• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Shape-Shifters: Members Who've Changed Names / IDs

I like the new name, sounds native American, possibly the Crow tribe. :)

OWB - possibly a reference to the quote that humanity is bird that cannot fly on only one wing ? It's about gender equality.

Actually I borrowed it from the anime Umineko no naku koru ni / When the seagulls cry. :lol: Just liked the idea of something really quite impossible.

escargot1 said:
Nobody wants to hear about ME. :evil:

For the record, I think that many people have looked at this thread, hoping that someone has missed them.

Actually, I have, too. Threads like this are great, but they are kind of a downer when you're not the one they're talking about....

Naughty_Felid said:
Black River Falls? Been a couple of years.

BRF is hiding in plain sight as OneWingedBird - unless I am even more confused than usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Naughty_Felid said:
Black River Falls? Been a couple of years.

Now called One Winged Bird.

No idea. I've been here under two names for many years, (was never a prolific poster in my early days), and don't recognize him. His top tips thread would be a giveaway surely?

Perhaps I'm drunk without realising it or suffering from amnesia, but I refer you to the response I made some moments ago.

I think he joined to tell us about his bathroom fun and liked the place so much he decided to stay 24 hours a day (!).

Come on George, your ears are burning, let us know - are you The Scarlet Pimpernel?

I think he joined to tell us about his bathroom fun and liked the place so much he decided to stay 24 hours a day (!).

Come on George, your ears are burning, let us know - are you The Scarlet Pimpernel?

The bathroom thing is still an on going mystery.

As for 24hours a day - in my current role as a mobile carer FT helps you get through the day.

I had wondered a similar thing, but perhaps not.

Ogopogo comes to mind as king of the bathroom anecdote, iirc though he checked in a while back.

Ogopogo checked in, told us he'd spent years away having a terrible time, then went away again. It's times like these you worry for the posters, but it's futile because there's nothing you can do.

I return to lurk once more.
Many moons ago my former self, blackhand2010, kind of hung around, like that guy at a funeral that you think may have been a friend of the deceased, or he may have just wandered in for the vol-au-vents.

I have now returned, and will probably post just as much...

I lurked for years without joining :) Are related in some way?

Many many years ago I was Guimauche. Then got disenchanted with the forum and left for several years returning in my current guise.

Welcome back, BaronHardacre.

You former incarnation still exists:
http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?members/blackhand2010.4472/

So I do, thank you.

As I said, sadly not even the email provider, that I signed up for the account with, exists any more (ah, Lineone, how you are missed...).
Plus, I chose that username way before 2010, thinking, as a callow youth, that it sounded futuristic and cool.
It didn't.
At least with this one, I've just mis-remembered the name of the lead character from '80s comedy, Brass.

Anyhooo, now I just have to get to grips with how the board works (it's taken me 5 minutes to work out how to quote. And that's relatively simple...).

So I do, thank you.

As I said, sadly not even the email provider, that I signed up for the account with, exists any more (ah, Lineone, how you are missed...).
Plus, I chose that username way before 2010, thinking, as a callow youth, that it sounded futuristic and cool.
It didn't.
At least with this one, I've just mis-remembered the name of the lead character from '80s comedy, Brass.

Anyhooo, now I just have to get to grips with how the board works (it's taken me 5 minutes to work out how to quote. And that's relatively simple...).

Welcome back!

Back