• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Shall We Run Our Own Experiment?

I believe that this approaches success:
Item 1 is a small round glass artefact - a Petrie dish, ash tray, or similar.
Item 2 is an electric motor or clockwork mechanism
Item 3 is long and thin, but coiled round: thread on a reel, or the like.
1. a marble - made of glass and appears round if you can't perceive it as 3D.
2. a drill bit - nowadays is normally attached to an electric mechanism, so it can go round and round (like a clock?)
3. a glass figurine of a cat - the cat has its tail wound around itself

Three new objects are NOW IN PLAY. Reach out with the Force, young padawans, open your third eyes (not a euphemism) and submit your totally random guesses! Email or forum "conversation" (PM in old money).

The three objects have been sitting on the windowsill for a few days. Same windowsill as before. Objects are solid at room temperature and are smaller than a breadbox.

Challenge closes in about 48 hours!

Three new objects are NOW IN PLAY. Reach out with the Force, young padawans, open your third eyes (not a euphemism) and submit your totally random guesses! Email or forum "conversation" (PM in old money).

The three objects have been sitting on the windowsill for a few days. Same windowsill as before. Objects are solid at room temperature and are smaller than a breadbox.

Challenge closes in about 48 hours!
The dark is duly stabbed. I admire your requirements of precision such that round is not a hit for spherical.

@escargot do you perhaps want to send your visions via PM rather than on the open thread? :rtrules:I've done my clairvoyanting already, so I'm immune, but I foresee others may not be.

Dunno what my guess was as my post has disappeared and I've forgotten what I put.

Challenge closed!

And let's just say, Freud would have a field day analysing the symbology of these guesses. Lockdown stress leading to fantasies of travel and a desire for the growth and renewal associated with Spring, or something like that.

The objects were : A toothbrush, a wooden curtain ring, and a Wolfstone CD (Year of the Dog, if anyone's interested, great album) in its case.

Remote140520.jpg

Your guesses :

A lock (as in "-and-key", not hair or canal)
A toy soldier
An audio cassette

A sock, a matchbox, a small potted plant.

* some string, yarn, bootlace...
* bottle opener or maybe a metal nutcracker?
* plug adaptor - two sockets from one

A remote control
A small succulent in a pot
and
A key or keys.

salt pot, needle, saucer

A box roughly the size of a box of matches (maybe a box of matches!). A key ring with a fluffy object attached to it. A London bus (red, toy one, obviously).

First something dark and figure-of-eightish, like a pair of sunglasses.
In the middle, something in two identical parts that fit together and can open, like a pair of false teeth or a clam shell.
And finally, something figurative with an element of billowyness, like a figurine in a dress, or a ship with a big sail.

Challenge closed!

And let's just say, Freud would have a field day analysing the symbology of these guesses. Lockdown stress leading to fantasies of travel and a desire for the growth and renewal associated with Spring, or something like that.

The objects were : A toothbrush, a wooden curtain ring, and a Wolfstone CD (Year of the Dog, if anyone's interested, great album) in its case.

View attachment 26227

Your guesses :

A lock (as in "-and-key", not hair or canal)
A toy soldier
An audio cassette

A sock, a matchbox, a small potted plant.

* some string, yarn, bootlace...
* bottle opener or maybe a metal nutcracker?
* plug adaptor - two sockets from one

A remote control
A small succulent in a pot
and
A key or keys.

salt pot, needle, saucer

A box roughly the size of a box of matches (maybe a box of matches!). A key ring with a fluffy object attached to it. A London bus (red, toy one, obviously).

First something dark and figure-of-eightish, like a pair of sunglasses.
In the middle, something in two identical parts that fit together and can open, like a pair of false teeth or a clam shell.
And finally, something figurative with an element of billowyness, like a figurine in a dress, or a ship with a big sail.
Audio cassette and false teeth, how old do people think Tribble is?

This, I think, is the end of my remote viewing career.

Will posting a reply initialize email alerts for new posts to this thread? I'm always late to the party . . . maybe we could do this on Zoom, . . . with a glimpse of the window sill in the background . . .
I'm looking around my place to see if there's a space uncluttered enough to create my own experiment for you. I assume that isolating the objects is necessary to make it a fair guessing game trial.

