• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Shingles

I wonder if shingles has become more prevalent because of all the stress about nowadays. First we had all the Covid lockdowns, furloughs, job losses etc etc, and now we're moving away from that we've got war, shortages, price rises etc etc.

I was always told that shingles could be triggered by stress - so maybe that's what's happening? The virus is being set off in susceptible individuals who are under more stress than usual.
I think my recent bout of eczema has been caused by stress.
Maybe I need to move to a desert island with no news.

Last edited:
My niece just got shingles for the second time in just a few years, and she's only 30!
I remember working with a young woman who got shingles. She was only 28. She was someone who seemed to be constantly stressed. But the shingles were awful for her. She had only had the job a short time so she didn't even have any PTO yet.

I'm partially sighted in that eye I have had shingles again but thankfully not in the eye
My mother's friend and the friend's husband volunteered for the shingles vaccine testing years ago and the husband got the placebo, the wife got the vaccine and got shingles so bad that it left her blind in one eye. Neither of them had ever had shingles before. They were in their 70's.

My mother's friend and the friend's husband volunteered for the shingles vaccine testing years ago and the husband got the placebo, the wife got the vaccine and got shingles so bad that it left her blind in one eye. Neither of them had ever had shingles before. They were in their 70's.

Bless them! It's a job that needs done.

Back