• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Shall We Run Our Own Experiment?

Thank you for organising Tribble dear :)

I wonder if we'd get better-than-chance results with, say, sequence prediction? And Zener cards?

I've neither cards, nor do I have a window-ledge...but, I'm intrigued as to whether we would somehow, collectively, be able to be better at predicting sub-set sequence at a distance, because of our longer-than-average duration of connectedness?

You see my point? Reduce the prediction attempt requirement for shape.. .but focus on a prediction of sequence. As a mini test....?

Worth it? Not sure....

I wonder if we'd get better-than-chance results with, say, sequence prediction? And Zener cards?

I've neither cards, nor do I have a window-ledge...but, I'm intrigued as to whether we would somehow, collectively, be able to be better at predicting sub-set sequence at a distance, because of our longer-than-average duration of connectedness?

You see my point? Reduce the prediction attempt requirement for shape.. .but focus on a prediction of sequence. As a mini test....?

Worth it? Not sure....

The results would certainly be more quantifiable. Anyone got any Zener cards? (We could, of course, just print some out - there's some images available online)

Zener cards? Boring, boring, boring!

In a nutshell, that is the argument against them: they have no emotional content or appeal. IIRC they were designed to preclude such identification. I like the soothing wavy lines, myself, but not very much more or less than the friendly star etc. Alleged cases of real-world telepathy tend to involve an entanglement which seems to defeat any attempts at objective demonstration.

Random numbers, attempts to influence vibrating crystals, imagining remote locations tend to "design out" of the experiment all the things which might make it work.

Non-Zener cards on table, I think there is such a thing as telepathy but it is not a mechanism we could ever control.

Imagining its wartime applications - the only reason for its funding - perhaps that is just as well! o_O

Edit: Eek! Rogue apostrophe zapped.

Last edited:
About three weeks ago I replaced Bo Peep as my desktop with another randomly chosen image. At first I thought I would use this as another target for psychic guesses, as before, but then I thought I wouldn't announce it, and just wait and see if anyone, in a post on any thread, comes up with anything pertaining to the target. So far no-one has.

But the pic has been on the internet, and on my desktop, and in my brain, for some time now, so if anyone wants to try to envision it, I'll give you till Saturday morning to PM me with your impressions.

:cool:

IMG_0574.JPG

It better not be Goatse Rynner!
Goatse? I had to look that up!

goatse

A disgusting picture of a man stretching his anus extremely wide. One of the oldest jokes on the internet is to link the picture to internet forums and chatrooms, renamed to look like something else like "happybunnies.jpg" . Often causes people to freak out.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=goatse

I could have lived quite happily without knowing that.

Results time:

Assuming Mystereaux1's picture counts as an entry, there were only two responses this time.

Shady offered "Umm, i was looking up, thro a roundish window at the night sky and it was raining, and it looked like a white curtain was gently flapping at the side of me"

The target was the bridge construction site at Hayle, four years ago this month. The big drilling machine is 'white', and it does have some 'round' openings, so I declare Shady the winner!

IMG_1452.jpg

http://haylenewbridge.weebly.com/index.html

I was close! There were things which looked like pipes and the guy is wearing a cardigan. It's possible, on a map, to draw a straight line between Cardigan and Hayle, which is close to St.Ives about which I posted on a different thread at around the same time! Add Kevin Bacon and that's more or less a direct hit!

o_O

So... anyone up for more bits of random stuff on the Mystical Windowsill of Scrying?
I'll give it a go.

(And I have a new random desktop pic, which I'll leave to 'mature' for a few days...)

Right then, my metaphysical muckers, three objects are up and ready for viewing. Usual place and conditions. If you see a cat, ignore it. I'll end this one at about 8pm GMT/ 9pm CET Monday.

Shady :

pencil sharpener

coffee

toothpaste

Krepostnoi :

a flat(tish) round black object - an ashtray?

a conical figure - something like those angel Xmas tree decoration thingies.

A photo in a frame or a post card. Possibly an Xmas card.

Ermintrude :

Primus, a toy or model bus (single-decker long coach shape, pale);

In the secundum, a comb or flattened brush, blue;

Et tert, a pair of lightweight scissors.

And the mystery objects were :

ScryingGame.jpg

A magnetic compass (which has a flat, round, black section), a pestle&mortar, and a VHS copy of "Leningrad Cowboys go America" (which has a photo, "framed" in a plastic cover). I think Krepostnoi wins this round! Step up and receive your virtual gold star!

Back