• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Shadow People

Two 'Shadow People' threads merged here

"Does anyone else ever see tiny, magnesium bright pin-pricks of light flying about their room at night when they are in bed? I do and I'd like to know what they are. They're all different colours and move about at a steady pace, not acvtually doing anything. What are they?"

--------------------------------------------------

I've seen these all my life. Not just at night either. They are visible at all times. They are more noticeable at night time due to their being less visual stimuli though. When I was about 4 or 5 I asked my mother what the spots were that were in the air. She misunderstood my question and told me it was the rain. This answer satisfied me at the time but as I got older I wondered. To this day I have no idea whether this is just a visual problem or whether I can see some form of energy that is not normally visible to people.

I see the tiny pin pricks of light at night too.
I also saw tortoise shell shaped transparent things but thought it was something wrong with my eyes.

If it counts for anything, i cant say i ever saw Shadow people until reading this thread yesterday, however now i seem to have developed an amazing ability to see them :)

Bump

I saw one, in the basement of a friend's house. I was helping her move in, and brought something downstairs. I distinctly saw a humanoid shadow dart from one corner of the room to behind the washing machine. It only took about half a second.

Although it was startling, I wasn't afraid. I just told her "I think you have a spook." A couple days later she saw it for herself.

Yes, true. Very true. Suggestion is a very powerful thing.

It didn't occur to me to perform an experiment, however.

I remember seeing a particularly human-shaped image in the corner of my eye once. After that, I saw things in the corner of my eye for a few days after that. I always put them up to tricks of the mind and accumulative paranoia.

As for the points of light, I see them too, whenever the lights are out. I always thought they were some cones in your eye firing after a long day of looking at stuff.

:eek: Hey Zero, I had a shadow figure appear one time to me, and it wern't good. I was in bed with my spouse(she was asleep) and I saw on the cealing of the bedroom a shadow of a man with a hat (hat similar to those worn in the 40's) but only from his mid torso up was visable. There was a street light out side our bedroom window. I Immediatly thought someone was prowling outside my window, and his shadow was casting through the window from the Street light. Because the room was dimly lit because of the light. When I pulled back the curtain noone appeared to be anywhere around. However the shadow was still on the cealing moving very very slowly across the cealing going in the direction toward the foot of our bed. When the shadow reached the wall at the foot of our bed, it did a strange thing. Insted of Proceeding down the wall, as a shadow should, it began going "Into" the wall disapearing little by little untill the wall absorbed the whole thing. No sooner did this happen, and as I was FlabberGasted to say the least of what I just saw, and was trying to figure out what I had just witnessed, A Super Heavy, Super Strong, "INVISABLE" forced jumped on top of me pinning me to the bed, and placed what felt like an invisable pillow over my face. I fought back, Eyes open, but nothing to be seen. No amount of strenghth i could muster removed it! Could not speak, Could not breath, Could not move, not even enough to punch, poke, pinch, my wife in the attempt to wake her for help. She never did wake up, during this whole ordeal. Then, just about when I was out of breath to the point of thinking I was going to pass out, I was released just as fast as I was attacked. I was in such muscle strain in my attempts to push this thing off, that when it released me, I flung up to a sitting position in the bed instantly, Finaly Taking in the most wonderfull Breath of Air, I believe I ever had inhaled. All due to the fact, of being deprived from air for so long. So, what was it? Why did it come?, Why did it Let me up? I truly believe I now know, but that is another Thread within itself. I have never saw one again, and I Pray That I never do. However if others are claiming to see them, I wouldn't be thinking they were my Gaurdian Angels. Be careful people! This really happend folks!

this happends to me sometime, i've also seen cats as well! i always put it down to my bad eyesight and waking up (without my glasses on, obviously) and my brain making shaddow patterns into recognisable forms.
i have a whit bath robe hanging on my wardrobe and the amount of times i thought this was some ghostly 'white lady' is beyond counting!

I've black cats, rods and Shadow people.

