• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Shall We Run Our Own Experiment?

I'm in. I'll be thinking about it later tonight.

OK Ryn I'll give it a shot.

Your previous one was red with oranges and purple.

That's my guess.

PS Good luck with the experiment.
Thanks for reply. But I feel it's better if people PM their ideas, rather than post them here, because posting here might affect what others report. It seems more scientific if all participants are completely isolated from each other - well, at least until Saturday.

You (and one other) mentioned my previous image. I suppose you mean the ghastly pixellated one. Forget that, it's not part of the experiment, as it's gone from my desktop. It's mostly gone from my brain too!

Thanks for reply. But I feel it's better if people PM their ideas, rather than post them here, because posting here might affect what others report. It seems more scientific if all participants are completely isolated from each other - well, at least until Saturday.

You (and one other) mentioned my previous image. I suppose you mean the ghastly pixellated one. Forget that, it's not part of the experiment, as it's gone from my desktop. It's mostly gone from my brain too!

Understood Ryn, and have removed.

Just a reminder - about 24 hours before this experiment ends.
I've had 5 entries so far, but there's nothing to stop you trying again if you think you've got a strong connection.

If anyone else wants to join in, then PM your impressions to me, perhaps with Experiment in the title.
(Details above, Post 28.)

Will try tonight despite possessing no extraordinary powers of which I'm aware.

I'm finishing this experiment slightly early, as I may have to go out within the hour.

Views received:

MorningAngel:
I got mainly blue with green like 'vines'.
I'm probably way off and it's a picture of a clown or something lol.

Tribble:
The first impression I got (shortly after you posted) was of brown. Blocky, low-resolution shades of brown. Then you mentioned the second image and I saw a beach. Yellow sand stretching off to the left towards a headland, blue skies, water. Rather tropical or subtropical.

Or maybe it's just my subconscious wanting to revisit Fraser Island in Australia...

McAvennie:
A child smiling with a red balloon. There is also something blue in the image.

Mungoman:
Path through a forest, lot of green.

Frideswide:
a plant of some sort I think - lots of green anyway!

Iris:
I haven't actually tried to remote view but when I read your post I had an impression of chalk cliffs and the sea.

Frideswide:
I think there is a lot of green and a slash of yellow - maybe a lawnmower cutting grass?

Yithian:
Couldn't manage anything remotely clear - pardon the pun - but had vague intimations of triangles and buildings, which I'm going to bold and declare a church tower. The vague inkling I had seemed... geometric... and the church is my own extrapolation.

Not much consensus there...!

And now, the reveal! The target photo:

IMG_2368.jpg

Nobody mentioned animals, let alone horses!

But I suppose I'll have to allow one out of ten marks for those who mentioned 'Green'.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

I got the blue skies and brown! Woo hoo! (Not at all within the realms of "vague guess" of course...)

Suppose we'd better go back to staring at goats.

I am precisely as psychic as I believed myself to be.

Good stuff Ryn, thanks for the opportunity.

I said there was also something blue. I feel like I am at least 40 per cent psychic.

I think my failing as a phony psychic was making too precise a prediction. Should have been more vague.

I got fed up with those two horses crapping in a field, so I've replaced the image with a new one.

Those who wish to continue the experiment, PM me as before, with Experiment in the title.
Deadline, Saturday a.m. as before.

Happy Scrying!

PS: As a variation, I'll add a verbal clue:

"The name of a Roman Emperor"

(But I don't want the name of the emperor, just a description of the image, as before.)

*goes crosseyed with the effort* :banghead:

At least one would-be scryer reports being 'thrown' by the verbal clue! I suggest you just let it rest in your subconscious - something might pop up. If not, just let your mind explore visual images until (hopefully!) something resonates. This is not an intellectual, logical game, like cryptic crosswords or sudoku.

The image exists as computer files on my machine, and also shows on my desktop. It's also in my mind and memory. And finally, the place where I took the original photo is still out there, somewhere, probably little changed. Somehow you may be able to track it down.

