• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Should Urban Legends and Folklore have their own forums?

Should Urban Legends be split from Folklore on the FTMB?

• Yes, they should have their own dedicated forums

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, they should stay as they are in the one forum

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
Following discussion on the Board improvements or suggestions thread, the idea that Urban Legends and Folklore should each have its own forum was mooted.

I can see the merit in both seperate forums and keeping it all together, so am putting it to the vote. The poll will run for two weeks.

Urban legends are folklore and splitting up the fora will result in endless arguments about where the line is supposed to be.

They belong together. It's only the location which varies. Probably the ULs outnumber the traditional folkloric stories here.

Come to think of it, this forum tends to be a repository of queries and reflections on sayings, habits and "memes" which are not properly speaking Urban Myths or Legends. It might be possible to separate those into a separate category but they all seem to sit quite happily together in my view. :)

edit: Forum, not thread!

Considering there's now 4 cryptozoology threads, I think the less break ups the better.

Back