Here's my guide to seeing them. Stay up for 24 hours, and make sure you drink lots of coffee to keep your head awake. Use dim lighting, preferably <60watts and uneven around the room. You will see these shapes. They are your eyes going messy after too much use/dehydration of the eyeball IMHO. Generally. Some may be spectres and hobgoblins... I wouldn't like to say they are all optical illusions...

I used to see shadow people alot while working at a particular desk at a past job. It was right in front of a door with a window, and sometimes while I was looking down at my desk, I would swear someone was staring at me from the window of the door. When I raised my head and looked at the door, no one would be there. The funny thing was, I remember there being an air vent right above my head at that desk that was very noisy.

Shadowmen

I find Skellington's methods work very well for me too, particularly if I have to do an all night session to meet a deadline.

My shadow men tend to be elongated, almost skeletal, and have a shimmery effects.

Don Richardson said:
:eek: Hey Zero, I had a shadow figure appear one time to me, and it wern't good. I was in bed with my spouse(she was asleep) and I saw on the cealing of the bedroom a shadow of a man with a hat (hat similar to those worn in the 40's) but only from his mid torso up was visable. There was a street light out side our bedroom window. I Immediatly thought someone was prowling outside my window, and his shadow was casting through the window from the Street light. Because the room was dimly lit because of the light. When I pulled back the curtain noone appeared to be anywhere around. However the shadow was still on the cealing moving very very slowly across the cealing going in the direction toward the foot of our bed. When the shadow reached the wall at the foot of our bed, it did a strange thing. Insted of Proceeding down the wall, as a shadow should, it began going "Into" the wall disapearing little by little untill the wall absorbed the whole thing. No sooner did this happen, and as I was FlabberGasted to say the least of what I just saw, and was trying to figure out what I had just witnessed, A Super Heavy, Super Strong, "INVISABLE" forced jumped on top of me pinning me to the bed, and placed what felt like an invisable pillow over my face. I fought back, Eyes open, but nothing to be seen. No amount of strenghth i could muster removed it! Could not speak, Could not breath, Could not move, not even enough to punch, poke, pinch, my wife in the attempt to wake her for help. She never did wake up, during this whole ordeal. Then, just about when I was out of breath to the point of thinking I was going to pass out, I was released just as fast as I was attacked. I was in such muscle strain in my attempts to push this thing off, that when it released me, I flung up to a sitting position in the bed instantly, Finaly Taking in the most wonderfull Breath of Air, I believe I ever had inhaled. All due to the fact, of being deprived from air for so long. So, what was it? Why did it come?, Why did it Let me up? I truly believe I now know, but that is another Thread within itself. I have never saw one again, and I Pray That I never do. However if others are claiming to see them, I wouldn't be thinking they were my Gaurdian Angels. Be careful people! This really happend folks!

This seems exactly like a dream followed by a sleep paralysis episode. The latter bit about being held down and not being able to move or breath is a perfect textbook example of sleep paralysis/night hag. There's loads of stuff on this board about SP, if you've not read it yet.

Hiya everyone,

I've just been readin through the posts.

I have seen theses 'shadow people' all my life, however I never knew what they were. At one point I just thought I was going crazy!!! :confused: Anyway, I still see them now, and they still scare me; you'd think after over 15 years of seein em, I'd get use to it!

Anywho, I just thought I'd reply as its summat I experience!

Thanks for reading my post!

x Vorzheva x

Vorzheva, do they ever make a sound? Like wind as they walk by, or do floorboards creek underneath their weight?

Hi,

I've heard my name said more times than I care to remember. One time, I was in NZ, walkin through a field, totally isolated, and I heard someone call me several times! That freaked me out!

I hear movements alot (if you know what I mean!), like someone has moved near me! Footsteps, etc!

