• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Shall We Run Our Own Experiment?

Ditto snap. @Tribble , you have been conversed at, with the results of my remote recce

The results are in!

Ermintrude

Right...I see a snow-globe, maybe, or a little smooth upside-down dome.
And a little ceramic animal....brown, green?
Finally, a flat brass thing, shaped like the letter "t"

I failed, didn't I?

Cultjunky

I think you have something triangular on the left ( when looking out of the window), not sure about the
middle, and something much smaller on the right.

MungomanII

What I am getting are three geometrical shapes - on the left is a triangle, could be a copy of the Eifel
tower, then a circular shape, then an upright rectangular shape - could be a vase.

pandacracker

I got:
bottle
girl
Japanese
playing card
and the colours orange and red

davidplankton

Old style medicine bottle with brown card label and string around neck.
A white disc with a pin attached.
A triangular flag, like in golf.

rynner2

A pair of 8 x 40 binoculars, black.
Small green shrub in a red plastic pot, standing in a saucer.
Water pistol, multicoloured but mostly green plastic.

Password_denied

1) bluish irridesent crystal (or its a rubics cube style) pyramid.
2) Prehistoric(?) Shark tooth.
3) A drinking horn with 2 metal legs

And the objects were.... *drum roll* :

RemoteViewThisIfYouCan.jpg

A broken teacup (white with flower pattern), a foam squeezy ball thingy and a metal multiscrewdriverspanner tool. I'd also added a few drops of basil oil to the cup to see if anyone detected a scent.

Interestingly, rynner2 seems to have been looking around - the room also contains 8x40 binoculars (black) and a small plant in a red pot, both within 2 metres of the objects. There's a water spray bottle in the other room that's made of yellow and green plastic. I'll be sure to wear pants next time you try to remote-view here.
And Ermintrude : I did consider using a small fake-jade (green) cat figurine when looking around for things to use...

The results are in!

Ermintrude
Right...I see a snow-globe, maybe, or a little smooth upside-down dome.
But, but (blustering, and projecting like an Acorah).....
2015-09-25 13.16.31.jpg

a little smooth upside-down dome.
Umm....isn't this a hit???

(well, you swapped the oriental jade cat for the stress-ball....and the herbal oil confused my spider-sense)

Metallic, flattened, thin and shaped like..a..thin letter.

And my sequence, left-to-right, was interesting.....note, perspective was from inside the room, not from the window

Ok, I admit it, I did use a pair of 8x40 binoculars (but I left them inside their carry-case).

And now, the reveal! The target photo:

View attachment 1185

Nobody mentioned animals, let alone horses!

But I suppose I'll have to allow one out of ten marks for those who mentioned 'Green'.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?
There is a blue sky and green grass and maybe the field dividers could be the squiggles. Better than I though lol.

Mine.

I am sitting in the study of my home on a sofa to the left of the double sliding doors that I must enter through. There is a largish wood desk to my left and three identical three-level glass-faced bookshelves in dark wood in front of me. As I most often sit at an angle, I look down on the lowest shelf of the left case, and one book - a third of the length of the shelf from the left - is in the very centre of my vision as I look up and over this screen. Its dust-jacketed spine is a dull blue on the top half and black on the bottom and bears the title. Could anybody suggest what this title might be by using their incredible psychic powers?

PM your entries.

Mine.

I am sitting in the study of my home on a sofa to the left of the double sliding doors that I must enter through. There is a largish wood desk to my left and three identical three-level glass-faced bookshelves in dark wood in front of me. As I most often sit at an angle, I look down on the lowest shelf of the left case, and one book - a third of the length of the shelf from the left - is in the very centre of my vision as I look up and over this screen. Its dust-jacketed spine is a dull blue on the top half and black on the bottom and bears the title. Could anybody suggest what this title might be by using their incredible psychic powers?

PM your entries.

When do you reveal the answer?

24hrs?

Edit: feel free to submit keywords or themes - you don't have to hit the exact title
Edit: two entries received - step right up, folks.

I tend to visualise myself walking in and let my mind fill in the details I don't have in real time. I take a lot of time looking at other 'things' and then turn to gaze at the target and keep my immediate impression.

This technique enjoys a 0% success rate thus far.

My technique involves trying to morph my thoughts into Yiths head and 'see' through his eyes.

I'm very distracted by groins atm.*

*ref to some other thread about what men look at.

Krepostnoi: Roget's Thesaurus - incorrect but the book to its left is a famous reference book on punctuation: You Have A Point There by Eric Partridge.

Tribble: Kingsley Amis. The Green Man. Probably a first edition - nil points.

Password_Denied: H.G. Wells "The Time machine & Other Stories" - No, but H.G. Wells's collected short stories are a third of the way from the left on the next bookcase - although the volume is - alas - neither jacketed nor a first edition.

Ermintrude: "Crime and Punishment" by Dostoevski - nil points.

MungomanII: One straw revolution by Masanobu Fukuoka - I'm embarrassed to say I've never heard of it. The only tenuous link I can draw is that if one were to go to the next bookcase and up as shelf one would find a book of Yukio Mishima short stories!

The book in my view was: Boats and Boatmen by T.C. Lethbridge.

It seems I am neither actively nor passively psychic - I surrender.

Last edited:
I've changed my desktop wallpaper, but not for the purposes of this thread - I was finding the pic of Constantine graveyard rather gloomy, so I've now got something brighter instead!

However, if anyone wants to continue the distant reading experiment, PM your visions to me as before.

Closing date Saturday am.

Well, two of you have been gazing into your crystal balls - that's two more than I expected!

The Results...

Frideswide: Fair waved the golden corn....

MercuryCrest: Frankly, with an open and suitably lubricated mind, the first thing I had when reading your latest comment was a field of daisies? Tulips? And a windmill in the background.

Probably nothing more than wishful thinking, given your previous description, this would appear to be the complete opposite.

Panda cracker: A man standing next to a car

Shady: This is going to be a spectacular miss, and i have a headache, all i saw was HMS, something or other, then a black and white cartoonish single bed and then some old oak and leather chairs like those in exclusive mens clubs
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, none of you came close! A wooden rocking horse would probably have done better!

The picture is in my next post...

The Target:

IMG_2344.jpg
This is High Tide at Gweek, at the head of the Helford River, on a fine June day in 2007.
There are plenty of features that might have been picked up, but no golden corn, flowers, windmills, or men standing by cars. (In fact, no human figures at all.)

Shady's HMS something or other hints at a nautical theme, but he then switched to indoor scenes!

So, another flop of an experiment!

Lovely photo!

Keep going, it's fun! and we get rewarded with a nice ohoto..... :)

So, who's next? (If nobody else wants to, I can provide a target...)

Keep going, it's fun! and we get rewarded with a nice ohoto..... :)
But if you're expecting a nice photo (or even a nice ohoto!), that will influence your reading. I'm thinking about how to randomly select pics from my collection(s), so that even I don't know what will come up... I'll work on the idea, but if Tribble wants to offer a target in the mean time, then go with it Tribs!

Right then, same MO as before. 3 objects selected from around the home, placed on the same windowsill as before. You have about 24 hours to PM/email me your divinations. I'll then post a photo of them.

I was toying with the idea of generating random numbers using the dice on my Backgammon program. Then I'd search for these numbers as the file numbers of my photos. That wouldn't be hard, and I may try it as an exercise sometime.

But of course there's loads of stuff on the internet to do the job, eg:

https://www.random.org/sequences/

I'll experiment with this, and see how Windows 10 gets by with searching for the numbers in 'Your Stuff' (as it disparagingly refers to my artistic output!)

Back