• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Seventh Day Adventists

Carse

Ephemeral Spectre
I thought there was a thread somewhere for examples of odd posters, leaflets and flyers but a search of the board didn’t turn anything useful up. I used to see lots of weird flyers and leaflets around the UK but they seem to be dying out in the 21st century. Anyway, today someone posted a card through my letterbox which suggests the EU, Brexit, or maybe both, is part of a grand global conspiracy perpetuated by the Catholic church. The website shows this is a recruiting tool for the Seventh Day Adventists (there doesn’t appear to be a thread on them either) but I know next to nothing about them. Are they anti-Catholic, anti-EU or anti-Brexit? Or a combination of the three? And does anyone really read this sort of stuff and think “Yes this is the chance I’ve been waiting for! I want a free book explaining everything and I’d welcome the chance to join an obscure christian sect. I shall send my details at once! After I’ve gone out and bought a stamp, of course.”

0A04C2ED-1EDA-498C-9464-77786AB4170F.jpeg

A71D11A8-B9D4-46DE-B217-A1447AEFBCC6.jpeg

No better hook than tying a book or tract in with current events to promote their take as the "answer". I saw a lot of that in the cult-ridden 70s.

Back