I've also had quite a few ghosts experiences! Sometimes related to the 'shadow people', other times not.

x Vorzheva x

I have had a couple of strange experiences myself.
It was close to midnight and we had been drinking at a Tavern one thursday night. A few friends and I went up to the old disused mental institution (how cilched does that sound). Its been turned into a heritage site now and the building has been renovated but apparently they can't get the security guards to stay there for very long.
We had heard various stories of how it was haunted and thought it would be good to check it out.
Anyway after circling the building we stopped and could hear what sounded like music coming from inside the building, I thought that was strange and tried to listen closer when out of the left I saw some shadows moving, there were two figures walking across the wall in front of me. Initially I thought it was the shadows of my friends and a car headlight or something, then I realised that there were no cars headlights casting their shadows and my friends were standing next to me and they were not moving. I was watching 2 shadows walking along the wall in front of me, the shadows traversed about 3 or 4 meters on the wall, I started to feel dizzy. My friends were oblivious but they soon followed me when I ran like hell to the car.
I go back there now and again because it is good and spooky.

I have not only seen a Shadow person; I have seen one who was once the leader of the Shadow people. Last year I went to see Jet Harris in concert...and a thundering good bass player he is too!

-Oracle- said:
I often see these 'creatures' and I always thought that they were just figments of an over active imagination...but now I know better!
Does anyone else ever see tiny, magnesium bright pin-pricks of light flying about their room at night when they are in bed?
I do and I'd like to know what they are. They're all different colours and move about at a steady pace, not acvtually doing anything. What are they?

Yep...see them all the time!! Not only at night. They're quite bright, and they float around in your vision for a while before disappearing. I always figured them for the optic nerves misfiring.

They're pretty tho!:D

Just did a little bit of googling, and here's an explanation of the floaty, pretty lights:

The entopic phenomenon is a normal phenomenon that some people become suddenly aware of. It has nothing to do with damage to the eye and the retina is usually functioning properly. These "swimming lights" are best observed against a bright, blue sky or on white objects. Many people think they are floaters of some kind, but in reality they represent the white blood cells moving through the capularries of the retina.

I don't know if that's what you're getting, but it sounds right.

I loved your post!!!

I had never seen these shadow people
until a few months ago when my husband was out of town and something woke me up in the middle of the night and there was this black figure in the door-way of my bedroom. I just screamed out "who are you" and it
disappeared. Havn't seen it since and in
all honesty I'm not sure I want too....
I got the impression it was evil!

In a way, doesn't the accounts of the shadow people sound a little like the Second Sight involved with seeing fairies? In Robert Kirk's The Secret Commonwealth, he describes the site as such:

The Sight is of no long duration, only continuing so long as they can keep their eye steady without twinkling [blinking]. The hardy therefore fix their look that they may see longer, but the timorous see only glances, their eyes always twinkling at the first sight of the object.

http://www.dreampower.com/Kirk_WBW/pg_40.htm

And this is his description of what he sees when he sees fairies:

These siths or Fairies, which they call sluaghmaith or the good people: it would seem, to prevent the dint of their ill attempts: for the Irish usually bless all they fear harm of and are said to be of a middle nature betwixt man and Angel, as were daemones though to be of old: [are] of intelligent Studious Spirits, and light changeable bodies like those called Astral somewhat of the nature of a condensed cloud, and best seen in twilight. These bodies are so pliable through the subtlety of the spirits that agitate them, that they can make them appear or disappear at pleasure. Some have bodies or vehicles so spongeous thin and desiccate that they are fed only by sucking into some fine spirituous liquor [essence] that appears like pure air or oil. Others feed more grossly upon the core substance of corn and liquor or on corn itself that grows on the surface of the Earth; which these fairies do steal away, partly invisible, partly preying upon the grain as do Crows and Mice.

http://www.dreampower.com/Kirk_WBW/pg_21.htm

For some reason, the phenomenon of the Second Sight as described by Kirk and seeing shadow people sound like similar phenomenon, though with the Second Site they can see much longer....

hi

I saw them once or twice. I don't know if they are real though. It accompanies sleep paralysis, and sleep paralysis is found to be a scientific phenomena.

I never seen 'em, but I know people who did

The people I know who saw shadow people really described it/them as "inky black things", but with arms and legs. They had a most certainly evilness to them.

The things I have seen are cats in my periphery, I turn to look, and they're gone. (probably my mind putting them there, but COULD be a ghost of a cat. . . I can't rule that out because cats are like that, you know).