Will posting a reply initialize email alerts for new posts to this thread? I'm always late to the party . . . maybe we could do this on Zoom, . . . with a glimpse of the window sill in the background . . .
I'm looking around my place to see if there's a space uncluttered enough to create my own experiment for you. I assume that isolating the objects is necessary to make it a fair guessing game trial.

It would certainly work with Xener card-based experiments, that sort of thing.

Okay all you optimists and pessimists, I have cleared a space and set up 3 items for your remote viewing pleasure. They are all images on 2-D surfaces, propped up side by side on a table near my front door (in case you are astral projecting and need an approximate location :) ).

You have until Wednesday midnightish GMT (or Thursday morning 1:00-ish). To maintain the mystery until deadline, please submit answers / stabs-in-the-dark by PM only.

Do you mean there are three pictures? I know, i am a bit dense

Do you mean there are three pictures? I know, i am a bit dense
No, Shady, you are not dense, and don't let Tribble tease you!
Yes, the challenge is 3 pictures. Simple graphic images, nothing visually complex.

Sent mine in via PM :)

Thank you so much everyone! You are so lovely to be online with!

Okay doaky! The challenge revealed! :
The challenge!.JPG
Three cards designed by Edward Gorey, American illustrator: Left, "The Ladder"; Center, "The Ecorche"; and Right, "The Stones."

The remote views; my remarks in italics -- it was a lot of fun fudging interpreting the data. I hope it's not too facetious and that it doesn't give you a headache! :
Friedswide:
* a frederick leighton picture - all flowing classical drapery; there is a flowing little rope or string dangling from a lower rung.
* an icon? a single figure anyway. Maybe klimt? lots of gold and texture;.DING, DING, DING!!! A single figure! But it's in black and white, so the gold must be from your aura.
* a photo of a flower, the flower pinky white and sharp, the background darker and fuzzy.; about as opposite as possible, almost a negative hit.
Tribble:
A werewolf (head only). Line drawing.; a mild ding. It is a line drawing; werewolf? head? mmm, no.
A Penrose (impossible) triangle; maybe his legs make an impossible triangle?
A truncated cone; well, there are 3 straightish lines, anyway.
Also, you have patterned cream-white wallpaper in your hallway; ding, ding! the wall is painted cream, and the photo makes it look textured/patterned--maybe precognitive viewing instead.
a coat rack on the wall and a golf umbrella of approximately three years of age; ding, ding! there is a hat rack near the door, and my rain umbrella hangs on that! (What on earth is a golf umbrella?)
The pictures are on a dark wood table, perhaps walnut wood, with a small drawer and curved legs.; medium, oak, 4 drawers, straight legs.
RaM:
1 a man or animal standing upright with a stick.; if the order doesn't matter, ding, ding! a man standing upright, but he's in the center and he has no stick or skin; there are several sticks made into a floating ladder with a bit of string hanging from it
2 a boat; the man standing upright might be at sea, metaphorically speaking
3 a building by a pond.; standing stones
though I also get a vision of a mosaic; well, some mosaics are made of stone . . .and maybe you saw everything out of order anyway?
Iris:
pictures of:
woman in hat and coat; if the order doesn't matter, ding, ding! a person wearing a hat, at least; no coat, no skin, and in the middle
a dog maybe a spaniel; no dog.
a mountain like fujiama.; stones, anyway.
Shady:
Waves; the string is undulating, so kind of?
otter; otters were once skinned for their fur, but is a skinless man in a hat close enough? that is a philosophical question . . .
chicken; alas, no.
DannyCheveaux1:
A Zebra; maybe the rungs looked like stripes?
A Thistle; no, but maybe the Ecorche is Scottish?
A Goldfish; no.
Melon24:
If the order doesn't matter
, a mild ding, ding.
1. A firm round thing - apple or football; not to be too gross or anything, but the flayed muscles of a person could be firm and round; but that image is in the center.
2. An arch - may be stone - like in a cathedral; there are stones, but they're kind of pagan and that image isn't in the center.
3. A soft round thing on a stick - like a dandelion clock / candy floss; well, the string on the ladder rung is kind of floss like . . .
Krepostnoi:
A star, in motion; well, it's in motion, but it's a ladder.
An arrow pointing up; maybe he has a pointy head, but his legs make a triangle that points upward, so maybe ding, ding!.
A cat; if the cat is very still, and sitting upright, and hanging out with 2 friends, and your eyes are half closed, yes, it could look like that.

A great big :airk: to you all!

Back