hell, and I've really had to bite my tongue to avoid going into full Basil Fawlty mode.

"Highlights" have included a spat with a fat Yank who didn't seem to grasp that even I have to have some time off, no, I wasn't going to cook him a meal at 2 in the afternoon, and he was bloody lucky that I was around to let him drop his luggage off anyway ("What part of "we open at 5pm" do you not understand?).

Another bloke (German) came up to reception, clicked his fingers and barked "Towel!" at me, to which the standard response is to smile sweetly and say "As you ask so politely, how can I refuse?" Mind you, he didn't see why he should have to pay 50p to hire one like everyone else, so he didn't take it in the end.

I've found I've been getting more irritable since I moved from my old flat into the manor last month; I can never get away from it, as all I have to do is go downstairs on my day off and I get collared. The other day I was actually in town looking in a shop window when some numpty recognised me and started quizzing me on bus times and hostels in Cornwall! F**K off! Now!

Emmy Mallow said:
I've been pretty horrible this week too.
At one point we had an argument that went on all night about some pate!

Weird, isn't it? My wife and I do that, if it's something really big (cash, kids, my behaviour:) ) we sit down and talk it through quite reasonably and rationally (after the initial anger/frustration/etc has subsided), but if it's about something utterly trivial it can spark sub-nuclear hostilities, and often culminates in sofa time for yours truly.

Our last biggie was about my neglect to buy clingfilm, if memory serves.

Sorry but it's been a fairly quiet week so far ,I'm a taxi driver in southcoast town. Friday nights always the worst for violence, but this week did'nt see much trouble this Friday, less than the usual amount of blue lights flashing!.And believe me this town on a Friday night could show the Wild West a thing or two.:cross eye

I had nothing to add to this observation until last Thursday
morning. At 6am there was a loud crash coming from across the street. There was the neighbor woman (obviously just home from the night before) who couldn't figure out how to get into the house. I guess she decided the best way was to shout about the parentage of the guy inside and throw rocks at the windows.
After half an hour of this, it obviously worked -- she was let in!

Friday morning there was a moving van parked at their front door.

Friday night there was a ruckus 2 houses further down. The moving van was parked there Saturday morning!

I'm trying not to take this personally! ;)

TVgeek
- in a formerly quiet neighborhood in Minnesota

P.S. My wife LOVES the term "arsiness"!

My next door neighbour chased her husband up the street this morning shouting ' fuck off you bastard ' , which makes a change from last week when it sounded like he was trying to throw her through an interior wall . He'll be back .

I'm late in replying to this thread cos I've only just found it.
I have felt REALLY aggressive this week and that's just not me. Usually I'll tell lies to keep the peace.
My next-door neighbours sold their house but didn't move out before the completion date. So that has caused a bit of hassle. But not too much, and at the time of posting it has been resolved.
However the way I feel, I would relish an argument. This is not a feeling commensurate with my personality and frankly, I'm worried.:confused:

Back