The bright flashes in the distance I have also seen. These I attribute to cosmic rays hitting my retina. Bright lights while I am in the dark are the result of my optic nerve putting things there when there is no input. The floaty things are tiny objects on the surface of the eyeball, and are fun to play with. If you move your eye quickly, you can get them to move in a particular direction across your sight.

I, too, have seen shadow people all my life. Most of them were associated with my great-grandmother's house. She was an Irish clairvoyant who saw bean-sidhe and often foretold the deaths of family members. Needless to say that sort of thing doesn't win you any popularity contests, but I still consider her one of the greatest women I've ever had the honour of knowing. Her house was always full of wierd and wonderful stuff, and this included a lot of shadow people, who were a bit creepy, but never were particularly friightening. I honestly can't think back on the rooms of that house without a shadow person lurking in my memory of them.

My other grandmother (on my father's side) had one shadow person that inhabited the back bedroom of her house. It was seen by several of my relatives. That bedroom was used as a storage room, predominantly, probably due to the fact that no-one in the family would ever sleep in there. The room was chill, unfriendly, and difficult to be in even in broad daylight. I myself was often drawn to it with the same kind of morbid fascination that accompanies disasters - that sickly inability to look away. I used to sneak in there a lot and hide in the wardrobe or behind the bed. There was always a definite feeling of someone else in the room, and sometimes a shadowy figure could be glimpsed.

In my adult years, I've had three encounters with shadow people that were most unpleasant. All three occurred during a period of upheaval in my life that resulted in an absolute torrent of what may be termed by some as 'poltergeist' activity. The first of these encounters involved waking one night to see a shadowy figure hovering above me in mid-air, its face mere inches from mine. The second occurred on a sleepless night, when I opened my eyes to see a huge, hulking figure standing at the foot of my bed. My impression was that it was covered in eyes, though that seemed to be more of an impression than an actual visual. And the third was the same hulking figure, standing next to the head of my bed. It reached out and touched the right side of my face, and when I awoke the next morning, my right eye had swollen shut, my face was red and puffy on that side, and it felt as though that side of my face was suffering from a severe sunburn, or maybe a bad abrasion. The effects lasted about three days.

I never knew what to think about the shadow people thing until recently. Most of the women I dated could see them, but I never did, nor have I met any men who could see them. However, that changed once I got to Afghanistan. I would always hear heavy footsteps in the spaces in between the tents (too narrow for anyone to walk in), then I'd rush out, gun in hand, expecting to see a Haji trying to sneak up on us. Of course, nobody was ever there. Then back in the tent, I'd see shadows moving in the darkness.
There was a lot of weird energy there- when I'd meditate and stare at the mountains, I could see an aura glowing above them, but then it would shift to a black aura radiating in the opposite direction.
A month ago I went to a Reiki practitioner, and she said while she was doing her thing that she could sense these things all around me, that they were trying to contact me. Anyone know why shadow people or extra-dimensional beings would want to arbitrarily contact someone who can't interact with them?

Hi ya Guys and Gals,:D

One day i got home from work, got changed and sat and relaxed watching TV. I thought i had seen something in the corner of my eye. Of course i dismissed it as my mind playing tricks. Then a little later i saw what seemed to be a silouet of a human figure. The only way i could really discribe it is like a see-through ninja. I saw this person head on standing by my telephone. I took a deep breath and being a bit used to strange happenings, :goof: thought "well there's not much i can really do about it". Anyway by the time i thought that it moved through the closit door and disappeared. When my husband came home, i didn't say anything as he is a bit of a sceptic, so i didn't bother him. Any how, after both of us sitting for a while i saw it again,:hah: again i said nothing and just watched it sway backwards and forwards. It never came over to us but then my husband turned to me and said "I just saw something really odd." It ended up he had been watching this shadow person also and didn't want to say anything. Every now and again i still see it but not all that often i must say. Not as often as some of you.

Oh, yes and fourth dimension. Great stuff 'ay.:wow:

Back