• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Shape-Shifters: Members Who've Changed Names / IDs

No special effects but I’ve been reinvented. Those who ignored jimv1 can now ignore this old retro analogue form.
Thanks to Yith for dealing with this and the modern miracle that this is possible on this new site.

That takes me back when did you swap to Jimv1?

No special effects but I’ve been reinvented. Those who ignored jimv1 can now ignore this old retro analogue form.
Thanks to Yith for dealing with this and the modern miracle that this is possible on this new site.

Change back to the diesel locomotive avatar and we'll forgive you.

Change back to the diesel locomotive avatar and we'll forgive you.

No, its confusing enough with the name change, the different avatar as well would be doubly-hard to know who the heck I'm talking to! I only know people from their avatars.

Tis a cool new name, though.

I'll be changing mine later (Motherland Calls was appropriate whilst we were under threat, but now it's time for something else.)
Aww heck! It'll take me ages to notice you. Unless you go back to the one you had before... hint.... hint...
I've gone with Dreyfus. He and Clouseau between them represent my usual state of being. ATM I'm more Lom than Sellers.

I've gone with Dreyfus. He and Clouseau between them represent my usual state of being. ATM I'm more Lom than Sellers.

Ah! I know that chap from the excellent "Human Jungle" series. That makes you easier to remember.

In my mind you are now a psychiatrist.

1542701709242.png

I just wanted to verify that my previous user name, Ibis, has shapeshifted -- or evolved, your pick -- and is now IbisNibs!
I was uncomfortable using a name so similar to Iris's, especially since she uses a colorful rainbow as her avatar pic, and my avatar pic is of a colorful array of Sennelier oil paints (for sale in the art department of a prominent department store in the center of Paris--viva la France!).

BTW, what's wrong with knowing posters only by their avatar pics? I never remember names.

I just wanted to verify that my previous user name, Ibis, has shapeshifted -- or evolved, your pick -- and is now IbisNibs!
I was uncomfortable using a name so similar to Iris's, especially since she uses a colorful rainbow as her avatar pic, and my avatar pic is of a colorful array of Sennelier oil paints (for sale in the art department of a prominent department store in the center of Paris--viva la France!).
BTW, what's wrong with knowing posters only by their avatar pics? I never remember names.

I always thought your Ibis was the bird whereas mine is Iris the rainbow or the flower. I was never upset about your name and did a doubletake this morning when I saw the added bit- thought for a minute I was having a memory lapse.

Back