• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Sex Shop Beside Church Under Fire For 'Clergy Discount' Sign

synthwerk said:
i never said preachers preached just opressively, negative things.

Neither did I! Where DID that some from? :confused:

what i am trying to say is that between Jesus and the present, there is the bible, and even that can't be a reliable source.

Why do you say that? I think that your opinion that (to paraphrase) 'the Bible, being an old document with minimal supporting contemporary literature such as the Dead Sea Scrolls, cannot be a reliable source' is no more or less valid than the Christian opinion that 'since the Bible HAS supporting contemporary literature such as the Dead Sea Scrolls it is a very reliable source'.

Like I said, some of this is a matter of opinion. Or differing beliefs.

i never said preachers preached just opressively, negative things.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neither did I! Where DID that some from?

i thought you were implying that i was implying that preachers only preached negative things.

nah. I'm pretty carefull to be explicit about my posts. Innuendo doesn't carry well in this medium. Better to be blunt and blatant.

*lightbulb clicks on over head*

So that's it! People try to read between the lines of my posts and there is no between the lines!!

*sobs for joy* I've been so misunderstood! All I have to do is slather my posts with hints, sarcasm, irony (okay I'm Californian, we can't do irony) and innuendo and then I'll be understood!

NOTE: the above post was an attempt at humor and should NOT be taken personally as a slight or slam by ANY poster on the board. This means you, Synth, honey. Okay?

NOTE: the above post was an attempt at humor and should NOT be taken personally as a slight or slam by ANY poster on the board. This means you, Synth, honey. Okay?

that was obvious:laughing:

totally off thread: I like the new avatar. Subtle. VERY subtle in fact.

depending on your field of perception(and monitor type), it get's lighter and darker at different angles. and it "shines darkly" heh. yup...that's old brooding me...under an unquiet skull.

synthwerk said:
he's a schmuck! he's a shvitzer and a knaker. OY!

Hmmm. I liked the story. But, I've always been the share-with-the-community type, myself.

Back