(I thought of adding a verbal clue after remembering that American researchers often provided 'co-ordinates' for their distant viewers to home in on. If the clue seems to help, fine, but if not, just ignore it.)

At least one would-be scryer reports being 'thrown' by the verbal clue!

Certainly, my initial thought was "chicken caesar salad", but this was likely a combination of the verbal clue, my liking of chicken caesar salad, and not having had breakfast at that point.

oooh! nomnomnomnomnom

Well, experiments are meant to find out what works and what doesn't - and it seems that giving a verbal clue has completely screwed up everyone's pyschic powers!

I haven't received one description of a sighting or a vision, just a couple of guesses at targets that include the names of ruddy Roman Emperors! The target doesn't have a name, it's an image!

If there's nothing more by tomorrow morning, I'm going to wrap this one up early. Meanwhile, perhaps people might like to think how we could improve this, or about something different we could try instead.

Maybe using less complex images?

The 'vines' seen by MorningA are similar to the hedgerows separating fields.
Tribbles blocks of brown, well the brown horse with a white strips looks like a block of brown and quite prominent. Not to mention the manure.
Mungo and Frides got lots of green.

Reminds me of that old chestnut about being blindfolded and touching one spot on an elephant.

I would suggest that, for the next experiment, we use actual objects. Physical, material objects with shape, dimensions, textures, maybe even scents. Things that occupy a place in time and space rather than just an image on a computer.

Once rynner2 declares his experiment over, I'd like to volunteer some objects (not like that, get your minds out of the gutter).

Things that occupy a place in time and space rather than just an image on a computer.
But the image on a computer IS of a real object in time and space!

Would 'objects' have a psychic resonance with minds? It seems to me to be going halfway back to Zener cards...

Well, nothing new received, so this experiment is now null and void, deceased... (and all the other dead parrot jokes).

My verbal clue was a hint at the geographical location of the scene pictured. The Emperor I had in mind was Constantine, because there's a village of that name west of Falmouth. (Actually, there is also Constantine Bay on the north coast of Cornwall, near Trevose Head.) Both places have churches dedicated to St Constantine, an obscure old Celtic Saint, not directly connected to to the Roman emperor.

My photo was taken in the churchyard of the Constantine near Falmouth, looking south over open country. Features shown include grey old gravestones, trees (evergreen and deciduous), a streetlamp, and lots of green fields. (again!) Also, on the distant skyline can just be made out some satellite dishes of Goonhilly Earth station, but I'd have been really gobsmacked if anyone had come up with that!

But there is one other loose link with the Roman emperor Constantine - he was the the first to accept Christianity, and my photo was taken in a Christian graveyard.

So, my work here is done, and I hand the baton over to Tribble or anyone else who wants to run with it.

I would suggest that, for the next experiment, we use actual objects. Physical, material objects with shape, dimensions, textures, maybe even scents. Things that occupy a place in time and space rather than just an image on a computer.

Once rynner2 declares his experiment over, I'd like to volunteer some objects (not like that, get your minds out of the gutter).

A physical object sounds a good idea.

A physical object sounds a good idea.
But how would we know it's a real physical object when all we get is electronic words on a VDU? :p

I suppose pictures of them could be posted afterwards...

..but hang on, haven't we just tried that!! :eek:

It's all terribly confusing... :confused:

Thanks to rynner2 for that!

So, my challenge to you. I have set three objects on the windowsill in this room. The room faces roughly east, so is quite well lit. I'll look at the objects on a regular basis. You must reach out with your awesome psychic powers and describe the objects as best you can - shape, colour, texture, etc. No clues, except that they're small enough to fit on a windowsill. Send me your guesses by private convo. I'll post a compilation of your Acorah-like scryings, plus a photo of the objects, in about 24 hours.

The use of drones to peek through my window is not permitted. And don't even bother trying to hack my webcam, it's not plugged in.

Well, I've just given this a go. Will give you my results via Conversation.

Okies, I think I started a conversation, lol.

Back